The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:26 PM   #326
SuperJediHero
Mind BLOWN!!!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

You guys way UNDERESTIMATE the power of a Super Bowl ad, *sigh*

But, is it wrong for me to assume that FOX network and FOX movie studio have some sort of tie at least to make a promo much cheaper than if they were other studios, if not FREE?

Old 02-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #327
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Super Bowl spots are a thing of the past. If people didn't notice studios aren't playing ball with networks anymore. The price for the amount of screen time a movie can get doesn't justify the studio cashing out 4-5 million for 30 seconds. That's why we got a 15 second spots telling us to go to each films respective website.

Studios know these spots aren't necessary anymore. In fact Warner Brothers stopped doing it back in 2005 with Batman Begins. So, yeah. Expect for this tradition to die out very soon if the prices stay the same.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-02-2014, 10:31 PM   #328
SuperJediHero
Mind BLOWN!!!

Sorry, but I think Super Bowl spots are things of past for maybe GEEKS/NERDS (Most of these types would probably not watch SB anyway, it pains them lol they rather just watch it online instead of on TV), but certainly for football jocks, and averages joes Super Bowl ads are STILL very very very important to reach a new audience that were not aware of the movie before!

Last edited by SuperJediHero; 02-02-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #329
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
And? Super Bowl spot doesn't make that happen.
I know that but maybe it could've helped a little. The entire Empire thing was a disaster and the teaser trailer had a mixed reception.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #330
JP
To me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJediHero View Post

But, is it wrong for me to assume that FOX network and FOX movie studio have some sort of tie at least to make a promo much cheaper than if they were other studios, if not FREE?
No. It doesn't work that way.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #331
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Sorry, but I think Super Bowl spots are things of past for GEEKS/NERD, but certainly for football jocks, and averages Super Bowl ads are STILL very very very important!
Really? Because the only people I see talking about the movie spots on social media right now are the geeks who knew they were coming.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #332
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
I know that but maybe it could've helped a little. The entire Empire thing was a disaster and the teaser trailer had a mixed reception.
No, it wouldn't have.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #333
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Sorry, but I think Super Bowl spots are things of past for GEEKS/NERD, but certainly for football jocks, and averages Super Bowl ads are STILL very very very important!
So that's why studios are opting out and splitting up their spots into two 15 second spots to make the most out of their purchase?

It's more than "geeks/nerds". It's the executives too and they're aware that the impact on the "general" viewer is minute.

You're going to see even less next year if the prices for these spots stay the same or go up. Mark my words.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #334
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
And? Super Bowl spot doesn't make that happen.
But there's no way of knowing that since as you said we've never had a Super Bowl.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #335
SuperJediHero
Mind BLOWN!!!

Quote:
Really? Because the only people I see talking about the movie spots on social media right now are the geeks who knew they were coming.

EXACTLY my point, the jocks/averages joes have NO idea about it, and thus why it's important to promote to THEM!!!

Promoting to geeks actually is never the point, to begin with.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #336
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
All sorts of wrong in this post.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #337
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
But there's no way of knowing that since as you said we've never had a Super Bowl.
OK. It would have made eleventy-billion dollars on opening weekend if only they'd had a Super Bowl spot.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #338
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:

Oh the irony here...

Old 02-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #339
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
EXACTLY my point, the jocks/averages joes have NO idea about it, and thus why it's important to promote to THEM!!!
I don't see the jocks/average joes talking about the movie spots that did air.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #340
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

After the fact but...
Quote:
Director Bryan Singer has rubbished rumours that fans will be treated to a first look at Apocalypse in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Singer revealed that he will be directing X-Men: Apocalypse, which will roll out on May 27, 2016.
However fans will have to wait until then to see Apocalypse – the immortal mutant who claims to be the first of its kind – as he will not appear in the forthcoming Days of Future Past.
The director also slammed speculation that Apocalypse would take the form of alien which possesses Magneto (Michael Fassbender).
‘That’s not the case’ he told Empire, ‘People were concerned we were making Apocalypse an alien. It’s odd. I don’t know where that came from.’
He divulged some details about the third instalment, revealing that it will closely follow the comic book origins.
‘What would people thousands of years ago, without the benefit of science, think mutants were? And more importantly, what would mutants thousands of years ago think they were? Gods? Titans? Angels? Demons?
‘If such mutants did exist thousands of years ago, what became of them? Did one survive?’
X-Men: Days of Future Past is out May 23, 2014.
http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/01/sorry-...-past-4287049/

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 02-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #341
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Sorry, but I think Super Bowl spots are things of past for maybe GEEKS/NERDS (Most of these types would probably not watch SB anyway, it pains them lol they rather just watch it online instead of on TV), but certainly for football jocks, and averages Super Bowl ads are STILL very very very important!
Obviously, those who work for the studios and who actually have to make the decisions on whether or not to buy the spots, feel differently, considering that statistics show that they pretty much guarantee nothing but a big chunk of the marketing budget being spent for few guaranteed returns as most people who would go to see the movie would already see it based on other stuff and one tv spot doesn't change their mind. Do a little research, there's plenty of articles on it out there, especially this year since fewer studios want to spend that kind of money on something so small anymore.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #342
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Super Bowl TV spots have lost such power not only are studios not shelling out the big bucks. But the few that do go ahead and release said spots online days in advance.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:39 PM   #343
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

Quote:
OK. It would have made eleventy-billion dollars on opening weekend if only they'd had a Super Bowl spot.
Marvel and Sony seem to know what they're doing in terms of marketing and they had Super Bowl spots.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:40 PM   #344
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Big fan of Bryan's. But he is not a good liar.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #345
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Marvel and Sony seem to know what they're doing in terms of marketing and they had Super Bowl spots.
And I'm sure Disney thought the same way last year when they ran a spot for The Lone Ranger. And Paramount did too, when they ran a spot Star Trek Into Darkness and it underperformed four months later.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:42 PM   #346
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
What's your point? John Carter and The Lone Ranger had superbowl spots too.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #347
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Super Bowl TV spots have lost such power not only are studios not shelling out the big bucks. But the few that do go ahead and release said spots online days in advance.
Yep. I have finally realized that, it's not as important anymore.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #348
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Bummed that their was no DOFP or Guardians footage but both Cap and Spidey had great trailers. Hopefully DOFP and Guardians follow suit soon and release trailers!

Old 02-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #349
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:

Promoting to geeks actually is never the point, to begin with.
Um, she just pointed out that, AFTER the trailers aired, the only ones talking about them are the "geeks/nerds", NOT the jocks/average joes, so how exactly did those trailers help anything? It didn't. If anything, it proves your point wrong, because most of the average audience still don't care, and probably won't care until the few weeks beforehand, which is the best time to promote it through tv commercials and other promotions so that it's fresh on their mind to think, "Oh, will I want to see that a couple weeks from now when I know I might or might not be free?"

Old 02-02-2014, 10:45 PM   #350
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
No need for the attitude really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
This was already revealed in the Empire article so not really after the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post
What's your point? John Carter and The Lone Ranger had superbowl spots too.
It could be argued those films were never destined for greatness and were never designed to attract a sizeable crowd.

Closed Thread