Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 10:18 AM   #51
Benstamania
Shot first.

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Man Metal Gear Rising was a 2 hour game(4 if you reallllllly took ur time) and they charged 60. GZ looks to be much much better than that game and it's 40.
I think that's a fairly poor excuse.. Theyre not even trying to market this as anything but a demo.. And I honestly think gamers are stupid if they let this pass just because it's Metal Gear. It's a poor, poor business practice that's going to change the gaming landscape for the worse if it's successful..

I will probably intentionally wait for a used copy.. That was Konami doesn't get my money for it at all.

Revelation 22:20
Old 02-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #52
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
This is this Ryse thing an actual permanent drop, or a sale? Because if it's just a sale, I don't see any reason to expect this to be a sign of anything. Sales happen all the time on the XBLA, PSN, and eShop?
It's sign of something because MS has stated it as such. They stated multiple times they were looking into dropping the prices of their digital titles. This is the first. No idea if it's permanent or not, but it's not a sale.

I'm not sold on anything tho. Like I said earlier, I'll be impressed when a new release AAA title is discounted digitally

Old 02-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #53
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
I only do digital. I have a great paying job so I don't need to resell them. It's a shame there isn't boxes anymore but I still love digital
Any idea how many games roughly you bought last gen?

Old 02-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #54
Benstamania
Shot first.

To get myself back on topic.. I'll be getting a TB HDD for my PS4 and possibly a TB external HDD for the Xbone.

Once I get those... and if they do indeed drop the price of digital games.. Well, bye bye hard copies.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:49 PM   #55
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
To get myself back on topic.. I'll be getting a TB HDD for my PS4 and possibly a TB external HDD for the Xbone.

Once I get those... and if they do indeed drop the price of digital games.. Well, bye bye hard copies.
I'm worried about the external HDD support for XB1. I don't think they'll let us use any size. They're prob going to limit it to like 20 gigs, the way they did with the 360.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:17 PM   #56
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I'm still more in the 360 gen than X1 and I'll only go fully digital next gen when we can have whatever size HD we want. I filled up the biggest 360 hard drives just with arcade games and DLCs, no retail games & even then had to constantly delete stuff. Deleting and downloading is more inconvenient than discs to me, which is a bit silly when convenience itself is supposed to be one of the big advantages of digital. Like I said earleir I hope Microsoft sort this out as otherwise some of the best features of the X1 are not being fully utilised.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:44 PM   #57
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
I'm worried about the external HDD support for XB1. I don't think they'll let us use any size. They're prob going to limit it to like 20 gigs, the way they did with the 360.
Ugh, that would be a dumb move. Why don't they just watch Sony and say "yeah, let's do something like that!"

Old 02-19-2014, 11:01 PM   #58
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

I prefer external since it's additional space. So if you get a 1 TB drive, that 1.5 of space you get. Everything needs to be transferred on an internal then the old one is useless.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #59
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Ugh, that would be a dumb move. Why don't they just watch Sony and say "yeah, let's do something like that!"
Agreed. It just seems like something MS would do. They didn't allow us to use any HDD last gen and they didn't allow us to use any size external HDD either. I fully expect them to repeat that.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #60
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

So, it's looking like my brother and I are going to buy an Xbox One soon. I think we might wait till Sunday, and see if there's anything new being offered. I'm not expecting it, but who knows. I'm almost willing to purchase it through Wal-Mart...but man have I had some horrible experiences with them.

Seems almost pointless to wait if we want one now, and don't want to wait till Christmas for some re-release that might not appeal to us anyway.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #61
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
So, it's looking like my brother and I are going to buy an Xbox One soon. I think we might wait till Sunday, and see if there's anything new being offered. I'm not expecting it, but who knows. I'm almost willing to purchase it through Wal-Mart...but man have I had some horrible experiences with them.

Seems almost pointless to wait if we want one now, and don't want to wait till Christmas for some re-release that might not appeal to us anyway.

Might wanna wait just a wee bit loner man, for Titanfall. Theres rumors there might be a Titanfall console with a larger HDD coming. Id wait a week or two, see if any news pops. I mean if they are going to release another console, they'll wait as long as they possibly can to do so.

Either way, i doubt you'll regret your purchase. The XB1 is a pretty damn solid console and only getting better.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #62
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post

then don't get it at WM. If you are a Best Buy Rewardzone member, you get $10 in credit for purchases over $500. While not much, that's at least something you can put towards a future game, Gold, etc....

Old 02-20-2014, 08:48 PM   #63
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Do XB1 games go on sale at midnight? Meaning the digital copies of games, or do you have to wait for the system to update later that day?

Old 02-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #64
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Hmmm, thanks. I think I'll try and wait to see if there is something bundled with Titanfall.

And yeah, I think Bestbuy is where I'll get it. I know everyone likes to knock on them, but despite everything my better experiences with brick and mortar stores have been with them.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #65
Dugath
Side-Kick

I just wish there were more games currently for the XBO.
Beat Ryse and have no interest in multiplayer for it.
Beat and got bored of DR3.
The "free" version of KI is ok, but not interesting enough to spend $ on it.
Got annoyed at BF.

Had fun with Titan Fall Beta. Will buy that.

Right now though.. I just bought WWE 2k14 and stated up again with Guitar hero and Rock band (which I suck at lol).. and have serious interest in Rock Smith 2014.

Did not think my Xbox One would be collecting so much dust unless I am watching TV through it. Not really sure why they did not make this thing back words compatible. (perhaps some sort of software issue?).

I guess it will pick up for me once Titan Fall and MineCraft come out.

Battle Field 4
Old 02-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #66
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Yeah, once TitanFall gets out I'll definitely start playing XB1 more.

I got a code for the Update Preview, but it just kept loading, loading, and loading. After 20-30 minutes I just turned it off.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #67
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugath View Post
Got annoyed at BF.

Right now though.. I just bought WWE 2k14 and stated up again with Guitar hero and Rock band (which I suck at lol).. and have serious interest in Rock Smith 2014.

Did not think my Xbox One would be collecting so much dust unless I am watching TV through it. Not really sure why they did not make this thing back words compatible. (perhaps some sort of software issue?).

I'm still 80% last gen. I love the X1 but I have so many good games to finish from last gen that I doubt I'll go 100% next gen for at least 2-3 years. Backward compatibility would have been amazing but it's not straightforward or cheap when the base hardware isn't very similar or much older. If Sony, Microsoft & Nintendo consoles were all backward compatible I'd always get all 3 at launch and if necessary trade in the older models.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:32 PM   #68
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugath View Post
Got annoyed at BF.

That happens with every launch. Theres a handful of launch title that really get ya interested early, but they only hold for so long. I remember feeling the EXACT same way with the 360. You REALLY look forward to that next big release. Good news is, the lull is starting to subside. Thief is out next week, then Titanfall and some others right behind it. I think i'll prob be purchasing around 4-5 games from here until mid summer.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #69
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Getting Thief, Titanfall and Kinect Sports Rivals for sure and maybe MG: GZ. That covers up to April. Destiny not til September. Any summer games announced yet?

Old 02-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #70
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Does anyone know how quickly Redbox gets newer games? Because there are single player games that after I beat I'd be done with so maybe rental would be the best route for those games. Ground Zero is a perfect example of a game I wouldn't spend more than a weekend on.

Nevermind. Looks like current gen games aren't on Redbox. Just last gen. I guess buy and trade is still my best option.

Old 02-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #71
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
Getting Thief, Titanfall and Kinect Sports Rivals for sure and maybe MG: GZ. That covers up to April. Destiny not til September. Any summer games announced yet?
Im planning on getting Thief, Titanfall, Metal Gear Solid: GZ, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Sniper Elite III and maybe Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark. So if i go that route that'll take me through what, July'ish? Im also expecting Watchdogs to be out sometime before September. Im thinking June or July.

The Evil Within and Dying Light are also out in Aug.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #72
Donut
Side-Kick

I'm getting South Park: The Stick Of Truth. Will rent Thief, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 & anything else that comes out. May or may not get Titanfall. If not at launch then down the line for sure

Old 02-22-2014, 08:28 PM   #73
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

South Park looks pretty damn good but I told myself I was done with current gen , at least in terms of purchasing new titles. That ones gonna be hard to pass up tho

Old 02-22-2014, 11:51 PM   #74
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

I'm hoping my brother upgrades to a new PC this year and I can buy his old one. Would definitely get South Park and other cross-platform games that way. It can run Tomb Raider on high settings so it should be use-able for a while.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:31 PM   #75
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
That happens with every launch. Theres a handful of launch title that really get ya interested early, but they only hold for so long. I remember feeling the EXACT same way with the 360. You REALLY look forward to that next big release. Good news is, the lull is starting to subside. Thief is out next week, then Titanfall and some others right behind it. I think i'll prob be purchasing around 4-5 games from here until mid summer.
It's the same with my PlayStation 4. I got Killzone: Shadow Fall and Madden 25 with it. Madden is fun to play with friends and family and Killzone is good, but nothing special. I'll probably end up getting Assassin's Creed IV once I go through the entire series. I quickly went back to playing PlayStation 3 games while waiting for new PlayStation 4 games to come out.

Luckily Metal Gear Solid V and inFamous: Second Son are coming out soon.