The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #26
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 14

Guess I'll just keep stuffing this threads with pictures of Ben Affleck stuffed into Batman's cowl...

I do like how that cowl/cape connection is done.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #27
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAngel View Post
Guess I'll just keep stuffing this threads with pictures of Ben Affleck stuffed into Batman's cowl...

Nice.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #28
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Would white ''see-through'' contact lenses look stupid onscreen?

I'm not sure myself. It would certainly add to his creature of the night effect, but I wouldn't want Batman to look like a completely emotionless blank slate.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 02-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #29
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post

I'm not sure myself. It would certainly add to his creature of the night effect, but I wouldn't want Batman to look like a completely emotionless blank slate.
V for Vendetta and Dredd were fine examples of character portrayals being interesting and engaging without the audience being able to see their eyes.

If the actor is able to use their voice properly they can get past not being able to use their eyes.

HERESY!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #30
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post

Pfirst off, I'm a huge pfan too... In the third grade, a bunch of kids bullied me for stealing a catwoman paper plate at a birthday party just because I thought she was so damn hot. Looks like I just had good taste early on in life

I think the translucent contact look would be really damn weird. For me, the white eyes are about dehumanizing him. When we need him to be human, like if he's talking to a real young kid, or talking somebody off a ledge, the lenses can certainly retract. I also think, as others have suggested, that a more flexible cowl would allow him the eyebrow movement and change in eye shape necessary to "emote" with the lenses on.

Here's another Fleck because... I... can't.... stop......

Old 02-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #31
Vigilant
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Here's some funny ones to go with my decently sweet ones above...

The one on the left has a lot in common with this manip I made based on Vigilant's model, which looked even more similar until I did some mods - like smoothing out the ridges on the cowl.
Indeed I took this fantastic statue from Sideshow as my main inspiration for my cg model. I did not intend to leave a false impression. I admire the look from this statue and it is a sign of my appreciation.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #32
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Pfirst off, I'm a huge pfan too... In the third grade, a bunch of kids bullied me for stealing a catwoman paper plate at a birthday party just because I thought she was so damn hot. Looks like I just had good taste early on in life

I think the translucent contact look would be really damn weird. For me, the white eyes are about dehumanizing him. When we need him to be human, like if he's talking to a real young kid, or talking somebody off a ledge, the lenses can certainly retract. I also think, as others have suggested, that a more flexible cowl would allow him the eyebrow movement and change in eye shape necessary to "emote" with the lenses on.

Yeah. I think the eyes say a lot of Batman's vulnerability, and I think having a perpetual lense/glow would take away from that.

But I do want to see the lenses in key scenes.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #33
zman
Side-Kick

how about he wears eye contacts that glow in the dark? it hides his identity (cause in daylight he has whites eyes) and a spooky stare when in the shadows. Could anyone do a manip of that?

Old 02-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #34
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:

You definitely have good taste.

I would love something like this. Perhaps you're right... it's time for the best of both worlds. Retractable lenses.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 02-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #35
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

Pretty awesome!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 02-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #36
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Just because... yeah... I'm sick... and I need help... I can't stop... haha

I think this is about as cool as the Dark Knight Returns/Goddamn Batman look can get for a live action Batfleck. I actually would dig the hell out of this.

Also, these last several rounds of Flecked images are all fairly hi-res, just open them in another window if you want to see them big!

Old 02-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #37
joeviterbo
Side-Kick

I don't really see how you can emote with goggles for batman eyes. I still say the contact lenses would work best. It doesn't have to be white/glowy all the time- just for scenes where he wants to intimidate/scare someone. CGI the glow transition.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #38
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeviterbo View Post
I don't really see how you can emote with goggles for batman eyes. I still say the contact lenses would work best. It doesn't have to be white/glowy all the time- just for scenes where he wants to intimidate/scare someone. CGI the glow transition.
That works as well.

I just don't want to see him friendly/scared with the white eyes on. It would look kind of funny

Old 02-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #39
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
That works as well.

I just don't want to see him friendly/scared with the white eyes on. It would look kind of funny

Did you ever check that out? Not my best work, but I feel like this is the most explicitly I've ever seen the eyes addressed in the books. It's been shot out - it prevented a bullet to the eye, but it's short circuiting in some way (I don't know what the green sludge is all about) - to me it looks like they are fairly big plates- I think I have it pretty well figured out.

The front part of the mask is definitely a flexible substance that moves with his facial muscles- whether that is done mechanically via something that senses his muscle movement (ie. in the case of something flexible that is over some very well protected bulletproof material), or because the flexible substance is directly up against his face...

Like a real eye, you don't see the entire eyeball, but unlike an eyeball, it's a fairly flat form, and as the mask moves, more or less of the glowing eye plate is revealed. That way its apparent shape and size change with the facial muscles, ie. emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeviterbo View Post
No one is suggesting anything remotely resembling goggles.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #40
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I am open to retractable lenses as long as they look right. Something like TDK's sonar eyes full time would be too jarring.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #41
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Anyway, cataracts would look more like what GL had, and thats not what some of us are suggesting. And not bulbus like the DD lenses either. More like the many manip examples that BattleAngel has been posting.

Last edited by C. Lee; 02-10-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #42
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Exactly. For the record, I'm okay with John Stewart actually having his eyes. Shocking, I know

Old 02-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #43
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Just as long as the eyes are white and glow for some period of time, I'm happy

Old 02-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #44
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Guys, don't pay too much attention to Trollvesty. It's not just that he doesn't like the eyes - he just likes tripping up the thread. It'd be nice for this thread to continue without letting him drag it down like what happened towards the end of Part 13.

Anyway... Here are some more manips, predictably with lenses =P

Old 02-10-2014, 10:24 PM   #45
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Guys, don't pay too much attention to Trollvesty. It's not just that he doesn't like the eyes - he just likes tripping up the thread. It'd be nice for this thread to continue without letting him drag it down like what happened towards the end of Part 13.

I hear ya, BA. Troll is as troll does, I suppose.

Anyway, I think that last manip looks great! So you are going with the white contacts look? Can you try that image with slightly larger lenses, more like some of your other ones? Id like to see that.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #46
theShape
Creature of Darkness

It'd be nice if we could get a troll that's actually funny once in awhile.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #47
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Travesty.....move on....now.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #48
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
I hear ya, BA. Troll is as troll does, I suppose.

Anyway, I think that last manip looks great! So you are going with the white contacts look? Can you try that image with slightly larger lenses, more like some of your other ones? Id like to see that.
The shape of this cowl + ear length is great. Particularly the area surrounding the cheeks and jaw.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #49
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
See...it's weird when they're too small, but then they can also be too big...like Spiderman's eyes or something. This one is an adaptation of Affleck's Daredevil mask where it was molded into the actual cowl....
...but it makes him look....dead, or something....
I see what you mean...I guess seeing it in more of a real world application puts it more into perspective. It may be tough for them to get it perfect in live action. Maybe they have somethong up their sleeve though...here's hoping.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #50
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

Quote:

I love all these sleek cowls. Really hope that's what we get.

Closed Thread