The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #851
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,670
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Enough with the T&A. We get it. Let's focus on the MCU SW shall we?

__________________
Originally Posted by KangConquers

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 01:04 PM   #852
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 9,513
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

I agree. I wonder if she will be speak in an English accent or if her brother will have an American one.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #853
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Phasin' Thru Ya!
Posts: 2,371
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

As long as we can understand them, accents are cool.

TheVision is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #854
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,212
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
How many superheroes/heroines *haven't* killed each other at some point or other?
Only comic book fans could argue that killing one's significant other is no big deal. Name all of the heroes (male and female) who have actually killed their lovers/spouses/SOs. The ones who really killed them, not just attacked them under the control of some plot device or another. Let me know the body count because as I see it, Sharon is pretty much unique in having been the one girlfriend of a major hero who offed said hero. And even if she has company in the Lovers from Hell category, what she did is still damned awful.


This is the Scarlet Witch's thread, though, so discussion of Cap's horrible love life should be tabled unless it relates to Wanda. (It doesn't.) Wanda's relationship with the Vision may be teased in AOU but I doubt that Whedon will go full-out with a romance. They will probably develop a mutual admiration and maybe one will help/protect the other somewhere along the way. The Vision's personality and "human" characteristics will have to be developed beyond what we know of JARVIS in order for a relationship with Wanda to make sense to the GA, IMO.

xeno000 is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 01:20 PM   #855
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick
 
Ghostcrow13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Well no offence to you Americans but I have never heard a convincing English accent by an American, although I do realise only British people know these are not convincing unless it is truly bad. Conversely most English people can do a decent American accent, especially actors, how many British actors have been mistaken for an American after a role. I saw some people on various forums think ATJ was American because of Kick-Ass.

I hope they are Eastern European though.

Ghostcrow13 is online now  
Old 04-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #856
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 9,513
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
Well no offence to you Americans but I have never heard a convincing English accent by an American, although I do realise only British people know these are not convincing unless it is truly bad. Conversely most English people can do a decent American accent, especially actors, how many British actors have been mistaken for an American after a role. I saw some people on various forums think ATJ was American because of Kick-Ass.

I hope they are Eastern European though.
Yeah, F you man!

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 01:35 PM   #857
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick
 
Ghostcrow13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Yeah, F you man!
It's a weakness you guys have got, you just can't pick out an accent. I guess it's cos we have way more American TV and Films over here than the US has British and Australian stuff.

Ghostcrow13 is online now  
Old 04-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #858
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,629
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
Well no offence to you Americans but I have never heard a convincing English accent by an American, although I do realise only British people know these are not convincing unless it is truly bad. Conversely most English people can do a decent American accent, especially actors, how many British actors have been mistaken for an American after a role. I saw some people on various forums think ATJ was American because of Kick-Ass.

I hope they are Eastern European though.

You know...I've been surprised quite often to watch an actor and then later find out they were British. I had NO clue. They always convince me they are American when they are not.

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #859
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 60,319
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

We don't really hear a diverse amount of accents over here. It's either real fancy or real cockney. Is what it is. I heard a lot of *****ing about RDJ's Sherlock accent and was like, "he's not saying that r the correct way, or the inflection is like 35% off" and I'm like, the ****?

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #860
Destined
BOSS
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Only comic book fans could argue that killing one's significant other is no big deal. Name all of the heroes (male and female) who have actually killed their lovers/spouses/SOs. The ones who really killed them, not just attacked them under the control of some plot device or another. Let me know the body count because as I see it, Sharon is pretty much unique in having been the one girlfriend of a major hero who offed said hero. And even if she has company in the Lovers from Hell category, what she did is still damned awful.


This is the Scarlet Witch's thread, though, so discussion of Cap's horrible love life should be tabled unless it relates to Wanda. (It doesn't.) Wanda's relationship with the Vision may be teased in AOU but I doubt that Whedon will go full-out with a romance. They will probably develop a mutual admiration and maybe one will help/protect the other somewhere along the way. The Vision's personality and "human" characteristics will have to be developed beyond what we know of JARVIS in order for a relationship with Wanda to make sense to the GA, IMO.
Preach! I agree and you are right in every aspect on that horrific relationship despite of what the delusionals say. I'll refrain from contaminating the awesomeness that is Wanda and her thread with talk of basic, lame, and non-factor female characters as well. And I said that too, I think Vision and Wanda will be fond of each other but they won't go full fledge.

Destined is offline  
Old 04-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #861
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick
 
Ghostcrow13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 754
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Yeah that is the thing, fancy and cockney is like a combined 2% of the population, although I do understand most of the south would sound posh to Americans because it does to non-southerners. But not many people actually sound like Downton Abbey.

I guess also it is difficult to distinguish different regional accents from a different country, for example I can think of a few regional accents in the US, but I'm sure there are a lot more which I can't tell apart.

RDJ's accent was actually one of the better ones but yeah it still really isn't great, the best I've heard is Tatiana Maslany in Orphana Black and she is Canadian(?)

Ghostcrow13 is online now  
Old 04-29-2014, 11:50 PM   #862
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Only comic book fans could argue that killing one's significant other is no big deal. Name all of the heroes (male and female) who have actually killed their lovers/spouses/SOs. The ones who really killed them, not just attacked them under the control of some plot device or another. Let me know the body count because as I see it, Sharon is pretty much unique in having been the one girlfriend of a major hero who offed said hero. And even if she has company in the Lovers from Hell category, what she did is still damned awful.


This is the Scarlet Witch's thread, though, so discussion of Cap's horrible love life should be tabled unless it relates to Wanda. (It doesn't.) Wanda's relationship with the Vision may be teased in AOU but I doubt that Whedon will go full-out with a romance. They will probably develop a mutual admiration and maybe one will help/protect the other somewhere along the way. The Vision's personality and "human" characteristics will have to be developed beyond what we know of JARVIS in order for a relationship with Wanda to make sense to the GA, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
Preach! I agree and you are right in every aspect on that horrific relationship despite of what the delusionals say. I'll refrain from contaminating the awesomeness that is Wanda and her thread with talk of basic, lame, and non-factor female characters as well. And I said that too, I think Vision and Wanda will be fond of each other but they won't go full fledge.
First of all, caveat: let's not be disingenuous here. Don't get all preachy about "omg this is the SW thread not the Cap's love life thread hurr durr" and then proceed to actually *discuss* Cap's love life in the SW thread. So that being said, let me clear my throat (uh huh, uh huh):

Quote:
Only comic book fans could argue that killing one's significant other is no big deal. Name all of the heroes (male and female) who have actually killed their lovers/spouses/SOs. The ones who really killed them, not just attacked them under the control of some plot device or another. Let me know the body count because as I see it, Sharon is pretty much unique in having been the one girlfriend of a major hero who offed said hero. And even if she has company in the Lovers from Hell category, what she did is still damned awful.
Yes, Sharon Carter shot Captain America --- after Crossbones had mortally wounded him with a shot from a sniper rifle, and all while she was under hypnosis from Dr. Faustus. So yeah, xeno, to your point about comic book characters killing their lovers of their own free will, and what a "terrible" person Sharon Carter is because of it....? Fail.

*mic drop*

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 04-30-2014, 02:48 AM   #863
Destined
BOSS
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
First of all, caveat: let's not be disingenuous here. Don't get all preachy about "omg this is the SW thread not the Cap's love life thread hurr durr" and then proceed to actually *discuss* Cap's love life in the SW thread. So that being said, let me clear my throat (uh huh, uh huh):



Yes, Sharon Carter shot Captain America --- after Crossbones had mortally wounded him with a shot from a sniper rifle, and all while she was under hypnosis from Dr. Faustus. So yeah, xeno, to your point about comic book characters killing their lovers of their own free will, and what a "terrible" person Sharon Carter is because of it....? Fail.

*mic drop*
Sharon is that you? Lol! Chile BYE! It's not that deep and you can pick up the imaginary mike. And yes, you need to stop talking about Lame 13 in Wanda's thread. We've moved on from insignificance. Take that to her or your thread under Captain America's tab.

Destined is offline  
Old 04-30-2014, 03:01 AM   #864
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,620
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
We don't really hear a diverse amount of accents over here. It's either real fancy or real cockney. Is what it is. I heard a lot of *****ing about RDJ's Sherlock accent and was like, "he's not saying that r the correct way, or the inflection is like 35% off" and I'm like, the ****?
Britain is kinda weird when it comes to accents.

The country is small, no bigger than Florida. But the amount of different accents and dialects spread out over such a small place is mind boggling.

London alone has about 3 or 4!

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline  
Old 04-30-2014, 04:57 AM   #865
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,527
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Makes sense. Britain is also old and was civilised before good public transport so people generally formed cultures around their cities and towns and rarely intermingled. This led to different ways of doing things including slang and dialects

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is online now  
Old 04-30-2014, 08:27 AM   #866
Pond
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 461
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
Well no offence to you Americans but I have never heard a convincing English accent by an American, although I do realise only British people know these are not convincing unless it is truly bad. Conversely most English people can do a decent American accent, especially actors, how many British actors have been mistaken for an American after a role. I saw some people on various forums think ATJ was American because of Kick-Ass.

I hope they are Eastern European though.
YouŽd be surprised how many people think James Marsters is British, on both sides of the pond.

Pond is offline  
Old 04-30-2014, 08:34 AM   #867
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 60,319
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Yeah, Marsters, Desinof, Streep and Alan Tudyk have fooled a lot of people I've heard. Hell, Allison Brie does a decent accent.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 04-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #868
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 9,513
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Yeah, Marsters, Desinof, Streep and Alan Tudyk have fooled a lot of people I've heard. Hell, Allison Brie does a decent accent.
Waaat!!!???

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline  
Old 04-30-2014, 08:38 AM   #869
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Phasin' Thru Ya!
Posts: 2,371
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

I can do a great British accent!

*Ahem*

WOT! Bloody sod off you wanka!

*bows*

TheVision is offline  
Old 04-30-2014, 08:39 AM   #870
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 60,319
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Marsters is a Cali dude, as is Tudyk aka King Candy aka the german dude in DOTF and the british sidekick in A Knight's Tale.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 04-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #871
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
Sharon is that you? Lol! Chile BYE! It's not that deep and you can pick up the imaginary mike. And yes, you need to stop talking about Lame 13 in Wanda's thread. We've moved on from insignificance. Take that to her or your thread under Captain America's tab.

...he said, as the thread droned on about James Marsters, Alan Tudyk, non-British British actors, and virtually everyone else *but* Elizabeth Olsen and Scarlet Witch.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 04-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #872
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,140
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
Sharon is that you? Lol! Chile BYE! It's not that deep and you can pick up the imaginary mike. And yes, you need to stop talking about Lame 13 in Wanda's thread. We've moved on from insignificance. Take that to her or your thread under Captain America's tab.
Wow your some piece of work.

Hypocrisy is strong in this one...

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 04-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #873
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,670
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Now I regret complaining about the sexy cosplay. Sheesh.

__________________
Originally Posted by KangConquers

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 04-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #874
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,620
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
I can do a great British accent!

*Ahem*

WOT! Bloody sod off you wanka!

*bows*
That was pukka me ol china. Now piss off down the nuclear sub and get me an Aristotle.

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline  
Old 04-30-2014, 12:13 PM   #875
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,670
Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Wait do we know if the twins will have non-american accents?

__________________
Originally Posted by KangConquers

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.