The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

Old 08-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
Default Heath Ledger's diary

We all knew Ledger kept a journal before and during filming of TDK to refine his performance as the Joker. But we never saw it until now.

In the documentary Too Young to Die, his father shows this diary to the camera and talks briefly about the hospital scene. (You can also see Ledger's Oscar in the background.)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

So fascinating. I know Ledger took some cues from A Clockwork Orange, but the level of notes and influences pasted in the journal are so detailed. Also like the anecdote that Heath's siblings had him dress up a nurse when he was a kid and noticed how funny he looked in it.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine Channing Tatum grinding his crotch in a human face, forever."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #2
I am Danny DeVito
Default Re: Heath Ledger's diary

Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
But we never saw it until now.\
We saw it in 2013 when the clip originally came out.

But yeah, it's a cool clip.

Originally Posted by Tom Hardy View Post
I wanted to work on that and I know the script is really ****ing alley and I also know whatís gonna happen with The Joker and Harley Quinn in that; I wonít give away too muchÖitís ****ing alley.
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:47 AM   #3
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime
Default Re: Heath Ledger's diary

Yeah it's strange this is a year and a half old, but it's just going viral now.

Anyway I spotted several Joker comic clippings including, Killing Joke, Laughing Fish, and Grant Morrison's prose Joker story in Batman #663. That's where Heath got that list of things Joker would find amusing like AIDS, blind babies, landmines etc.

He also had pics of hyenas in there.

"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote