The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #651
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_200 View Post
For those who have not seen this, here are some extra pictures of that concept suit. The head is really unique.

Yeah, I posted this a few "parts" back. I forget which one. I really dig this version of the suit - it makes plenty of sense in terms of Batman's mission- it is tuned for accuracy, dexterity, ultra-protection, stealth, and even other-worldlyness (and hey, it looks way more like a bat than Batman). I'm one of the guys on here who loves the total re-designs of the suit, even though most of my manips are solidly traditional. I prefer the traditional designs because, while the suit you posted makes plenty of tactical sense given modern technology and the purpose of the suit, a defining characteristic of Batman is that he's palpably human. Part of his heroism (rather daftly touched upon in Rises, imho) is that he represents the best of what a human being can do. While ultra-technology certainly falls into the category of how human beings can excel, I think that so much about Batman is about who is wearing the suit - not what the suit can do. Unlike Iron Man, where near-totally untrained people (ie. Pepper Potts) can strap on the tech and do amazing things, Batman is about the training. And that's why we shouldn't see a suit like the one you posted until Beyond (and I'd love to see Beyond on screen eventually).

Anyway, I just can't believe how round-and-round this thread goes. The majority of the people posting here seem to have the memory of a goldfish. Vigilant's model is amazing, most certainly the perfect rendering of a traditional Batsuit that we've had, but it's not exactly a new concept in the thread. If people interested are only reading the most recent parts of the thread, I highly recommend you at least just flip through the images on the other parts of this thread; at least go as far back as when Affleck was cat. There is amazing stuff to be seen... and almost all of the angles have been discussed and posted about.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #652
TheFirstAvenger
Marvel/Dc fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutante View Post
The thing is: The expectations and desires of most of the "audiences" donīt really match the expectation and desires of the members of this forum and comic book fans in general.

I mean, how big is the percentage of people that really want to see a grey suit? Black is popular and people tend to like it a lot more than grey. How big is the percentage of people that prefer a piece of grey fabric as opposed to a cool black armour? I honestly donīt think it is that high.

Iīm ok with something that doesnīt look like heavy armour. You can make something similar to the Captain America suit, though i donīt think that would look cool in grey. Maybe a very dark grey, but not the grey we see in comics most of the time.

Black just makes everything look better.
All my friends and family want a Grey suit and they don't even like batman.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:24 PM   #653
Mutante
Banned User

Quote:
All my friends and family want a Grey suit and they don't even like batman.
Ok. Make a poll on a different forum.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #654
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Out of all the suit concepts that have been posted on here, I feel like there's only been 10 maybe 15% that would look good on film. Cowl-wise, even less percentage.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #655
Rorschach2012
$

black and grey> full black.

comics fans want the black and grey suit, casual fans probably want a black suit.

the black and grey looks a lot better tho. we've gotten too many full black suits.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #656
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
black and grey> full black.

comics fans want the black and grey suit, casual fans probably want a black suit.

the black and grey looks a lot better tho. we've gotten too many full black suits.
Well, it would be pretty easy to see by just taking any of the Michael Keaton thru Bale Batman suits and painting it gray and black and seeing what that would look like.

This here gives an idea:

Yet, with all that photo-shop and new material, etc. this one, (at least in my opinion) seems to look more adequate, better, more dangerous and intimidating.

Last edited by Superman_200; 02-28-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #657
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Just for the Fleck of it, I Fleck'd Vigilant's newest pics and added a background. I think I've done just about every pic he's posted now...

and with his original eye thingy...

Old 02-28-2014, 02:10 PM   #658
Chip Chipperson
Dr. Pavel I'm CIA

that would be the dream suit

BELIEVE IN THE FLECK.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:10 PM   #659
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Personally, I think that Vigilant's rendering is sublime in its execution, and fantastic for a CG Batman, but for a live action Batman with Affleck playing him, it's not my ideal. I've posted these before, but due to the goldfish-esque nature of this thread's memory, here are a few recent highlights...

To me, these, or any of the vigilant-derived manips (even though I'm sort of over the animalistic cowl and vastly prefer either the new Bermejo one or the sleeker ones posted above) are in a whole other league from what we've seen on film. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Batman Returns suit with its art-deco coolness, a lot of that stuff was right for the time, but the whole black vs. black/gray thing has been done to death on these forums, and we've *never* had a chance to see it in motion done to a high quality level, so there's no way to judge. The closest way to judge, imho, is based on Vigilant's 3d movies, and if you don't think his vision of batman in motion is cooler than anything we've seen on film yet, I want some of what you're smoking...

Old 02-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #660
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Well, it would be pretty easy to see by just taking any of the Michael Keaton thru Bale Batman suits and painting it gray and black and seeing what that would look like.

This here gives an idea:

Yet, with all that photo-shop and new material, etc. this one, (at least in my opinion) seems to look more adequate, better, more dangerous and intimidating.

Wow those are so beautiful. Especially that BB suit. OMG that's BEAUTIFUL.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #661
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Wow those are so beautiful. Especially that BB suit. OMG that's BEAUTIFUL.
Yeah, the BB suit would've been freakin gorgeous in grey and black, a shame really.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #662
Mutante
Banned User

The BB suit looks a lot more rubbery in grey, like almost everything else. Black does a decent job at hiding the true nature of the materials. The AA suit looks like cheap rubber. Not cool at all.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #663
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Quote:
The BB suit looks a lot more rubbery in grey, like almost everything else. Black does a decent job at hiding the true nature of the materials. The AA suit looks like cheap rubber. Not cool at all.
It's a good thing almost no one here is arguing for rubber to be the building material. And who posted the AA suit anytime recently?

Old 02-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #664
Mutante
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAngel View Post
It's a good thing almost no one here is arguing for rubber to be the building material. And who posted the AA suit anytime recently?
Superman_200 did, in this page.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #665
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Yet some others mean stuff more in this ballpark when they say they want black and grey:

Old 02-28-2014, 02:54 PM   #666
Superman_200
Superman

It was posted there, however, the point of my post is that all those don't look nearly as good as the black suit. There is a reason they keep using black. It is because the gray does not look as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
Yet some others mean stuff more in this ballpark when they say they want black and grey:

This is close but it still does not look as good as it did in black I think.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #667
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:

It was posted there, however, the point of my post is that all those don't look nearly as good as the black suit. There is a reason they keep using black. It is because the gray does not look as good.
When you use rubber for the material, it does indeed not usually look as good. but seriously I hope to hell they're done with rubber.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #668
Spamtron
THE MAN

Just as "Krypton had its chance!" so did the previous Batsuits... time for a new take.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #669
Mutante
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
But thatīs a painting. Show me the real stuff. In the comics a lot of things look cool. Supermanīs costume always looks cool in comics, but not so much in movies.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #670
The_Harvest
Banned User

Quote:
But thatīs a painting. Show me the real stuff. In the comics a lot of things look cool. Supermanīs costume always looks cool in comics, but not so much in movies.
How do you want him to show you "the real stuff" when it's never been adapted in a Batman movie (as of today)? Superman's costume looked great in the Reeve movies.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:39 PM   #671
BatScot
Mon the Hoops!

Quote:
The thing is: The expectations and desires of most of the "audiences" donīt really match the expectation and desires of the members of this forum and comic book fans in general.

I mean, how big is the percentage of people that really want to see a grey suit? Black is popular and people tend to like it a lot more than grey. How big is the percentage of people that prefer a piece of grey fabric as opposed to a cool black armour? I honestly donīt think it is that high.

Iīm ok with something that doesnīt look like heavy armour. You can make something similar to the Captain America suit, though i donīt think that would look cool in grey. Maybe a very dark grey, but not the grey we see in comics most of the time.

Black just makes everything look better.
The fallacy here is that you assume the "general audience" has a general expectation of black suit when the reality is the "general audience" isn't invested in this debate one way or the other. On the other hand, one need only refer other 'superhero' films for proof of how well the more "comic book" look is generally well received when that look is presented... it's not like the "general audience" ever walked out of the theater en masse because Spiderman looked too much like Spiderman is generally expected to look.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #672
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
The closest comparison would be a hybrid between the CA suit and Military gear, forgive me if I have to use my imagination on this one.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #673
regwec
Shakespearo

Hasn't this been released yet? WB, you try my patience.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:32 PM   #674
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Better than this and similar stuff:
You're mistaking spandex for fabric.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #675
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Got it - didn't realize that is what that was. I agree that it's hideous. I also agree with you that black is a better color to paint a turd than black and grey, but I maintain that the design I think a lot of us traditionalists are imagining is far, FAR cooler than any of the rubber stuff we've seen. Also, yes that one picture I posted is a painting (albeit a quite realistic one, about as realistic as any 3D rendering would be) but I also posted many images based on photographed scale models shot with real lighting, etc. and imho, they look awesome (not due to my Flecking, just due to the nature of their/fleck's form).

Closed Thread