The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 03:07 AM   #51
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
But I get what you're saying. Although things can work as written, it delves into some complex ideas concerning just how much genetic control Kryptonians are under and just how much forethought they are capable of within their defined roles.
Beyond being told they're restricted, I can't think of instances where it was expanded in a meaningful way. This perfectly illustrates how David is a concept man and a weak executioner. Because it is a very interesting background and revision, but there was little material there. Much of this discussion is based on inference rather than examination of the film itself.

Quote:
It would have been a lot easier, simpler and more widely accepted if they just used the usual urgency reason. It could have also made for some good drama and planetary collapse scenes.
More importantly it's just undisputed. Though it's mighty convenient from a writer's perspective, there is high value in its unwavering defense against weak logic.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:07 AM   #52
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I think in some interpretations, the reasons for why Jor-el and Lara chose to stay on Krypton in advance would go from them wanting to try save the Planet until the very end (but with their son being on Earth just in case if they fail) or them having to work in secrecy due to space travel being banned from the planet, and thus the means towards creating a spaceship big enough for three would be more harder to do than building a spaceship for one.

From what I had gathered in "MOS", Jor-el had basically given up on Krypton. I mean look at his comment to the council: "Everyone here is already dead".

I took that as his way of saying that even without the pending doom of Krypton, everyone as a individuals and as a person from within were dead since they were tied down to their broken belief system, so Jor-el didn't really intend towards wanting to save the people on the planet at the time.

So when you take into consideration on how radical Jor-el's beliefs were, it's not hard to imagine on why he would deem it unnecessary for him and Lara to travel to Earth with their son.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:09 AM   #53
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post

I can more easily understand a brilliant scientist failing to save himself and wife due to grave urgency, than I can in him taking the time to plan it out and come to the conclusion willfully dying is an acceptable solution. Am I crazy?
No, not really. Goyer can make things needlessly complicated sometimes. For the sake of differentiating himself from what was written before perhaps?

Old 02-05-2014, 03:10 AM   #54
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, let's look at the bright side of things. At least Snyder has confirmed that Henry's Superman isn't the New 52 version come to life and that his superman won't become the government tool like the version from "TDKR" did.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:13 AM   #55
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, let's look at the bright side of things. At least Snyder has confirmed that Henry's Superman isn't the New 52 version come to life and that his superman won't become the government tool like the version from "TDKR" did.
When did he confirm either of those things?

Old 02-05-2014, 03:15 AM   #56
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
When did he confirm either of those things?
I believe he said that his superman wasn't the new 52 version during a interview around the time MOS was about to be released....at the premiere for the film (can't seem to find it though)..and he said that his superman isn't the version from Frank Miller's TDKR on the live podcast with Kevin Smith.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:16 AM   #57
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Superman did say to General Swanwick: "You're scared of me because you can't control me. You don't. And you never will. But that doesn't mean I'm your enemy."

Old 02-05-2014, 03:18 AM   #58
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Superman did say to General Swanwick: "You're scared of me because you can't control me. You don't. And you never will. But that doesn't mean I'm your enemy."
That, and "Look, I'm here to help. But it has to be on MY OWN terms".

Old 02-05-2014, 03:30 AM   #59
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Time and resources. It's both universal and timeless in its relevance, so I'm not sure why anyone would try and "improve" on it. I think MOS just encapsulated the whole "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" mantra.

I can more easily understand a brilliant scientist failing to save himself and wife due to grave urgency, than I can in him taking the time to plan it out and come to the conclusion willfully dying is an acceptable solution. Am I crazy?
Uh... Ease down on the throttle there, no one is calling you crazy.

I thnk though that lack of time and resouces is not as universal as you would like. Go back and look up many (too many for me) siver and bronze age stories (long before an "revisonism") where they have to come up with some kind of convoluted explanation for why Jor-el could not or sometimes even would not build a larger ship to carry more than just Kal-el. Some were some were very good, but many were not. As stated this was long before Crisis and any kind of reboot or reimagining was even an idea. Just to clarify, within the "classic" continuity there were muliple explanations beyond urgency to explain how and why Kal-el alone gets sent to Earth. A somewhat convoluted reasoning is always there.

For the silver age I always wondered why Jor-el didn't just use the phantom zone projector to save more people myself, but at some point as a fan of this stuff you kinda have to understand that none of this stuff is based on some kind of flawless air tight logic.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:35 AM   #60
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
But at some point as a fan of this stuff you kinda have to understand that none of this stuff is based on some kind of flawless air tight logic.
Agreed; heck, I also find it weird as well on why Bruce and his parents, being rich folks, would need to travel within a dark and mysterious alley when they could/should have been picked up by Alfred outside of the building that they came out of.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:29 AM   #61
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

The more I look at pics of Henry in the MOS suit the I am hoping Mr. Snyder changes his mind, and there are no changes to the suit.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #62
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed; heck, I also find it weird as well on why Bruce and his parents, being rich folks, would need to travel within a dark and mysterious alley when they could/should have been picked up by Alfred outside of the building that they came out of.
I actually thought that Nolan did that whole scenario more plausibly by it being more "they just stepped outside for a minute because Bruce got scared."

Old 02-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #63
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Finally, Superman has joined the Infinite Crisis video game and he looks EXACTLY like Henry Cavill. At least in the promo shot. Hmm.. and we do like the loose curl on the animated version. #curlgate

Guess who is in a DC videogame?

Old 02-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #64
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

I wish the Injustice Man of Steel costume had Cavill's model.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #65
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Cavill has such a good look for this character. I love how other things are starting to use his image.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #66
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
I wish the Injustice Man of Steel costume had Cavill's model.
Could always get the MOS skin.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #67
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Could always get the MOS skin.
That's what I was referring to.

Dats dat.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #68
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
That's what I was referring to.
Sorry, must've glanced over that important part

I think MOS skin is a pretty good render.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #69
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Sorry, must've glanced over that important part

I think MOS skin is a pretty good render.

Yeah, the MOS skin is the one I use the most. Same with the Michael Shannon General Zod skin.

Dats dat.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #70
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Finally, Superman has joined the Infinite Crisis video game and he looks EXACTLY like Henry Cavill. At least in the promo shot. Hmm.. and we do like the loose curl on the animated version. #curlgate

No doubt about it, that looks like Henry.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #71
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:

Looks a lot like him, but I still prefer no curl. I just like the totally clean cut look.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:12 AM   #72
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:

That's cool.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:16 AM   #73
Glassjaw
In training

Great that they're using his likeness. That 'S' on the other hand

Old 02-06-2014, 05:28 AM   #74
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
The more I look at pics of Henry in the MOS suit the I am hoping Mr. Snyder changes his mind, and there are no changes to the suit.
The costume designer just said tweaks, that's the opposite of major changes. I love the costume as well but I don't mind if they tweak it a little, maybe it will look even better? We will see.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #75
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

As long as they don't do something stupid like add the undies or that damned collar, I'm cool with a few tweaks.