The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #326
Rike
Wat.

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2

What's the point?

Old 02-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #327
kasjan
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2

Poster typical for Disney's family Sunday movies.
Trailer of GOTG, with humor at 10 yo kid level.
No contest for DOFP.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #328
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post
What's the point?
Am I the only one that read the title of this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Poster typical for Disney's family Sunday movies.
Trailer of GOTG, with humor at 10 yo kid level.
No contest for DOFP.

Prepare for the onslaught of Rocket everywhere. Kids are going to adore him.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #329
def28
Side-Kick

That character is gonna steal the screen. The GOTG poster is my fav of the all the Marvel flicks. Hilarious/brilliant tag line.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #330
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Looks like some sort of Space Jam send-up.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:45 PM   #331
kasjan
Side-Kick

If I want to see Shrek, I would go to see Shrek in cinema. 2/3 of trailer is humor, at low level. Oh talking tree looked at us, this dude took my walkman I will punch him

Old 02-20-2014, 04:45 PM   #332
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

I was thinking more like Serenity light but I still think it looks good just not as amazing as some are claiming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 02-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #333
Rike
Wat.

Quote:
if i want to see shrek, i would go to see shrek in cinema. 2/3 of trailer is humor, at low level. Oh talking tree looked at us, this dude took my walkman i will punch him
lol

Old 02-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #334
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post
Looks like some sort of Space Jam send-up.
Best part of Space Jam is Tweety in the iron lung.

Quote:
If I want to see Shrek, I would go to see Shrek in cinema. 2/3 of trailer is humor, at low level. Oh talking tree looked at us, this dude took my walkman I will punch him
You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #335
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Shrek? WTf are you talking about haha? That's the worst comparison I've ever heard for this film even if it's not in your style.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #336
xrs13
Cold as ice

I liked the trailer for GOTG but I am not massive fan of the comedic style throughout so also didnt get the "amazing" vibe everyone else seemed to get. I guess I just prefer the darker type of cbm

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

Old 02-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #337
kasjan
Side-Kick

I'm talking about level of humor I saw in this trailer, it's good for kids.
This trailer doesn't make me to go to watch GOTG in cinema. Looks more like another IM3 than good movie about heroes.
If I want to see family comedy, I would go to see Shrek.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:57 PM   #338
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

You think the GotG is going to be a family comedy? I just don't know what to say to that...

Old 02-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #339
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I don't care about GotG.I care nothing about them since I never read it once In my life.But,I have seen not all reaction has been all postive.

Funny they can't sell it on their own without the from same studio behind Iron Man,Thor,cap,and the avengers.First time I ever heard having to use studio to sell film.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #340
Rike
Wat.

Quote:
I'm talking about level of humor I saw in this trailer, it's good for kids.
This trailer doesn't make me to go to watch GOTG in cinema. Looks more like another IM3 than good movie about heroes.
If I want to see family comedy, I would go to see Shrek.
But the Shrek franchise ended years ago.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #341
kasjan
Side-Kick

IM3 was, and GOTG trailer is even more funny than IM3 trailer.

Quote:
But the Shrek franchise ended years ago.
There are cinemas where you can watch it again

Old 02-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #342
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I don't care about GotG.I care nothing about them since I never read it once In my life.But,I have seen not all reaction has been all postive.

Funny they can't sell it on their own without the from same studio behind Iron Man,Thor,cap,and the avengers.First time I ever heard having to use studio to sell film.
Then you don't pay attention to most film advertisement. This is a very common practice. I am going to be honest, this sounds bitter. Why shouldn't they sell their film with their best foot forward? Because it might work?

Old 02-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #343
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Yeah what a dumb move Those films are not selling points at all with their target audience.

Everyone knew they were doing that. They would be fools not to. Stop being jealous.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:05 PM   #344
kasjan
Side-Kick

And at next Disney's poster we will read:
New Warriors: from the studio that brought you Iron man, Thor, Captain America, Avengers 1 2 3 4 5 6, GotG , AntMan, Hulk, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Inhumans, Heroes for hire, Daredevil, Moonknight,...

Old 02-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #345
Rike
Wat.

Quote:
There are cinemas where you can watch it again
Not in my town.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #346
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
New Warriors: from the studio that brought you Iron man, Thor, Captain America, Avengers 1 2 3 4 5 6, GotG , AntMan, Hulk, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Inhumans, Heroes for hire, Daredevil, Moonknight,...
With a "You're Welcome". Its a self aware poster...

It's also connected to the franchise. There should be no issues even if it wasn't.

Last edited by def28; 02-20-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #347
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not in my town.
Looks I'm lucky to live in big town with few kinds of cinemas. In nearest cinema to me, you can watch really old classic movies

Old 02-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #348
Rike
Wat.

Quote:

Old 02-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #349
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Maybe In 2015 Fox should sell the Fantastic Four as being from studio that brought you Planet of the apes,Alien,X-Men,and Avater

Old 02-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #350
Rike
Wat.

Quote:
Looks I'm lucky to live in big town with few kinds of cinemas. In nearest cinema to me, you can watch really old classic movies
Your lucky bastard