The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #976
Malik
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Omfg, finally something

Old 02-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #977
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Is that McAvoy and Jackman?

Edit: I guess all 3 of them are in there.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #978
Rike
Something strange here?

McAvoy, Jackman and Hoult.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #979
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Happy that the best cerebro effect is back.
Kinberg did say there would be allusions to the previous films.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #980
Morti
Side-Kick

Yay, something!

Also, I posted this morning about Evan Jonigkeit camoeing in the first episode of Girls this season. I'm currently watching the 6th episode, and he has showed up again in a bigger role this time. So if anyone wants to check out his acting chops/chiseled good looks, check out episode 6.

Edit: He also gets naked. You're welcome.

Last edited by Morti; 02-10-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #981
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

So it's safe to say they're done editing (for now) since Ottman is working on score!

Old 02-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #982
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morti View Post

Edit: He also gets naked. You're welcome.
tell us more! what kind of scene it is? and how naked he appears?

Old 02-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #983
Rockteur
X-Men Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
So it's safe to say they're done editing (for now) since Ottman is working on score!
It's safe to say they have picture lock.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #984
Morti
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
tell us more! what kind of scene it is? and how naked he appears?
It's a sex scene. I highly recommend it. Both hot and funny, if you're into subtle awkward humour.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #985
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
New posters would be nice or another teaser poster with more mutants.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #986
Angamb
Banned User

I watch Girls, its just that on my country we're still waiting for season 3

Old 02-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #987
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post
McAvoy, Jackman and Hoult.
Wow, I'm struggling to recognise anyone outside of Singer.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #988
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
I'd enjoy young Scott/Jean/Ororo but not for long. I really want this franchise to push forward again.
Same here.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 02-10-2014, 11:54 PM   #989
DOFP
Side-Kick

My fear will be that I will fall in love with the younger versions of Scott/Jean/Storm and be dissappointed that I will only see them in one movie (apocalypse) and not be able to see them in other movies.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:44 AM   #990
Big V
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFP View Post
My fear will be that I will fall in love with the younger versions of Scott/Jean/Storm and be dissappointed that I will only see them in one movie (apocalypse) and not be able to see them in other movies.
'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. - Alfred Lord Tennyson

Old 02-11-2014, 07:38 AM   #991
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i don't think they will be able to push forward again with the OT at least not in the style and look of X1,X2, and X3 like nothing happened

they have fiddled with the OT timeline to much, they could possibly do some dark future related stuff but overall i can't see that lasting beyond one more film

Old 02-11-2014, 07:53 AM   #992
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I think they would recast Mystique and just bring back McAvoy. Beast could easily be recasted. I could definitely see another trilogy with the new cast some time in the next decade or so. Otherwise just recast everybody, but I would think they'd want to bring back the young actors for Scott/Jean/Ororo should they grow into talented thespians down the road. I see X-Men Apocalypse serving as the passing of the baton to the next phase of X films.

Last edited by Mr.M; 02-11-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #993
Malik
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i don't think they will be able to push forward again with the OT at least not in the style and look of X1,X2, and X3 like nothing happened

they have fiddled with the OT timeline to much, they could possibly do some dark future related stuff but overall i can't see that lasting beyond one more film
All it takes is some creative writing, no thanks I don't want more than 1 more period x-men movie.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:18 AM   #994
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

DOFP and apocalypse will Definitely be a game changer in terms of direction its just a case of to what degree

Old 02-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #995
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

There's always going to be debate over what to do next because there's draws and drawbacks to both sets of actors. I wish Fox would just go all out and persue both.

The prequel cast have youth on their side and some great talent, but are stuck in a period setting which makes several characters off-limits.

The original cast are an impressive lot too but age is a factor for some. There's better access to all characters in a contemporary setting though.

I've seen a lot of people write off the OT cast - out with the old, in with the new - but after Apocalypse, everyone is out of contract. DOFP has shown that the veterens were eager to return to the franchise and at this point in their respective careers they may end up being easier to get back. Fox may deem their impressive prequel cast a far bigger ordeal to re-sign, with larger $$$ demands and tighter schedules.

I'd be sad to lose either.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #996
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post

I agree. There is no way they can significantly move forward. Just no way. Do people think Jackman is gonna keep on making these movies? Into his 50s? Because once he is done, pushing forward with OT cast is done. Then were left with two options: continue and push forward with young cast beyond Apocalypse or push forward via reboot.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #997
Morti
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
There's always going to be debate over what to do next because there's draws and drawbacks to both sets of actors. I wish Fox would just go all out and persue both.

The prequel cast have youth on their side and some great talent, but are stuck in a period setting which makes several characters off-limits.

The original cast are an impressive lot too but age is a factor for some. There's better access to all characters in a contemporary setting though.

I've seen a lot of people write off the OT cast - out with the old, in with the new - but after Apocalypse, everyone is out of contract. DOFP has shown that the veterens were eager to return to the franchise and at this point in their respective careers they may end up being easier to get back. Fox may deem their impressive prequel cast a far bigger ordeal to re-sign, with larger $$$ demands and tighter schedules.

I'd be sad to lose either.
^This.

Both casts have their perks. I think the younger cast have overall better acting chops, but the OT have the classic characters that I want to see developed (Rogue, Storm, Colossus, Kitty, etc).

EDIT: I can see there being an issue though with DOFP being super successful...that might make it more difficult for certain actors to return (Berry, Paquin) who may want a substantial pay raise. But that's just a what-if situation..

Personally, I really hope they do go the route where Apocalypse goes through time to capture psychics, and it involves the X-Men from both timelines. Perhaps at the end, they can pick and choose characters to keep in one timeline so that we have young Xavier/Magneto with Rogue, Storm, Wolverine, etc.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #998
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I think you can mix in the OT characters with an X-Force franchise, but they wouldn't be the featured players anymore. Cable would be the main guy, but you could still have flashbacks or cameos featuring OT members. Collosus can stay on, or small characters like that. I don't think the OT cast should be the focus any longer.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #999
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

We've already been told repeatedly that X-Force will focus on characters that never made it to the mansion or X-Men team, so I highly doubt any OT characters will be apart of it.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #1000
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
We've already been told repeatedly that X-Force will focus on characters that never made it to the mansion or X-Men team, so I highly doubt any OT characters will be apart of it.
Considering it's not even the next planned X-film, that is always subject to change. If they ditch all OT actors in Apocalypse then I agree the OT is probably extinct, but I can definitely see them returning as fan service if nothing else. I personally would like the see the OT back, but not at the expense of sabotaging the future of the franchise.

Closed Thread