The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 04:17 PM   #251
Sun_Down
You Best Is Enough

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2

I'll never understand why a franchise like Iron Man is considered to be so "faithful." Yes, they nailed the look, but his character is just RDJ with a goatee and an Iron Man suit. The Iron Man I grew up reading wasn't some snarky quip-machine. He was kind of serious. Bit of a stick up his butt, really.

But since he had a red and gold suit, it was "faithful."

Old 02-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #252
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2

Yes, the Tony Stark in the movies is much more effete and less butch, lol...

But nailing the look is a big part of these films.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #253
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Meh I'm okay with liberties being taken and money wise Fox were **** to Singer when he was making his X-Films so that explains the limited scope but there is no excuse for it in 2014. The characters should and can be brought closer to their comicbook counterparts and the scope can be widened now. There is literally no excuse for this X-Film not to look epic, if it looks small in the next trailer, that is Singer's fault.
Yeah I'm curious to see if the next trailer can step things up with the "bigness" that a 250 million dollar movie about superheroes fighting robots should have. I'm willing to accept the excuse that the first trailer was character-centric because the fx were far from done (and overall I liked that trailer), but the next one needs to step things up on the epic side.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:25 PM   #254
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
I'll never understand why a franchise like Iron Man is considered to be so "faithful." Yes, they nailed the look, but his character is just RDJ with a goatee and an Iron Man suit. The Iron Man I grew up reading wasn't some snarky quip-machine. He was kind of serious. Bit of a stick up his butt, really.

MS has plenty of things different from the comics just like all others, but costuming is mostly adapted very well so are viewed as more "faithful"

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 02-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #255
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Empire did covers for Star Trek Into Darkness which featured the director JJ Abrams, I think Singer is doing some thing similar here...If that was accepted as cool, then there's no reason not to accept this too.

Well I don't like the idea of the director being in a magazine cover with the cast. Especially when the cast is in their costumes, not daily clothes.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 02-08-2014, 06:00 AM   #256
lastairbender
Side-Kick

In this moment I think what this movie misses is just posters or and promo art... there are new shots of Spiderman poses almost everyday remembering people the movie is coming...those two teaser poster are cool but not enought in this moment, period!

Old 02-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #257
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
MS has plenty of things different from the comics just like all others, but costuming is mostly adapted very well so are viewed as more "faithful"
The costimes are mostly accurate for the Ultimates.If you don't like Ultimate Marvel then they are detures.Hell they treated the classic Captain America outfit as a joke.

And some don't care if MS makes changes they are always great but flast everything Fox does since they are considered the devil.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #258
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:

You've hit it on the head.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #259
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The costimes are mostly accurate for the Ultimates.If you don't like Ultimate Marvel then they are detures.Hell they treated the classic Captain America outfit as a joke.

And some don't care if MS makes changes they are always great but flast everything Fox does since they are considered the devil.
Ultimate Hawkeye and Ultimate Fury...but thats it.

Black Widow was basically the same look in both 616, Ultimate and MCU.

Hulk is straight up 616.

MCU Thor does not follow Ultimate Thor at all.

Ultimate Iron Man is wayyyy bulkerier and had a different look than MCU Ironman(at least he was, did they slim him down later?)

Cap is kinda his own thing, with bits of both.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:30 PM   #260
Tymminator

Quote:

Tony has been cracking jokes in Avengers starting way back when Bendis took over writing Avengers. Granted after he took over, several characters started also making quips, but at any rate, that predates the RDJ Ironman by several years.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #261
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
Ultimate Hawkeye and Ultimate Fury...but thats it.

Black Widow was basically the same look in both 616, Ultimate and MCU.

Hulk is straight up 616.

MCU Thor does not follow Ultimate Thor at all.

Ultimate Iron Man is wayyyy bulkerier and had a different look than MCU Ironman(at least he was, did they slim him down later?)

Cap is kinda his own thing, with bits of both.
Captain America's main outfit Is based on ultimates.

Black widow's does kind of also resemble 616.But,others with more knowledge than I of ultimate says Black widow Is bit more like ultiate version.

Hulk Is almost always the same.

Thor more of less followes 616 although they for most part have lost the helmet except briefly In first thor.

It's hard to know exactly which version of Iron Man's armor over the years the films took inspiration

Old 02-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #262
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ultimate Fury
There isn't something like Ultimate Fury, it's just Samuel L. Jackson

Old 02-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #263
Tymminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Captain America's main outfit Is based on ultimates.

Black widow's does kind of also resemble 616.But,others with more knowledge than I of ultimate says Black widow Is bit more like ultiate version.

Hulk Is almost always the same.

Thor more of less followes 616 although they for most part have lost the helmet except briefly In first thor.

It's hard to know exactly which version of Iron Man's armor over the years the films took inspiration
Unless they changed it after I dropped it, Ultimate Cap and MCU Cap are only simular in their WW2 looks. Caps outfit in Avengers is not any more Ultimate (looking at just Ultimates 1 and 2, I pushed everything after out of my brain) than 616.

His outfit in the new flick is straight up 616 from the Brubaker Super Soldier run.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:23 PM   #264
Tymminator

Also, Ironman's armor looks way closer to 616 than the UU version, UU version has a different helmet all together and different proportions, the guy climbs into his armor more than really having it put on him.

Black Widow is also, so far, WAY closer to 616 than UU version personality wise, and thats all I'll get into that without doing Ultimates 2 spoliers. Look wise, the three (MCU, 616, UU) are pretty much the same.

Last edited by Tymminator; 02-08-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #265
Tymminator

Back on X-Men, I have aquestion.

What do you think our chances are of seeing at least pictures of the Sentinal versions that existed between the 70's version (Mark 1) to the future Nimrod ones?(Mark 10, right?)

Im guessing pretty low, but a guy can dream. At least I'm getting full-action Sentinels and no more teasing, and the future ones are going to be freaking monsters.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #266
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Maybe we`ll see them in Trask-Industries.com...

Old 02-08-2014, 08:49 PM   #267
Zarex
Side-Kick

Whether the Avengers costumes are more 616 or Ultimate inspired doesn't matter as much as the fact that each of the members of the team are easily identifiable by anyone who has ever read a comic. Based on the Empire Covers, it would be extremely difficult for a fan of the X books to pick Havok, Toad, Quicksilver, Professor X (present version), Kitty Pride, Sunspot , Iceman and the Sentinel (future version) out of a police lineup.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #268
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Back on X-Men, I have aquestion.

What do you think our chances are of seeing at least pictures of the Sentinal versions that existed between the 70's version (Mark 1) to the future Nimrod ones?(Mark 10, right?)

Im guessing pretty low, but a guy can dream. At least I'm getting full-action Sentinels and no more teasing, and the future ones are going to be freaking monsters.
I think it depends. I have my suspicions that there is nothing between Mark I and X. Just upgrades. And that X isn't meant to be a number but the letter "x" for mutant.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #269
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:

Yeah, in the comics he was pretty much James Bond with a suit of armor. No idea where the ADD-ridden, wacky scientist who loves Sabbath thing came from. People love it though.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #270
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Whether the Avengers costumes are more 616 or Ultimate inspired doesn't matter as much as the fact that each of the members of the team are easily identifiable by anyone who has ever read a comic. Based on the Empire Covers, it would be extremely difficult for a fan of the X books to pick Havok, Toad, Quicksilver, Professor X (present version), Kitty Pride, Sunspot , Iceman and the Sentinel (future version) out of a police lineup.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:08 AM   #271
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Professor X (present version) is easily recognizable, he just didn't wear suit & tie all the time in the comics.

Iceman is also easily recognizable given his power display.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:26 AM   #272
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Professor X (present version) is easily recognizable, he just didn't wear suit & tie all the time in the comics.

Iceman is also easily recognizable given his power display.
I think Zarex meant McAvoy's Xavier.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:29 AM   #273
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well I don't think McAvoy's Xavier is the present version.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:32 AM   #274
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

There isn't a "present" version of any character is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 02-09-2014, 12:33 AM   #275
Tymminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post
Maybe we`ll see them in Trask-Industries.com...
That would be very cool! It's also very possible, even if it's sketches.

Closed Thread