The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #826
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
How many helicarriers were there? I spotted 4.
I count 3 together, in one shot.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #827
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Looks really great. Finally a Marvel movie that doesn't look like the same old Marvel which I'm burnt out on big time. Action looks fantastic, really fantastic. The black paint on winter soldier is hilariously bad though and really another helicarrier crash, why do they even have these things, they are so worthless
A helicarrier has never crashed in the MCU. Not once. All we saw was one that *almost* crashed but didn't.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #828
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I really am not seeing MoE. I fully expect a PTS villain, followed by Ultron.

Secondly, this film needs to end with Cap. His journey and resolution. Credit sequences aside of course.
I have a gut feeling they're combining Zemo and Strucker together.. the 2 honestly arn't all "that" different, and we surely arn't getting 2 "barons" not to mention when we already have a Zola, I doubt we are going to get a Zemo as well.. (names can easily get confusing) So it really does make sense to combine the characters.

We know Crossbones is returning, and that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Strucker along with the twins make an appearance in this film
So it's easy to assume that Strucker is putting a team together imo.. odds seem to be in that favor.

couple that with Gravitron and Blizzard being set up on Agents of Shield, Blonsky in prison (he's available if they want to use him) even in just abomination form. And there's certainly a list of baddies forming.

then there's also the rumor that
Cap's Shield Therapist is Karla aka Moonstone
makes an appearance or is at least referenced by name. That'd be another Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts reference.

So it really would not shock me one bit.

and yes, i know Gravitron has no affiliation with MOE or Thunderbolts, but he does have an affiliation with AIM. and Baron Von Strucker is also the Founder of AIM. We know Killian might of created it in the MCU... but Strucker could have been the one to foot the bill

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 02-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #829
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I suppose Cap diving from a jet without the aid of a parachute or hurling his shield into a jet causing the wing to explode mean nothing to you. And I guess you haven't seen the elevator fight scene...?

Anyway, it's supposed to show WS as a viable threat so I think it's fine to show him "overpowering" Cap in the trailers. That doesn't mean that it'll stay that way in the movie.
Agreed. It's called keeping the stakes raised.

The way the trailers are cut are meant to show the viewer that the threat is viable and substantial; how anti-climactic would it be to have every shot in this Cap overpowering his enemies like it means nothing? The villain outwitting and outfighting the hero are some of the best money shots (see: WS choking Cap, WS pulling Falcon out of the sky).

These scenes are snippets of longer battles as well, so it's not like Cap's not going to get the upperhand at some point.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #830
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
The visual effects look just fine, people nit pick too much.
This times a million!

Old 02-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #831
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I count 3 together, in one shot.
I might have mis-counted but that's awesome. I wonder if all of them go down. I think 2 go down as we've seen from the trailers. Not sure about the 3rd one though.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 02-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #832
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
So at what point do the characters from GotG converge with the Avengers I wonder?

Most likely in the third Avengers film, right? Heck maybe even a bit in AoU?
hopefully never. Though i could see starlord pop up to tell info on Thanos to the team

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 02-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #833
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
A helicarrier has never crashed in the MCU. Not once. All we saw was one that *almost* crashed but didn't.
Yikes sorry. Point still stands, they're useless

Old 02-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #834
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

You can play Galaga on them. I'd hardly call that useless.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #835
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Looks really great. Finally a Marvel movie that doesn't look like the same old Marvel which I'm burnt out on big time. Action looks fantastic, really fantastic. The black paint on winter soldier is hilariously bad though and really another helicarrier crash, why do they even have these things, they are so worthless
Except it happens a lot in the comics…

I mean…

Old 02-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #836
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

A point about humor; so long as the quips don't interfere with the WS reveal or Bucky/Steve's confrontations, this can have all the humor it wants. I think a lot of it will come from Steve's interactions with Falcon and Nat, but more along the lines of drier wit and sass. Cap can get pretty sassy from time to time in the comics, though he typically plays more the straight man around other "funnier" characters. But I think humor should come naturally from the interactions, especially Sam and Cap's interaction. Their cameraderie's already shining through in the second trailer and that's basically what I wanted.

So. Excited. I think I've already watched the damn thing 30+ times this morning.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #837
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
So. Excited.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #838
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
WT, it is *never* a good time for Rob Schnieder. Too early for that ish

(I kid. Is that Deuce Bigalow???)

Old 02-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #839
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
WT, it is *never* a good time for Rob Schnieder. Too early for that ish

(I kid. Is that Deuce Bigalow???)
Nah, it's from The Hot Chick. Rob's finest performance! I laughed, I cried... it became a part of me.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #840
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
So. Excited. I think I've already watched the damn thing 30+ times this morning.

Quote:

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #841
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nah, it's from The Hot Chick. Rob's finest performance! I laughed, I cried... it became a part of me.
*liked*

Last edited by Huddsy; 02-03-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #842
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Dude you are so lame.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #843
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

hee!

Old 02-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #844
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I really don't even have the words for my excitement for this movie
Gotta start lowering my expectations or they'll be impossible to meet
Looks like it could be not only the best phase 2 movie or the best movie this year, but the best cbm of this still young decade.... but I can't let myself believe, don't want to be that disappointed

Old 02-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #845
melvintwj
Spoder-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I suppose Cap diving from a jet without the aid of a parachute or hurling his shield into a jet causing the wing to explode mean nothing to you. And I guess you haven't seen the elevator fight scene...?

Anyway, it's supposed to show WS as a viable threat so I think it's fine to show him "overpowering" Cap in the trailers. That doesn't mean that it'll stay that way in the movie.
Good point there. I have only seen the trailer once so far so I might have missed out something here and there.

I do like the elevator scene, but it's just.. I would expect it to be more effortless to K.O all the guys, you know what I mean?

Taking down the jet with the shield is awesome! Really hope to have more scenes with Cap showing off his skills with the shield.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:07 AM   #846
The Endless
Side-Kick

Looked amazing. It's like a spy action film on steroids rather than a straight up superhero romp.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #847
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:

Is that Wolverine at the bottom left corner?

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 02-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #848
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

This is from someone who's supposedly seen the movie.

Quote:
Marvel played the “Super Bowl TV spot telling you to go watch a trailer online” card, for April’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It’s the Phase 2 film that most directly sets up The Avengers: Age of Ultron, and DAMN, did they deliver a great second trailer. It gives a sense of how good Cap 2 actually is, because even if Captain America is nobody’s favorite, this might be the best movie Marvel has put together yet.
Obviously, that’s going to come down somewhat to taste. I’m not going to argue with people who prefer Iron Man or The Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy is definitely funnier. But as a movie, Cap 2 hangs together really well, and feels the most grounded. There’s no space magic or aliens or monsters. It’s just people (with a few enhancements), and old-fashioned political backstabbing. The problems are weirdly timely (how far is too far when it comes to protecting the populace?), and while there are some grandiose CGI sequences, the bulk of the action is down-and-dirty hand-to-hand combat done with actual, practical stunt work. It’s kind of a relief to watch one of these movies and be aware that pretty much everything you’re seeing was done by real people.
And then there’s the Winter Soldier. This trailer properly introduces him and we get to see a little more of him in action, but they are definitely withholding his best stuff. His first appearance is a slick, exciting action sequence, and again—it’s all real people doing real stunts. (Directors Joe and Anthony Russo deserve a lot of credit for how good this movie looks, which is probably why they’re already hammering out their Cap 3 contracts.) I don’t know if Sebastian Stan has the personality to hook people the way Tom Hiddleston did, but the Winter Soldier is cool as ***** every time he shows up. Stan’s going to get a shot at being Marvel’s next favorite bad boy.
It’s also worth mentioning that Captain America: The Winter Soldier has no damsels in distress. There are three highly capable women in the movie—four if you count elderly Peggy Carter—one of whom is Cap’s partner and one of whom is his boss. Cap’s love life is reduced to a running gag—they skip the obligatory romantic subplot. Sharon Carter, Cap’s comic book love, is, in fact, nothing more than a glorified cameo (which is why Emily VanCamp is not factoring into the promotions so far). Again, it’s a refreshing change from what we’re used to seeing in a movie like this.

So yeah, Captain America 2 is pretty great. And there’s a big reveal that general audiences won’t see coming (and ought to open some doors to fix that awful SHIELD show).
Last part is in spoilers

But the thing that’s probably going to leave people talking the most is the post-credits stinger. They’re calling them “The Twins”, the brother-sister team of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, and they don’t look like any Marvel heroes we’ve met to date. Having seen them, I am really sad for Fox and the X-Men, because this *****:

…is horrible in and of itself, but in comparison it’s outright embarrassing.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #849
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:

I mean…
True, but it hasn't happened in the movies yet, and most people who go to see these movies don't read the comics anyway.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #850
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvintwj View Post
Good point there. I have only seen the trailer once so far so I might have missed out something here and there.

I do like the elevator scene, but it's just.. I would expect it to be more effortless to K.O all the guys, you know what I mean?

Taking down the jet with the shield is awesome! Really hope to have more scenes with Cap showing off his skills with the shield.
1. There's like eight of them and they're ganging up on him all at once.
2. He's fighting in a very enclosed and confined space.
3. It looks like his hands might be restrained (he broke something off of his wrist with the shield, which I'm guessing is what's left of some kind of restraining device).

Closed Thread