The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor Sequels

Old 05-24-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Default Angela

Spoilers!*

Well, it's probably not a super-secret by now, but apparently Angela, the character who originated in Todd McFarlane's Spawn comics in the early 1990s, was bought by Neil Gaiman after a protracted lawsuit with McFarlane.. and at this point, Gaiman has now sold the character outright to Marvel Comics. But on top of that, it has now been revealed that Angela is the "secret daughter" of Odin, and that she hails from "The 10th Realm"-- a heretofore unrevealed cosmic plane and an addition to the traditional Asgardian Nine Realms.

I wonder if the film producers will include Angela at any point in this film series? It would certainly be interesting if they did, and to what degree they would maintain the comics-based origin, which technically is unfolding for the first time this year.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #2
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: Angela

I would love to see Angela on the silver screen. In the perfect world, she would have been played by Karen Gillan; however, since she is Nebula - and is going to kick major arse in GOTG-someone else is going to fill the mantle.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:41 PM   #3
seahammer
Asgardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
I wonder if the film producers will include Angela at any point in this film series? It would certainly be interesting if they did, and to what degree they would maintain the comics-based origin, which technically is unfolding for the first time this year.
I usually don't post unless I have something positive to say, but Ugh. No thanks! I think it's a pretty ridiculous move in the comics, and I hope that it ultimately goes nowhere there, too.

There are so many Thor characters and stories that deserve to be in a Thor movie before a transplant from another company. Thor even has a ton of strong female characters who could be developed into a story, and Thor has enough family baggage with Loki already. Plus, we haven't even seen all 9 realms on screen yet, anyway, so I'm in no rush to explore a 'tenth' realm.

No, no, no, no, no. Forever no.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #4
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

I have to agree with seahammer. I have very little interest in reading about her being a child of Odin (I hope they don't force her into Aaron's fantastic run with Thor) and less in seeing her in the Thor movies. There are so many classic characters in his gallery that we can explore before her.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote