The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #126
Rike
Something strange here?

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

$225 million? Holy ****!

Old 02-12-2014, 11:13 AM   #127
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

225m? nice!

although not a huge difference with X3, so..... its all relative

Old 02-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #128
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

A lot of movies cost over 200mil now, not really that surprising.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #129
JEM
Side-Kick

Wolverine, Magneto and Mystique !

Old 02-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #130
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
A lot of movies cost over 200mil now, not really that surprising.
It's not, but it's still over $100M more than Singer had on X2.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #131
Angamb
Banned User

so much shade on the article! like... seriously?

and.... a global predicction of 455m? what are they smoking??

Old 02-12-2014, 11:21 AM   #132
Rike
Something strange here?

$455 million? That's sad.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #133
Angamb
Banned User

I guess they are forgetting the movie deals with epic sentinels action and 3D ticket prizes.

what a stupid prediction. I cant even take it seriously. He seems a bit like a hater

Old 02-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #134
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
It's not, but it's still over $100M more than Singer had on X2.
Well that was 10 years ago but I get what you are saying.

455mil is not happening. It's at least hitting 550mil because it's overseas numbers will be large enough.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #135
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
was gonna post it. It seems like a new photoshoot, or maybe the same as last week
I think that's from the set in Montreal, looks like he's "preparing".

Old 02-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #136
JP
Smelly

Really can't put stock in any predictions. Rememeber how every site was before the Avengers opened? "Will Marvel's plan pay off?!?!?". Well, duh... Of course it was going to. And most sites acted so shocked when Avengers smashed.

And these are the same people who are now questioning any potential Justice League film. As if a film with a roster of iconic DC heroes has any shot of bombing.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #137
Rike
Something strange here?

$200 mil US/$600 mil worldwide is a solid number IMO.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #138
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
I guess they are forgetting the movie deals with epic sentinels action and 3D ticket prizes.

what a stupid prediction. I cant even take it seriously. He seems a bit like a hater
I wouldn't say hater. I'd say people are leery of predicting the massive numbers the fanboys are expecting because the X-Films have never brought in Spider-Man or Batman level box office and Singer has had a shaky 8 years or so.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #139
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Really can't put stock in any predictions. Rememeber how every site was before the Avengers opened? "Will Marvel's plan pay off?!?!?". Well, duh... Of course it was going to. And most sites acted so shocked when Avengers smashed.

And these are the same people who are now questioning any potential Justice League film. As if a film with a roster of iconic DC heroes has any shot of bombing.
Yea - $445 million seems like an incredibly low worldwide gross prediction. The Wolverine has made around $415 million by itself.

I'm thinking it'll be somewhere in the $500-$650 range.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #140
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMenDOFPBrazil View Post
We need a new trailer!

We need news!

Captain America 2 and Spiderman 2 are rocking the marketing!
They. Come. Out. Earlier.

We have a trailer and tons of pics. We're 3.5 months out. Relax. Remember how much FOX marketed X3? This will be the same.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #141
Angamb
Banned User

Its a similar case to pre Avengers release, some fans werent sure about the movie's impact saying it would be similar to Ironman numbers or so.

And now a magazine site like Totalfilm says it will do similar to The Wolverine? or X3 from 8 years ago? and without 3D?

like seriously?

this movie foreign numbers will be pretty big, Im not telling 600m, but around 400 is pretty possible. And on USA, Im sure it will get closer to 300m and probably more.

this is a huge movie, not just a spin-off, or a Wolverine movie, this movie combines TWO casts, and pretty famous actors. So all of them together for the very first time will be a key factor to get more attention on general audience.

Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Jackman, Halle, Ellen, Peter Dinklage, Ian, Patrick.... of all them together are a FORCE. And we'll find it out on May with opening weekend.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #142
JP
Smelly

Seriously. If the DoFP marketing followed the Cap marketing, the first trailer would have come out at the end of December, and trailer 2 would come out beginning of April.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #143
Big V
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Yea - $445 million seems like an incredibly low worldwide gross prediction. The Wolverine has made around $415 million by itself.

Just setting the bar low so that it beats expectations. Would you rather them set the bar high and have the movie be a disappointment?

Old 02-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #144
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Its a similar case to pre Avengers release, some fans werent sure about the movie's impact saying it would be similar to Ironman numbers or so.

And now a magazine site like Totalfilm says it will do similar to The Wolverine? or X3 from 8 years ago? and without 3D?

like seriously?

this movie foreign numbers will be pretty big, Im not telling 600m, but around 400 is pretty possible. And on USA, Im sure it will get closer to 300m and probably more.

this is a huge movie, not just a spin-off, or a Wolverine movie, this movie combines TWO casts, and pretty famous actors. So all of them together for the very first time will be a key factor to get more attention on general audience.

Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Jackman, Halle, Ellen, Peter Dinklage, Ian, Patrick.... of all them together are a FORCE. And we'll find it out on May with opening weekend.
And there were also people predicting 800-900mil for Thor: The Dark World. Same for MOS and Batman Begins too actually. People over predict these films as well.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 02-12-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #145
Samarus
Side-Kick

What magazine is this and why do they have journalists who underpredict DOFP ww gross?

Old 02-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #146
Rike
Something strange here?

Total Film.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #147
Figs
Banned User

According to Boxofficemojo X3 had a budget of roughly $210mil. Singer better deliver on the action for once. Don't get me wrong, he did good with a few scenes like Nightcrawler in the White House but in terms of large action like the comics...that's definitely a weak area for him.

I don't have any worries or concerns about the dialogue and the drama, I just want the action to be amped up compared to the past movies.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #148
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Jack the Giant Slayer had a 200 million or ball park budget, and we know how the action went there...

Just get the CGI on par, get some more explosions and some brutal hands to hand action and I think we'll be alright.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #149
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post

All I care about is it making enough money that they will keep making more X-men movies.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Old 02-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #150
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

The Nightcrawler scene is one of the best sequences in X-film history & probably superhero film history but even then there are careless syncing effects where a strike from Nightcrawler doesn't impact even near the same time as the guy getting hit starts moving. Hopefully Singer does a lot better than previous attempts and there was plenty of good action in X2 but I'm sure there are other directors who will be able to do more once the series is finally rebooted (however far away that is). Still want to see more imaginative and comprehensive action/FX shots involving Rogue, Iceman, Beast, Colossus (although the X2 cameo was great) & Cyclops.