The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 11:53 PM   #951
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

New posters would be nice or another teaser poster with more mutants.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 02-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #952
Rike
Wat.

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
New posters would be nice or another teaser poster with more mutants.
Exactly.
The last teaser posters were released almost seven months ago.

Last edited by Rike; 02-10-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:03 AM   #953
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

February is a fast month, March is around the corner. Seriously we are at the edge of an onslaught of comic-movies and it's a good time to be a fan.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:16 AM   #954
Rike
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
February is a fast month, March is around the corner. Seriously we are at the edge of an onslaught of comic-movies and it's a good time to be a fan.
There's no denying of that.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:32 AM   #955
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Lol, you hardcore Xfans are so funny. If they released a trailer tonight some of you would be complaining for a poster the next morning haha.

I never see much discussions in here, just lots of complaining lol, that's another reason why it feels so slow and dreadful between information bits. The Cap forums generally have some good discussions/theories/speculation going on so that's a fun wait. Maybe there's just not as much to talk about over here since there isn't much information out. I personally want to see this feel like a FC sequel more than anything, I can take or leave the OT guys, I'm pretty much over them lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 02-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #956
xii22_loop
?:..:;...----==..*.,

FYI you know Bryan really likes the show GIRLS. I wonder if there is a connection between Evan in the role of toad and him being on GIRLS.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:52 AM   #957
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I'm interested in Stryker's role in this, knowing his past with Xavier.

Will they cross paths in this? Will Jason come into play? We know the school broke down, could it be that Charles has already tried to help Jason and "failed". I'm thinking maybe the incident with Stryker and his son is part of the reason why Xavier is in the place we find him.

It would be cool if Singer could inter-twine Jason's story with Jean's somehow, as they both were similar cases. What if Charles did what he did to Jean's mind because he saw the potential in her to become dangerous like Jason did.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #958
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I've finally figured out why I enjoy the FC films/cast as opposed to the OT.

I love how we're seeing the team learning and growing in FC and now DoFP. In the OT films I feel like in watching a group of mid 30s established vets fighting threats, I don't get any sense of needing to attach to the characters. Plus some of them are used pretty crappy, I mean does anyone like Cyclops in the OT? Lol.

I can't wait for them to reintroduce the characters of Jean, Scott, and Storm along with whomever else they decide to in the OT, so I can see the characters growing and learning, rather than what the OT gave me which interests me very little in those characters.

The FC core of Charles, Hank, Erik, and Raven are so well done in my eyes and look to improve even more in this film, introduce Scott, Jean, and Storm in their early 20s in the next film and I'm one thousand percent happy with how this franchise is going.

Looking back I wish they would have taken a sort of FC approach with X1, still have Stewart, but make the X team feel more like rookies and not Veterans, they've just never felt like they did any growing to me, and then everyone dies lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 02-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #959
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

I have no interest in seeing Jean, Scott and Ororo turned into kids.The charisma of the actors from the original trilogy is so big it is beyond the FC.Only McAvoy and Fassbender can be compared with OT.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:23 AM   #960
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I'd enjoy young Scott/Jean/Ororo but not for long. I really want this franchise to push forward again.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:24 AM   #961
kasjan
Side-Kick

If little Wanda and Jason are in this, then we can have the whole BOEM in 80's: Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Mastermind, Toad. Of course if Jason is free and his father won't freeze him.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #962
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

It's very likely we will see younger versions of these characters next film, it fits the journey that singer has described FC and DOFP in

As for the OT, While they play it ok some of the actors don't embody the roles in perhaps the same way some believe jackman does and as good as jackman is I don't think jackman is the only person that could play wolverine and play him well, but right now he is the loyal face of the franchise

Edit: actually Patrick Stewart may be the most embodied of them all

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-10-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #963
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I didn't see any charisma from Rogue, Iceman, Storm or Cyclops or Toad or Sabretooth. At best they were mediocre to okay. First Class has flaws as well because it has plenty of throwaway characters.

Also I like Mystique in the original films, she is a fun henchwoman, I dig her but it's not a super deep character or a brilliant performance or anything. It's good though I just think people are overrating the character in general. It's easy to overrate characters like that though because they are simple fun and cool. I look forward to this next film developing the character more.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #964
Morti
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xii22_loop View Post
FYI you know Bryan really likes the show GIRLS. I wonder if there is a connection between Evan in the role of toad and him being on GIRLS.
He cameo'ed in GIRLS S03E1. Also he's dating 'Shoshanna', who is by far the greatest character on that show.

Edit: He's dating the ACTRESS that plays in Shoshanna. Sorry

Old 02-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #965
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I didn't see any charisma from Rogue, Iceman, Storm or Cyclops or Toad or Sabretooth. At best they were mediocre to okay. First Class has flaws as well because it has plenty of throwaway characters.

Also I like Mystique in the original films, she is a fun henchwoman, I dig her but it's not a super deep character or a brilliant performance or anything. It's good though I just think people are overrating the character in general. It's easy to overrate characters like that though because they are simple fun and cool. I look forward to this next film developing the character more.
The problem I have with the X-Men films is that many of the characters are super bland in terms of personality. Wolverine and Magneto have no choice but to be the most popular cause they're the only ones who aren't bland and that's ridiculous. I like Mystique in the first three films but I'm not completely happy with her being Magnetos pet. In the comics she is way more independent even leading her own version of the brotherhood after Magneto disbands them.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #966
XMenDOFPBrazil
Newbie First Class

Anything new?

Until now I did not understand the teaser that was released the second trailer.

We need news.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #967
Krak66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMenDOFPBrazil View Post
Anything new?

Until now I did not understand the teaser that was released the second trailer.

We need news.
Teaser was for Empire reveal of covers

Old 02-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #968
Sun_Down
You Best Is Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Wait, people are still worrying about how/whether FOX will market this thing?

Seriously?
It's amazing. People feel entitled to daily updates about a movie that won't be released for 3.5 months.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #969
Malik
Side-Kick

Their perfecting the cg tbh, I'm nice and calmed.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #970
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
It's amazing. People feel entitled to daily updates about a movie that won't be released for 3.5 months.
What is this daily updates you speak of?

Old 02-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #971
Snikt
Side-Kick

Just saw on Twitter that the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer has a running time of 2 minutes 23 seconds. So it's coming soon.

My point about this, I'm thinking Fox is waiting for that trailer to drop before release trailer 2 for DOFP.

Nothing political or hateful about it...but I'm thinking they don't want the buzz from GOTG to hurt or overshadow DOFP. It just makes sense from a business perspective. And for all we know, another trailer for GOTG may be attached to Spider-Man 2 or DOFP; they're both Marvel related movies.

I remember seeing Iron Man 3 last year and saw trailer for both The Wolverine and Thor 2...I was so excited

Last edited by Snikt; 02-10-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #972
Rike
Wat.

Bryan Singer ‏@BryanSinger 20 min
With #JohnOttman working on #XMen #DOFP score and found this old pic of us with @chrismcquarrie and #KenKokin pic.twitter.com/jHIJEaMGAE

Old 02-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #973
DOFP
Side-Kick

Bryan twitted a few minutes ago, about editing the score . . . but still no trailer. On the picture you can see Logan, Hank, and Xavier in cerebro with the white lights (like in X2)

Edit:rikepirado beat me to it.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #974
JP
To me

Happy that the best cerebro effect is back.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #975
Rike
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Happy that the best cerebro effect is back.
Indeed.

Closed Thread