The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #351
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Maybe In 2015 Fox should sell the Fantastic Four as being from studio that brought you Planet of the apes,Alien,X-Men,and Avater
Why not? It's not a lie. Studios do that.

The difference here would be GOTG takes place in the same connected universe as the movies mentioned.

If Fox has a shared universe and says on a meta Deadpool poster " from the studio that brought you Days Of Future Past and X-Force" with the tagline "Youre Welcome" (or along the lines of a 4th wall break) why would you call ********? That would be perfect. Especially if there is a direct connection! Which there is here.

Last edited by def28; 02-20-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #352
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more] - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
And at next Disney's poster we will read:
New Warriors: from the studio that brought you Iron man, Thor, Captain America, Avengers 1 2 3 4 5 6, GotG , AntMan, Hulk, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Inhumans, Heroes for hire, Daredevil, Moonknight,...
It would be quite the feat if they were able to pull all that off. I think your jealousy meter might break.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #353
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Yea, seriously. People are really jumping on the fact that they used the "From the studio that brought you.." tagline? Really?! Like seriously? Why would they not?

X-Men: Apocalypse would be smart to say "From the studio that brought you "X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past." It's called trying to get consumers to make positive product associations and it works wonders when done correctly.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:21 PM   #354
kasjan
Side-Kick

It's not jealousy, I'm just interested in darker movies. Since Marvel sold it to Disney, we can see comedies. Even Thor 2 wasn't Dark as title of movie says, too much of stupid gags. There is hope Cap 2 will be different, again first Ironman level.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #355
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
It's not jealousy, I'm just interested in darker movies. Since Marvel sold it to Disney, we can see comedies. Even Thor 2 wasn't Dark as title of movie says, too much of stupid gags. There is hope Cap 2 will be different, again first Ironman level.
Then explain the complaints about how they advertise?

Old 02-20-2014, 05:38 PM   #356
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed.If trailers for cap 2 aren't misleading me it's a step In right direction.

I am all about DOFP for 2014 with ASm2,Dawn of planet of the apes,and final
Hobbit runnerups.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #357
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

OMG Marvel Studios are using the good will about Marvel Studios to sell a Marvel Studios film from Marvel Studios!!1!!1

I'm going to watch that DOFP trailer again in protest. From the director of The Usual Suspects and X-Men you know...

Old 02-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #358
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
OMG Marvel Studios are using the good will about Marvel Studios to sell a Marvel Studios film from Marvel Studios!!1!!1

I'm going to watch that DOFP trailer again in protest. From the director of The Usual Suspects and X-Men you know...
It's common practice to mention other films the director has done.This is first
time they mention other films the studio has done.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #359
kasjan
Side-Kick

Bryan who?
Guardians of what?

Old 02-20-2014, 06:01 PM   #360
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Are we really discussing trailers mentioning other films that the producers are involved with? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 02-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #361
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
If I want to see Shrek, I would go to see Shrek in cinema. 2/3 of trailer is humor, at low level. Oh talking tree looked at us, this dude took my walkman I will punch him
And as we all know, humour must be stamped out at all cost!

Heil ForCereal!

Quote:
Maybe In 2015 Fox should sell the Fantastic Four as being from studio that brought you Planet of the apes,Alien,X-Men,and Avater
That wouldn't be a bad idea at all, especially if DOFP is a big hit.

Quote:
Oh come on dude! You don't like any fun/funny films?

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 02-20-2014, 06:09 PM   #362
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Oh come on dude! You don't like any fun/funny films?
I like comedies, but I heard GOTG isn't comedy

Old 02-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #363
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Are we really discussing trailers mentioning other films that the producers are involved with? Really?
I can't, even...

Old 02-20-2014, 06:21 PM   #364
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I can't, even...
These last two pages are pure cringe. I'm going to bed.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #365
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
These last two pages are pure cringe. I'm going to bed.
I'm going to play Lego Marvel Superheroes now...

Old 02-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #366
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I wasn't a fan of the trailer for GOTG and I'm still not as excited about it as some fanboys seem to be (the humor looks really forced) but that poster is beautiful.

I can only hope the eventual poster for DOFP is as beautiful.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #367
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Some of the recent replies in here just scream jealousy, honestly.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #368
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Some of the recent replies in here just scream jealousy, honestly.
Yeah, well I heard that the GOTG trailer's mother wears combat boots.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #369
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Of course Marvel is going to use their other popular films to market GOTG, they'd be stupid not to do that.

I like the aesthetics of GOTG and I liked Super and Slither but I don't get the love for that trailer. It's nice that Marvel is doing something a little different but the movie just looks okay to me now. I'll be looking out for the story based trailer though. I wasn't a huge fan of Days of Future Past trailer either but I'm not holding that against either film until I see final trailers.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 PM   #370
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
I liked the trailer for GOTG but I am not massive fan of the comedic style throughout so also didnt get the "amazing" vibe everyone else seemed to get. I guess I just prefer the darker type of cbm
The trailer is mediocre in my opinion.

Quote:
I don't care about GotG.I care nothing about them since I never read it once In my life.But,I have seen not all reaction has been all postive.

Funny they can't sell it on their own without the from same studio behind Iron Man,Thor,cap,and the avengers.First time I ever heard having to use studio to sell film.
For me, the thing I dislike the most about GOTG being released is I expected Marvel to release movies for Dr. Strange, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man, Black Panther first. This seems like a vanity project from Marvel.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #371
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Don't forget Life of Pi, Ice Age, Rio and Night at the Museum.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-20-2014, 09:59 PM   #372
def28
Side-Kick

Old 02-20-2014, 10:07 PM   #373
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
The trailer is mediocre in my opinion.

For me, the thing I dislike the most about GOTG being released is I expected Marvel to release movies for Dr. Strange, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man, Black Panther first. This seems like a vanity project from Marvel.
I didn't quite get the trailer either, but I don't dislike it. It's definitely..."out there".

But here's the very cool thing: Marvel is cocky and confident enough to go out there on that limb and do a vanity project. Clearly they are working from a plan involving their characters and the universe they're establishing for them. That's why this film is coming before Dr. Strange, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man, etc. It's a puzzle being created and pieced together over a multi-year plan roll-out. That's commendable and artistically brilliant.

Can that be said for other competing CBM studios?

Old 02-20-2014, 10:11 PM   #374
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

*shrugs* I don't get the big to do about Marvel using their other hit films to sell another one.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:20 PM   #375
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
*shrugs* I don't get the big to do about Marvel using their other hit films to sell another one.
It's only a few posters who think that, and they are more then likely reaching for reasons to bash. It's what the studio should be doing. As should Fox, Sony and DC when their time comes with expanded titles.

Last edited by def28; 02-20-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Closed Thread