The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #276
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
I'm getting really tired of seeing Sam Jackson with purple hair in that avatar.

Did anyone feel an Earthquake yesterday?
Haha me too man, me too.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #277
protocida
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
If the awesome spoiler is true, I'm pretty happy with the re-casting. Its for the better this time around and this would be Marvel's "Fu** you too!" response to
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Hugo Weaving.
How is it a "F**k you" giving Weaving what he wants?

Last edited by Hunter Rider; 02-15-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:32 PM   #278
Mr. Dent
Banned User

how about you put that in a spoiler.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #279
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

anyone notice on that list what the last thing was?

Quill's S.O.S

Old 02-15-2014, 11:28 PM   #280
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Damnit, I caved. Nothing I didn't expect already though and doesn't change anything so don't feel too spoiled.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 02-16-2014, 01:03 AM   #281
TRM
Banned User

I have a feeling it's revealed in a different way than CA: First Avenger, and Cap doesn't find out Pierce's alter ego in the film. It might happen in such a way that only the audience, and possibly Rumlow, would find out at this stage. Rumlow might already know Pierce isn't himself.

Last edited by TRM; 02-16-2014 at 02:24 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 02-16-2014, 02:12 AM   #282
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
I'm getting really tired of seeing Sam Jackson with purple hair in that avatar.

Did anyone feel an Earthquake yesterday?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Haha me too man, me too.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:09 AM   #283
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
anyone notice on that list what the last thing was?

Quill's S.O.S
That's one of many things that has me convinced that the track listing is fake. It's a false scoop left over from Iron Man 3 that we all know turned out to be false. Taken with the titles of so many Police Academy movies and the omission of one track Jackman said would be on the CD, that after-credits spoiler screams "fake" to me.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:22 AM   #284
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Accidentally unsubscribed to this thread, so...I'm back.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 02-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #285
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That's one of many things that has me convinced that the track listing is fake. It's a false scoop left over from Iron Man 3 that we all know turned out to be false. Taken with the titles of so many Police Academy movies and the omission of one track Jackman said would be on the CD, that after-credits spoiler screams "fake" to me.
....People actually believed the fake OST listing....?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-16-2014, 08:27 AM   #286
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

I hope Union Jack and Spitfire can be in Cap3.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #287
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I'm confused on the marketing of this film.

It seems to me that all of the trailers haven't even hinted at the fact that the Winter Soldier is Bucky. Yet in some BTS Video, they outright say it. Is this suppose to be some type of secret from the GA?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #288
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post

It seems to me that all of the trailers haven't even hinted at the fact that the Winter Soldier is Bucky. Yet in some BTS Video, they outright say it. Is this suppose to be some type of secret from the GA?
They try to keep the whole 'Bucky is WS' thing under wraps for people who don't already know.

As an example, my cousins and siblings have no idea who the WS will be. They've seen the trailers, but they're not like me... so they don't really watch every video like I do.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #289
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Most of my friends were really surprised when I brough it up, but for some reason I was even more surprised they didnīt know.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #290
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

No, it doesn't need to be spoiler-tagged. Marvel's made no secret that WS is Bucky. There was something posted just yesterday, forget where, that had a detailed write-up of all the characters, and it said specifically that WS was Bucky.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #291
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
No, it doesn't need to be spoiler-tagged. Marvel's made no secret that WS is Bucky. There was something posted just yesterday, forget where, that had a detailed write-up of all the characters, and it said specifically that WS was Bucky.
You guys gotta remember we're a bunch of internet people.

I know I keep referencing my siblings and cousins, but they like the films and I went and watch the Avengers with them in 2012.

The thing is, they're average people. They don't read any interviews, they don't see any of those articles, or anything. They don't even know what MCU stands for, or what 616 is, and they don't even know what Falcon's original costume looked like. They don't know what the Triskelion is, or that Bucky is the WS, and they don't know who Pierce is, or Lukin for that matter. They don't even know Nick Fury was white in 616!

My point is, we're not a 'general audience'. We look up and research a lot of stuff. The actual general audience are people who have never really been into comic books. The people I know have never read a comic book. I haven't either, but that's besides the point. The general audience doesn't know the majority of things.

As far as they know, Captain America, Black Widow, and 'a new flying guy' are fighting someone called 'the Winter Soldier'. That's it.

At one point, my cousin thought 'Winter Soldier' was the stealth name for Steve Rogers!

Old 02-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #292
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

^
This is very true and gets even more true when you look abroad (not in America). Something that happened to me here in Sweden that I also found pretty interesting was that a guy who actually cosplayed as Loki on the premiere of TDW
didnīt know who Thanos was, nor did he know anything about the Infinity Stones.

I talked to him and said, well, this is awkard. I am Thanos and I posess the Infinity Gauntlet (I had a T-shirt with the IG), so I guess Iīm you master.
And heīs like, uh yeah who is that? I donīt read comics. Iīm just into the films. So basically I explained to him during the commercial that I was his master.

(He sat on the row just above me so therefore we could easily converse)

Last edited by Mightyally; 02-16-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #293
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
^
This is very true and gets even more true when you look abroad (not in America). Something that happened to me here in Sweden that I also found pretty interesting was that a guy who actually cosplayed as Loki on the premiere of TDW
didnīt know who Thanos was, nor did he know anything about the Infinity Stones.

I talked to him and said, well, this is awkard. I am Thanos and I posess the Infinity Gauntlet (I had a T-shirt with the IG), so I guess Iīm you master.
And heīs like, uh yeah who is that? I donīt read comics. Iīm just into the films. So basically I explained to him during the commercial that I was his master.

(He sat on the row just above me so therefore we could easily converse)
Yes, exactly. My sister, for example, is a huge fan of Iron Man. Yet she didn't know who Cap, Thor, Widow, or Hawk was until she saw Avengers, in which case she thought the movie was just another Iron Man movie with new characters.

When I told her 'Thanos will probably be the villain in Avengers 3', she asked 'Who!?" and I said "..the purple guy at the end of the Avengers..."

I was very surprised to hear so many people at my school talk about going to see the Avengers. I mean, these are people who would normally never watch superhero stuff.

Part of the reason of the MCU's success is the fact that it appeals to more than just Marvel fans; it appeals to everyone.

I'd wager only a small majority of its fans actually read and research stuff on the internet. And that small majority is us.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #294
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

^
I understand when you say sheīs a huge fan of Iron man you mean of Iron man in terms of moves(which is awesome), because a huge fan should have read Iron Man #55, which is Thanos first appearence

Yeah thatīs a big part of it and thatīs what makes me so pleased with them. Because I really love to talk/specualte about movies in general so now that people I know actually starts becomming interested in the same movies as I, and in a similar way, I can answer their questions and for once maybe, eventaully, potentially become a little popular.

But on the other hand, thatīs sort of what WB did with Batman. It was more an action/thriller kinda thing opposed to a superheromovie like the old Batman movies. I know some ppl had problems with the Nolan-verse and many seemed more inclined towards the MCU concept where they actually managed to keep the superhero feeling but imo itīs hard to compare Batman (and a lot of other DC stuff for that matter) with Marvel. Batman works in a more realistic action/thriller without the superhero feel. I really liked Nolanīs work.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #295
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:

Marvel has stated that everyone in the audience will know (hopefully) who WS is and it'll add to the emotional aspect that CA and his team don't know.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:15 PM   #296
universeman
Side-Kick

After all I have read and if the rumor is true that
Alexander Pierce is Red Skull
then wow ! because then Winter Solider was
created by Red Skull
and if the Rumor is true that the
mid post credits scene will be a appearance of Von Strucker and The Twins
then wow because
The Twins are working for there`s Dad`s enemy
I know Marvel can`t say there
Mutants
but the irony anyone agreed !

Old 02-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #297
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Hahaha awesome^

Old 02-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #298
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Marvel is pulling out all the stops for CA: TWS with their announcement today:

Chris Evans Named Grand Marshal For 56th Annual Daytona 500

Quote:
Chris Evans, star of Marvel's latest super hero adventure "Captain America: The Winter Solider," scheduled for release on April 4, will serve as Grand Marshal for the 56th annual DAYTONA 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Sunday, Feb. 23, at Daytona International Speedway. The race is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET and broadcast on FOX, FOX Deportes, MRN Radio and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, as well as streamed live on the FOX Sports GO app.

As Grand Marshal, Evans will declare the four most famous words in motorsports--"Drivers, start your engines." In addition to delivering the command, he will be introduced at the driver's meeting, participate in pre-race ceremonies and ride in one of the Grand Marshal cars during the pace laps prior to the green flag of the historic 200-lap, 500-mile race.

"What better way to kick-off 'The Great American Race' than with Captain America, Chris Evans, giving the command to start engines," Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood III said. "We look forward to having him be a part of our pre-race ceremonies in front of more than one hundred thousand race fans in attendance and millions more watching on FOX as we launch the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season."
Marvel's "Captain America: The Winter Solider," directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, finds Steve Rogers aka Captain America (Chris Evans), living quietly in Washington, D.C. following the cataclysmic events in New York with The Avengers. But when a S.H.I.E.L.D. colleague comes under attack, Steve becomes embroiled in a web of intrigue that threatens to put the world at risk. When the full scope of the villainous plot is revealed, Captain America teams up with Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and enlists the help of a new ally, Falcon (Anthony Mackie). However, they soon find themselves up against an unexpected and formidable enemy--the Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan).

Based on the Marvel comic book series, first published in 1941, Marvel's "Captain America: The Winter Solider" is produced by Kevin Feige, p.g.a., with a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely.

The film is presented by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

Predecessors to Marvel's "Captain America: The Winter Solider" are "Captain America: The First Avenger" (2011) and "Marvel's The Avengers" (2012), in which Evans portrayed Captain America as well.

Evans is also set to star in "Snowpiercer," which opened as the #1 film in Korea and will be released later this year in the U.S. Additionally, Evans recently wrapped production on his directorial debut "1:30 Train," which he also stars in.

Evans joins the remarkable list of previous DAYTONA 500 Grand Marshals including John Travolta, Ben Affleck, Nicolas Cage, Kate Upton, Jane Lynch, Matthew McConaughey and James Franco.

For more information on tickets for the 56th annual DAYTONA 500 and Sprint FANZONE/Pre-Race access, race fans can go online at www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or call 1-800-PITSHOP.

Fans can follow NASCAR on Twitter (@NASCAR) and stay up to speed on the latest news by using hashtags #NASCAR, #DAYTONA500 and #ROADTODAYTONA. Stay connected with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for the latest news all season long. Fans can also follow the latest on DAYTONA Rising, the $400 million frontstretch renovation at the "World Center of Racing" by using #DAYTONARising on Twitter or visiting www.daytonarising.com.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #299
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

And suddenly my urge to watch Daytona 500 jumped up 1,000%.

I really, really need either one of Chris, ScarJo, or Anthony Mackie to host SNL too. Promoting CA:TWS would be the perfect opportunity.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #300
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
And suddenly my urge to watch Daytona 500 jumped up 1,000%.

I really, really need either one of Chris, ScarJo, or Anthony Mackie to host SNL too. Promoting CA:TWS would be the perfect opportunity.
I'd love to see Mackie host since he actually has a pretty good sense of humor and comedic timing even though he's known for his dramatic roles.

Closed Thread