The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 10:53 AM   #276
Morti
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
thanks for the spoiler tag!!!

really appreciated
It literally would not have changed a thing.. very vague, almost no character names given.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #277
Figs
Banned User

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

Well, I'm not going to believe that since fans can be notorious for making BS up. Having fun with it though,
Quote:
with Wolverine going back to his old self, this creates an immediate new past. Apparently, this new past will have it's own trajectory, different than the ones seen int he New/Modern future.
Isn't that already expected. Wolverine goes in the past and because of his altering of that timeline to fix things it creates a new timeline that doesn't go the way of the original trilogy cast.

Either way I can't wait to see this movie, so excited!

Old 02-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #278
Figs
Banned User

He also says the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer will be released February 18th. If this turns out to be true, I might have a little faith in what he posted. Then again, it could always be a lucky guess.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #279
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
someone on IMDB posted this, i'm gonna stick it in spoiler tags because people will complain otherwise but Take with a grain of salt, and i mean it don't go posting this around like its news because it very well could be false and even the poster says it might be

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I heard this from a friend of mine who is in the film, so please take this as second hand information. When you repeat it, it becomes third-hand, right?

FTR, I'm not going to repeat things that are already known, have been commented on by actors, directors and others. That would be redundant. This friend knows I post in specific places, and will likely get pissy with me if this rumor actually evolves into anything reliable. Nonetheless, here's what they told me. I was told that the film has been written, rewritten, and rewritten, editing, chopped, been rewritten and rewritten. Make sense? Apparently, most of the rewrites are dialogue driven, so they really have no impact on the greater story. However, apparently, one of the main elements to the story, has been changed as recently as in the last six weeks, which required them to reshoot some additional scenes in Canada. Frankly, this bothers me, because it tells me they couldn't stay committed to a concept. The actor that told me this said that only the actors that are reshooting, know what's being changed. They also signed contracts that prohibit certain aspects of the story to be kept hush hush and that some actors were given different screenplays, just to ferret out the big mouths in the acting pool. Since I have known this actor since they were young, I was able to glean a couple nuggets from the film. However, I was reminded that the reshoots could change this information. And no, this isn't me trying to weasel out of the information in case it proves to be false. Lastly, I wouldn't put it past this person to give me something fake, although my friend has never done this to me before. Then again, this is the first time I've posted their scoop, so who knows.

Anyway, as the story as it's laid out with respect to this thespian, the following takes places:

1. Modern Future. There are three distinct streams/series of events that take place. The modern timeline which starts with the post Wolverine credits scenes, until Wolverine is able to trigger a change in the time continuum. Very little in the modern time continuum is said about "X-Men". They are mostly spoken about as fellow 'mutants.' In this timeline, almost all of the remaining mutants are will be killed off, quite ceremoniously in a blaze of glory. Most of the fan favorites are going to experience their demise. Also, the other mutants who die, not onscreen, will be spoken about, especially those that experience particularly brutal deaths. They find a way to honor the comic book elements of this specific happening. I'm guessing the DOFP X-Board with the names & pictures of the dead mutants will make a showing here, but that's just a guess, albeit a pretty good one based on all of the facts/rumors/leaks to date. It will likely be an homage to Uncanny X-Men Comic #141. That comic is so epic, it was redone by Iron Man, Captain America, and even DC & GI JOE. I hope they talk about Angel, Beast, Nightcrawler & Mystique.

2. New Future. This is the new future that was created due to the events of the DOFP. Many surprise cameos will take place, that few saw coming (I have no info on this and apparently, this was behind some of the reshoots). Moreover, it will involve Professor X, Wolverine & Magneto again and it will mostly be Professor X talking about his ability to sense the series of events that occurred in DOFP. This could also be part of the reshoot. In both the Modern & New futures, apparently Singer made it his mission to attempt to settle continuity issues & characters who were unceremoniously killed off. He also told some of the cast that he wanted to find ways to repair aspects of the story-lines that were rejected by fans.

3. New Past. With every second of the filming, with Wolverine going back to his old self, this creates an immediate new past. Apparently, this new past will have it's own trajectory, different than the ones seen int he New/Modern future. Quite frankly, this confuses me greatly. I just don't see how they can avoid a 'Back to the Future' conundrum with the disappearing siblings on the photographs. How can there be 3 timelines? This makes no sense, since the New future would clearly be a continuation of the New Past. Regardless, the way it was explained, the New Past will be different post DOFP, because of Apocalypse. Their adventures will begin with him, somehow being awoken by his future self, in the past, because of DOFP. Confused yet? I am.

4. No, this is not the last time we are going to see anyone from the old cast. However brief, there will be appearances that extend into Apocalypse. How & what, they didn't know, but the door was very much left open.

So, there you go. Maybe this is all wrong, maybe it's right, but we'll see, won't we? No, I won't be taking questions nor answering who my friend is, not that anyone would be asking. Please excuse any grammar errors or misspellings not picked up by my computer. It was a long write-up, and I didn't bother to edit or correct anything, so for that I apologize. Thanks
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #280
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The official timeline of films given to empire list 1975 as when Wolverine and Sabretooth were recruited Into team X In 1975.It's very possable wolverine could be somewhere else In 1973 and later be involved In Covert operations In vietnam prior to Sagon failing In 1975.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #281
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Folks, script pages that get posted on Twitter are illegal. Don't post them here, and don't tell anyone to go find them here.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #282
Morti
Side-Kick

Woops, sorry!

Old 02-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #283
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Discussion about a leaked script page is over, everyone.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #284
Malik
Side-Kick

Ah darn, I always miss the good convos

Old 02-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #285
Angamb
Banned User

there is a spoilers thread, if you want to keep the fun, hehe

Old 02-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #286
def28
Side-Kick

I don't think we are aloud to discuss it regardless spoiler police. It's leaked material.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #287
Angamb
Banned User

oh, sorry for some of you, then.

I honestly respect and agree with that.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #288
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Let's start guessing what's on the next trailer. I'll start.

- Wolverine wakes up in a middle of a bra-burning feminist parade
- Gets shouted at by said feminists
- Says "I've stabbed hysterical women before", kills a few of them but gets mob rushed
- Runs to safety, "Chariots of fire" starts playing
- Finds himself in a pub
- Charles is there, drunk
- Wolverine confronts him
- Charles remembers Wolverine from FC and repeats his FC line
- Magneto is flinging coins to the jukebox at the corner
- A Rolling Stones song starts playing
- Wolverine sighs

CUT TO THE FUTURE

- Kitty, Charles and Magneto try to work out how to put a catheter+diapers to Wolverine because this time-travelling might take a while
- Colossus rips off the head of an attacking sentinel, throws it to them
- Says "you can use that as a training pot"
- Everyone laughs
- Cyclops too

That's mine. Your turn, people.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #289
xrs13
Cold as ice

Looks like we may be getting head shots. https://twitter.com/xmenmovies/statu...778882/photo/1

Old 02-13-2014, 03:13 PM   #290
JP
Smelly

Awesome!

Old 02-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #291
Figs
Banned User

Nice!

Old 02-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #292
Morti
Side-Kick

I see a burning building in the background.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #293
JP
Smelly

Is this an indication of how the color on his suit will appear in the final film? Cause this is the best it's looked...

Old 02-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #294
DOFP
Side-Kick

Hope we get pictures like this for all the characters . . . . Each one for every day . . . Starting now . . . Till the 2nd trailer comes out . . .

Old 02-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #295
Angamb
Banned User

official individual shots have started, yes!!!!!

Great pic of Mags! love the tone of the costume on here, feels so iconic, and great new background

Old 02-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #296
pavlov
Side-Kick

Will the other past xmen have costumes as well?

Old 02-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #297
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlov View Post
probably not, least not till the next film

Old 02-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #298
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlov View Post
thats the same thing I thought, I think this may be the ultimate reveal of the 70's costumes!!

It would be the perfect way to build the hype for the second trailer.

Fingers crossed thats the case

Old 02-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #299
Morti
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
thats the same thing I thought, I think this may be the ultimate reveal of the 70's costumes!!

It would be the perfect way to build the hype for the second trailer.

Fingers crossed thats the case
I don't think this is a spoiler...but is there really even a team in the 70s? There's Wolverine and Beast so far...maybe Havok....so would they really have costumes?

Old 02-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #300
xrs13
Cold as ice

Im not trying to antagonize but I don't get why people think there will now be 70's costumes shown for the other characters upon seeing this, when we already knew mags had his.