The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 05-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #176
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

Default Re: Geoff Johns, David Goyer and Zack Snyder mapping out entire DCCU!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post
"Lex is a bald guy with sleeve tattoos who hates Superman? So he's David Goyer?"

Old 05-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #177
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I've never heard of Guardians of The Galaxy before the movie announcement. My friend called me, and he's a big comic book guy, and he asked me who were the Guardians of The Galaxy. I had no idea
I just remember seeing them thinking "well I ain't gettin into that"...that was the extent of it. I couldn't have told you what their names were or what they could do...just that I recognized the image. That was it. They're obscure even to comics fans which I think is hilarious.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #178
Mr_336
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Yeah, it's absolutely un****ing believable to me. He's a great character....it absolutely irks me if he won't be in the JL film, which was probably our only chance of seeing him if there even were a chance, knowing WB.

Man, **** David Goyer.

They really don't believe in their characters over there. People like that should not be involved with these projects. They need people that believe in and buy into these characters making these projects, people who don't think they're smarter or better than the material.
Hell, they need a better studio. The WB refuses that they can't afford to act embarassed by 75 odd years worth of material long before that joke of a relaunch.

When it comes to the Justice League, who's going to come to mind more J'onn (who's still fresh on minds in the 8 years since Justice League Unlimited ended) or Cyborg (who today's kids only know him as a Titan while their parents vaguely remember him as part of a Hanna-Barbera show that doesn't get any airplay these days)?

Mr_336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #179
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I think it's more like Zack Snyder, David Goyer, Ben Affleck, and Chris Terrio are the main architects of this new universe.
In a perfect world it would be Ben Affleck-Zack Snyder-Chris Terrio-with Goyer at the very back

I really think Snyder was weighed down by Goyer's script. I feel like, on his own, he'd make something more celebratory of the source material, though I don't think it would be a strong and internally consistent feature.

Affleck would at least be able to know what works and wouldn't work as well on film, while Terrio would probably have good character interaction and dialog. We know what Goyer looks like on his own

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #180
batboy99
BTVS

Goyer is a complete asshat. The guy should be thanking comics for paying his ****ing bills.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #181
greenlantern248
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_336 View Post
When it comes to the Justice League, who's going to come to mind more J'onn (who's still fresh on minds in the 8 years since Justice League Unlimited ended) or Cyborg (who today's kids only know him as a Titan while their parents vaguely remember him as part of a Hanna-Barbera show that doesn't get any airplay these days)?
I don't really find that true. Sure JLU can still be seen via Netflix and DVDs but I don't really think its that fresh in peoples mind.

At the shop I go to of the DC readers if you asked any of them their line up for a JL movie 9 out of 12 would tell you Cyborg instead of MM.

Got to remember this is DC's 4th year in the New 52, so for the past 4 years Cyborg has been part of the JL. Not to mention the animated movies JL War and JL Doom. Yes I know MM was in that as well.

So kids today havent viewed Cyborg as a Titan in 4 years.
My personal opinion I would rather have Cyborg than another Superman character with plus and minus powers and a much easier weakness.

greenlantern248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #182
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlantern248 View Post
I don't really find that true. Sure JLU can still be seen via Netflix and DVDs but I don't really think its that fresh in peoples mind.

At the shop I go to of the DC readers if you asked any of them their line up for a JL movie 9 out of 12 would tell you Cyborg instead of MM.

Got to remember this is DC's 4th year in the New 52, so for the past 4 years Cyborg has been part of the JL. Not to mention the animated movies JL War and JL Doom. Yes I know MM was in that as well.

My personal opinion I would rather have Cyborg than another Superman character with plus and minus powers and a much easier weakness.
More kids watch Teen Titans Go than read comics.

Xandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #183
greenlantern248
Side-Kick

I don't know anyone over the age of 12 who watches that cartoon. So sure maybe kids do but a lot of the comics today are not meant for young readers. Don't really think the movies are either.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #184
Cooty_Cat
Side-Kick

Quote:

I just like to see black heroes make it on the scene. I apologize for whoever gets left out because of Cyborg but its for a good cause.

Cooty_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:39 PM   #185
Jason Kane
Side-Kick

Quote:

Teen Titans has been replayed in reruns on Boomerang ad infinitum for the last few years since the show ended. Try again

Jason Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #186
greenlantern248
Side-Kick

I'm talking comics dude not cartoons. Plus like I said if you want to talk cartoons again I don't know anyone over the age of 12 who watches it.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #187
Jason Kane
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm talking comics dude not cartoons. Plus like I said if you want to talk cartoons again I don't know anyone over the age of 12 who watches it.
Mr_336 was refering to the general public (i.e. those who don't read comics), not the dwindling readership of 40 something males DC currently has now.

Jason Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #188
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

I love Teen Titans Go!

Old 05-22-2014, 02:33 AM   #189
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Johns has a real knowledge of the characters, and he knows how to give them a unique voice. He works well on team books, and is great on characterization.

I'm glad they didn't choose Timm. His work on Batman has been awesome, but I can't say the same for the JL/JLU combo. I certainly don't want this show to be used as an inspiration for the Justice League movie.

That's very scary. I've never actually encountered Shia Labeouf before, but I hear that you should never stare him directly in the eyes. Otherwise he'll plagiarize, er, ah, take your appearance and ruin your life. Like a drunken doppelganger. In order to appease him you must offer him photos with his own signatures and a burrito.
Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:09 AM   #190
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Kane View Post
Mr_336 was refering to the general public (i.e. those who don't read comics), not the dwindling readership of 40 something males DC currently has now.
The general public aren't likely to care who is in the Justice League lineup as long as they recognise the majority of the costumes (not even the characters, but the costumes). If Cyborg is in it I guarantee the reaction would be "oh".

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:16 AM   #191
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

DC comics sales are dwindling ?

So, how are many DC titles in top ten selling list ?

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:20 AM   #192
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

The entire market is dwindling.

JLA #1 (1998) sold the same as JL #1. JLA was just a regular #1 and DC still put out all their other issues. JL #1 was only shipped with Flashoint #5 and heralded a company wide relaunch.

If you were to put some of the top selling comics now into sales of a decade ago, they probably might not make the top 10.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:20 AM   #193
matt47
Side-Kick

Bit late to this, what has goyer said? and in context please.

matt47 is online now   Reply With Quote