The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 01:35 PM   #751
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 14

Just read what the dude wrote on IMDB. It wasn´t anything I didn´t suspect. Not even the part where he says Widows and Bucky once met. I´ve been saying that for a while and the thing about the end scenes have been brought up before. This is just a guy who has done some digging and tried to guess the story.

I don´t buy it, but if it is true I´m gonna be a little dissapointed in the movie.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #752
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
That's Ming-Na Wen who plays May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Not sure if serious.....
LOL, I wasn't being serious.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #753
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
If it was fake I don't think they would have deleted it. IMDb lets a lot of stuff go on over there, just check out the Chloe Grace Moretz message boards.

Anyway, with them deleting it and banning the user... makes me think he really did spoil it... and like someone said, he probably put that 'predicted' disclaimer to make sure he bypassed his contract thing.
I delete fake crap all the time....even if it says FAKE on it, half the people don't read that word and get up in arms about it...my job is to keep people from getting up in arms around here.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:28 PM   #754
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Fake or not, that plot summary sounds entirely plausible. I'd actually be surprised if a lot of that DIDN'T happen in the film. As I was reading it, I could see every scene shown in the trailers and tv-spots so far fitting perfectly into that story.

ゴジラ
Old 02-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #755
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Why would he even open with claiming he saw a rough cut and then just try to take that back? I mean it´s not legal and unless he´s bouncing his IP or use a VPN service located in a country that doesn´t require to give away userinfo, they´ll figure out who he is. Marvel have people who constantly look for this sort of thing, right? He doesn´t seem like a guy who is comfortable with breaking a NDA.

For me it was just a way to get attention and then in the end he kinda told us it was bogus but he added the "or is it?" thing in case what he said turned out to be right so that the attentionboy could bathe in the success of his detective work, and if Marvel checked him up they´d have nothing on him. I´ll give him credit tho because it was good detective work but I don´t think it was anything more than that.

Last edited by Mightyally; 02-22-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #756
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Well, I'm glad that I missed the troll whether he was telling the truth or not. I don't mind knowing as much as I do about the film but I have no desire to have the whole plot spoiled. There should be some surprises when one first sees a film. Though this forum will become unreadable once CATWS premieres OS because everyone who sees it will rush in to spill all of the details. Spoiler tags won't even matter. I know that from when IM3 came out and the haters were eager to spoil every second of it.

Last edited by xeno000; 02-22-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #757
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I wasn't sure if you were being serious or not.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #758
Minxie
Side-Kick

Oh I think I saw that post everyone's talking about on imdb. I read the stuff he said about the third act and it reeked of trolling, especially the part about
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Bucky and his motivations. There's no way in hell they'd do that to Bucky's character.

A lot of trolls come out of the woodwork in the weeks leading up to these big movie releases on imdb. You see posts like that all the time.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #759
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yeah, I also have a rule of thumb (do you say that?) to never take the IMDB too serious. It isn´t factual and way too many use IMDB as some sort of bulletproof source. Not that he is IMDB but obviously he´s an active member of the page.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #760
Minxie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Yeah, I also have a rule of thumb (do you say that?)
Yep, we do

Also I think somebody said this thread could use more gifs/pics earlier? Idk but I wanted to share this set I made the other day. Everyone's crying about it in the notes over there so I thought some people here might like to see it too ^__^. Under the cut:

Old 02-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #761
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Yeah, I also have a rule of thumb (do you say that?) to never take the IMDB too serious. It isn´t factual and way too many use IMDB as some sort of bulletproof source. Not that he is IMDB but obviously he´s an active member of the page.
IMDb is a troll's paradise. They infest the forums and also edit the cast lists to add actors and characters who aren't in the films. (I'm sure that's why Michelle Yeoh is listed in the CATWS cast.) As Minxie said, just before films come out there are always trolls posting "spoilers" that usually turn out to be false. Before The Avengers and Iron Man 3 the fake spoilers were particularly rife.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #762
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxie View Post
Yep, we do

Also I think somebody said this thread could use more gifs/pics earlier? Idk but I wanted to share this set I made the other day. Everyone's crying about it in the notes over there so I thought some people here might like to see it too ^__^. Under the cut:

Seriously that gif of TWS. So freaking awesomelicously, bodaciously rad and cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
IMDb is a troll's paradise. They infest the forums and also edit the cast lists to add actors and characters who aren't in the films. (I'm sure that's why Michelle Yeoh is listed in the CATWS cast.) As Minxie said, just before films come out there are always trolls posting "spoilers" that usually turn out to be false. Before The Avengers and Iron Man 3 the fake spoilers were particularly rife.
Haha!

Old 02-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #763
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Oh youuuuuuuu…

Old 02-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #764
Ultron-5
The One.

So... my favorite cap costume is still the ww2 suit. The avengers suit looked to cheap to me ans the winter soldier suit is an improvement, but it doesn't have the detail and realism that the ww2 suit had.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #765
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

If you don't know, Captain America: The First Avenger debuts on FX movie channel in a few days.

Been a long time coming. Tired of seeing IM n Thor on there.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #766
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron-5 View Post
So... my favorite cap costume is still the ww2 suit. The avengers suit looked to cheap to me ans the winter soldier suit is an improvement, but it doesn't have the detail and realism that the ww2 suit had.
You mean this one or his undercover?

Last edited by Mightyally; 02-22-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #767
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Can't wait for this flick! Especially with all the finished VFX, it's going to be glorious.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #768
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Hells yes!! As for the suits...

This one is my favourite but it just looks as if he gets another red stripe in TWS tho.
I really liked the undercover suit he has in TWS. That one is realistic. The Other suits doesn´t have to. It´s actaully part of Steve´s charm that he is old fashion and doesn´t care how he look. I love that about Cap, the guys over at Marvel have really done that well and it makes more sense now that they went with a young Cap. Imagine Cap in TFA, he is pretty young and this is just a year after that (for him).

Old 02-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #769
Ultron-5
The One.

Quote:
You mean this one or his undercover?
Undercover. Plus, why did they add an extra stripe. It makes such a difference

Old 02-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #770
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron-5 View Post
Undercover. Plus, why did they add an extra stripe. It makes such a difference
It does to some of us. The suit with the extra stripe is closer to the main suit he has been drawn as having for 73 years...and it looks closer to the suit I personally have read him wearing for over 50 years.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #771
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

C.Lee, you are a cool guy. I wish I could put that to my CV. "Been reading Captain America for 50 years".
If that was how you meant it (that you´ve been reading for 50 years) I only have 45 years to go if that´s the case!

Last edited by Mightyally; 02-22-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #772
hafizbat
Side-Kick

The gloves and boots seem to be a lighter brown this time. I like the darker gloves of the first suit, but overall I'd choose the one in TWS.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:02 PM   #773
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Three new posters spotted!
http://redderz.tumblr.com/post/77511963022/my-babies
I've got to have the Steve rogers one and the WS one on my wall! That Steve one is the best one I've seen yet.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10

Last edited by Quasimod0; 02-22-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #774
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

The trailer 2 music reminds me of Clint Mansell's score for Moon.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 02-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #775
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

I like the WWII outfit cause it's real retro and old-timey-ish, plus it stands for what Cap believes in. In TFA he tells Bucky "Ya'know... it's kinda growing on me," and that makes it seem like Steve accepts that image and he wants to represent it.

The Avengers costume was just to 'basic', although I like the fact they modernized it to fit in with the 2012 Avengers. It was... 'flashy', I guess is the word for it. But it could have been better.

As for his Stealth suit in TWS, I like it cause it looks very 'serious' and takes all the 'flashiness' out of 'Captain America'. It matches the tone and feel of the movie (from what I can tell in the trailers. Plus it lets you knowwhat type of stuff Cap's been up to.

Can't wait to see his new suit in Avengers 2! Wonder if he gets a new one or keeps his stealth/WWII suit? Let's hope Coulson doesn't have any part in it!

I hope to everything he doesn't ever get those wings sticking off of his helmet/mask. Always thought they made him look corny. And that scale-like pattern he has on his suit in the comics looks sort of weird.

Closed Thread