Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 03:58 PM   #76
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
It's the same with my PlayStation 4. I got Killzone: Shadow Fall and Madden 25 with it. Madden is fun to play with friends and family and Killzone is good, but nothing special. I'll probably end up getting Assassin's Creed IV once I go through the entire series. I quickly went back to playing PlayStation 3 games while waiting for new PlayStation 4 games to come out.

Luckily Metal Gear Solid V and inFamous: Second Son are coming out soon.

Yea, I snagged a fair amount at launch, but they didnt seem to last all that long. Probably because they weren't anything I hadn't really played before, save for Ryse. At launch I snagged Ryse, Assassins Creed IV(which i had already beaten on the 360) NBA 2K14, Killer Instinct, Madden and Battlefield 4.

In the last month or so though, iv played through DmC again, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and im now playing through inFAMOUS 2, which is stupid as its only making my desire for Second Son that much tougher to deal with and I don't yet have the cash to get a PS4.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #77
Benstamania
Shot first.

I'm getting Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare on the XB1 Tuesday. After that it's pretty much all PS4.. MGSGZ on PS4, Titan fall on X1, INFAMOUS on PS4..If 3rd party is on PS4 that's what I'm getting it on.

PvZ looks hella fun tho..

Revelation 22:20
Old 02-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #78
echostation
Banned User

so far PS4 is slaying Xbox in sales... it's so confusing on which one to buy. Xbox has Titanfall and Quantum break coming and PS4 has the Order and Infamous - very difficult to choose which one to get... Why do you guys think PS4 is selling so much more at the moment?

Old 02-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #79
Benstamania
Shot first.

IMHO it's a better system. I have both but my XB1 will only be used as a clexclusive system. I'm not saying that the X1 is crap.. It's a good system but the PS4, tech wise, is just a better machine.

If you ONLY can get one I myself would say get a PS4 now and an X1 later on down the line. I'm sure there are other who would tell you different..

I enjoy them both but when I look at exclusives I have an X1 mostly for Titanfall and Halo.. I have my PS4 for literally everything else.

Again.. I'm not taking anything away from the X1..righy now gaming wise PS4 is just hitting the mark... The X1 being 100 dollars over also doesn't help it.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #80
echostation
Banned User

yes i agree, i personally do not care for kinect. I hope that MS release future version of Xbox without kinect at 100 dollar cheaper than even tougher decision then

Old 02-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #81
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
so far PS4 is slaying Xbox in sales... it's so confusing on which one to buy. Xbox has Titanfall and Quantum break coming and PS4 has the Order and Infamous - very difficult to choose which one to get... Why do you guys think PS4 is selling so much more at the moment?
$100 cheaper coming out of a global double recession. Nothing was going to override that. Although Microsoft's terrible handling of their own publicity has also made a big contribution. If early gen sales were going to direct anyone they would have directed them to get a wii last gen and PS3 last so it's probably not the best indicator. Best way is to look at announced exclusive games and see which you personally prefer overall. The X1 is really great as a media machine, the PS4 clearly has the edge on multiplatform game comparisons.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #82
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
Sony had the better message, plain and simple. They went after the core gamer crowd while MS tried to go after "everyone" else. Thats really what it comes down to. The message. It has very little, if anything to do with Sony having the more powerful machine. The difference in power is slim. We aren't talking about a Wii to PS3 power difference. Iv been around the PS4 enough to know that it probably won't ever by my 'primary' system. The XB1 just offers too much, entertainment wise, for it to be usurped by another console at this point. The majority of the time that my XB1 is on, its doing something other than gaming. Not to say that i don't game a lot, because i do, but the amount of time i spend watching Netflix, TV and using other media apps dwarfs the amount of time i spend playing a game. For that stuff, the XB1 is the clear winner.

At this point im willing to take the games with lower resolution(primarily because the differences don't exist on my 32'' tv) if it means a better integrated machine with my current entertainment setup.

When people ask me what system they should go with, i always ask what they're looking for out of their console. If the TV and voice integration isn't something you think you'd use, don't hesitate, go PS4. But if you are looking for a console to be the center of your entertainment hub, its hard to argue against the XB1.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #83
Benstamania
Shot first.

I think you'll notice a pretty big difference in power when you compare games.. Nothing tops KZ in graphics beauty. On a 32? No, maybe not but 50 and up? Yeah. I think the graphical difference could also expand the further we go along... I'm not saying the XB1 will look like PSOne games in comparison but I'm not sure we'll see something that looks as good as the Order 1886 on the One.

MAYBE.. but I have my doubts. I have both so if we do I'll know and say it. Time will tell.

Like Pat said, if you want a media machine.. XB1. If you want a games machine.. PS4.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #84
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Well I know I won't be able to tell on my 32 inch TV, but even these comparison videos I struggle to notice any major difference. I don't think the gap is going to widen at all, ecspecially when these devs start learning the systems. It'll just remain the way it is now.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #85
Benstamania
Shot first.

Eh, I disagree there. For example.. I think that GZ looks a good bit better on the PS4 than it does the XB1.. And I don't have 20/20 vision, lol. Yes, the graphics on the Xbox One will improve.. But they'll improve on the PS4 as well. The PS4 is a more powerful system.. It's only natural that games will look better on it. 1st part games on the PS3 looked better than 1st party games on the Xbox 360... So why wouldn't they on the PS4 when again it's the more powerful system? This time around the PS4 does't have the cell and 3rd party games are also taking advantage of it's power.

If there's ONE thing the PS4 is going to pull ahead of the XB1 in is graphics. That's just fact. I'll give the XB1 that it TRUMPS the PS4 in media... but when it comes to looks.. I really think we're going to see the PS4 trump the XB1... More so with exclusive game power.

This isn't fanboy. This is me having both systems side by side and comparing games. Launch games even.. Which is normally equal footing.

Again I'm not saying that the XB1 is gonna suck in graphics. I just think we're gonna see a noticeable difference. Or at the very least I wouldn't be shocked to see it in 1st party titles. If 3rd party devs can figure out how to put Native 1080 on the X1 then that's great and GOOD.. but I don't see 1st party XB1 devs matching anything 1st party PS4 devs can do.

If I'm wrong.. I'll say so.. but I don't expect them to "be about the same."

Old 02-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #86
Benstamania
Shot first.

That may make me sound like I hate my One. I don't.. I'm very glad I have both systems. It's good to have both and OK to favor one. I think a lot of the complaints about the One are over blown... but I also think that some have points.

I want MS to completely right the ship though. I'm pulling for both systems.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #87
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Eh, I disagree there. For example.. I think that GZ looks a good bit better on the PS4 than it does the XB1.. And I don't have 20/20 vision, lol. Yes, the graphics on the Xbox One will improve.. But they'll improve on the PS4 as well. The PS4 is a more powerful system.. It's only natural that games will look better on it. 1st part games on the PS3 looked better than 1st party games on the Xbox 360... So why wouldn't they on the PS4 when again it's the more powerful system? This time around the PS4 does't have the cell and 3rd party games are also taking advantage of it's power.

If there's ONE thing the PS4 is going to pull ahead of the XB1 in is graphics. That's just fact. I'll give the XB1 that it TRUMPS the PS4 in media... but when it comes to looks.. I really think we're going to see the PS4 trump the XB1... More so with exclusive game power.
I watched the comparison video that Konami released on MGS and I had to pause the video, to tell any kind of difference. Its been like that for pretty much every game that iv seen a comparison on. I generally find the PS4 to look better, AFTER iv paused the the video im watching and look for the differences.

I don't expect the difference in visuals to widen in the least. Right now its pretty clear the PS4 has the edge and I don't ever expect that to change, but we aren't about to see the XB1 stay in place while the PS4 gets better and better visuals. It'll be like it was last gen. Like you said, Sonys 1st party titles for the most part looked better than what was found on the Xbox 360, but there were games, like Halo 4, that id put up against anything Sony had last gen, visually.

Im not disagreeing with the notion Sonys console is more powerful, one can't, but iv yet to see that to be an excuse to go with one console over the other. The differences are too narrow, if they're noticeable at all. If Sonys machine gets to the point where 3rd party games look like they are being run on an 'Ultra' setting where as the XB1 looks like its running on 'medium', then yea, absolutely go Sony. I don't foresee a gap like that coming though.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #88
Benstamania
Shot first.

I think you misunderstand me.. I'm not saying the X1 is going to stay in place graphically. I believe it WILL improve. I also think the PS4 will improve.. and if the PS4 improves... Naturally I feel it will still be ahead of the X1. I just expect it to always have an edge.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:45 PM   #89
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
I think you misunderstand me.. I'm not saying the X1 is going to stay in place graphically. I believe it WILL improve. I also think the PS4 will improve.. and if the PS4 improves... Naturally I feel it will still be ahead of the X1. I just expect it to always have an edge.
Oh yea I agree completely. It's why I said I think the gap will remain about where it's at now.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:54 PM   #90
echostation
Banned User

i think easily ryse looks best game graficaly no easily in term of graphic...look inanely great hi hooodim

Old 02-23-2014, 11:21 PM   #91
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

PS4 is a clearly stronger machine but yeah, the difference isn't big enough for me to have it be a deciding factor. I don't think the PS4 will be running any games the XB1 is incapable of running. Would The Order look better on PS4 if it were multiplatform? Yes. Would a XB1 version be impossible with it's hardware? No. Ryse was very impressive and Quantum Break looks like a true current-gen title as well.

*I refer to PS4 and XB1 as current-gen because they are.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #92
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

So, it's official. There's a Titanfall bundle coming. I'm happy that the system is coming in black, and not with that less-than-spiffy paint job we saw on Neogaf a while ago. I guess this is the one I'm getting, then.

Basically, it's the Xbox One with a digital copy of Titanfall for free with a One-Month Xbox Live card. So, I really think this is the one I'm jumping on.

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-confirms...dle-1529612242

Last edited by ChrisBaleBatman; 02-24-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #93
Travesty
TEOL

For some reasons, I just see Titanfall bombing.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #94
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

It looks like the U.K. will see a price cut on the Xbox One console bundled with Titan Fall. Maybe a price cut in the U.S. is not too far along??

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...one-price-drop

Old 02-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #95
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
For some reasons, I just see Titanfall bombing.
Yeah, I have the same feeling. Well, maybe not bomb, but I feel like it's not going to do as well as many are pushing for it to.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #96
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

The only thing I can see holding it back is it not being on the PS4, but that may not be as big a issue if you consider that this might be the game that gets people who haven't bought one to buy an Xbox One.

Titanfall seems to be the first BIG game release of the new generation. So, I think that's a big part of the hype that it's been building.

And as for an Xbox One price cut...in a way, the Titanfall bundle I'm eyeing is kind of a price cut. If you don't look at Titanfall as a free game, then the Xbox One is at $60 discount with us paying for the game.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #97
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Yeah, I have the same feeling. Well, maybe not bomb, but I feel like it's not going to do as well as many are pushing for it to.
Your screen name nostalgiafied me.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #98
Benstamania
Shot first.

I expect Titanfall tos ell consoles. I know people who plan on getting an Xbox One JUST for that.

Not sure why anyone would think it would bomb or under perform... The vast majority of XB1 owners played the beta and enjoyed the heck out of it... Those that didn't (the ones I know) are buying a One JUST to play this game.

Old 02-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #99
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Yeah 2m unique TitanFall beta players. And given how well received the beta was even by the most casual players, I bet a good percentage of those get the game. It might not do the numbers that an existing big franchise would but should be good for a debut game.

Old 02-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #100
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
They'll both improve yeah. The PS4 has better base specs and you would expect it to maintain a lead throughout. But the numbers aren't that different compared to previous differences of consoles within a generation (excluding both wiis). The big thing at launch is that each X1 multiplat game is either not matching up on the resolution or having a lower FPS. As long as X1 after the settling in period can get to 1080p 30FPS on all single player games and 1080p 60FPS on TitanFall sequels, Halo & Gears multiplayer I think the overall advantage will get smaller as the generation goes on as Sony has no room to grow on the resolution front without 4k compatibility and >60 FPS on multiplayer or >30FPS on singleplayer is relevant only to a small subset of gamers. At the moment it has whatever advantage it might get just from its base specs in addition to a meaningful advantange in either one of those 2 things on each game.