The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #26
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
So, has the thread gotten better since I left this afternoon when Kevin Smith was ranting about Gadot again?
This is the Hype. Don't be silly.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #27
X Knight
Taking a Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
We could talk about how we want Gadot to actually play WW.

Personally, I'd like her to be a combination of badass and kindness. She might be a bit of a fish out of water too if she hasn't been away from the island much.
exactly this!

Diana should be both peacemaker/diplomat AND fierce warrior.

and I like the idea of making her more nave/innocent as someone new to the outside world.

I'm thinking of the scene in Tangled where Flynn tries to flirt/put the moves on Rapunzel and it totally goes over her head and doesn't affect her. She just brushes it off because she has no idea what he's trying to do.

I could see a similar scene where Bruce ( or maybe Lex ) tries to hit on Diana and she just totally brushes him off.

that would actually be refreshing instead of the usual "femme fatale" who knows how to use her body/sex to seduce men and get what she wants.

If Diana wants something, she'll first try diplomacy and if that doesn't work............lasso of truth!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #28
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
You know, that is a "problem" with Wonder Woman. People often expect opposite things from her, she has to be badass and aggressive in a fight but kind and loving out of it. But then, she often called a warrior for peace, stuff like that is expected.

And in the end, this is also what I want.
It may seem contrary, but I think it can be done. Just have her badass side come out when there's danger and don't have her beating on folks for no reason besides showing off.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #29
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

I'd rather they leave the innocent aspect for her own movie. In this one i would like her to have been around since WWII and known to the US government. They see her as the last line of defence against both Superman and Batman.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #30
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Diana is a jaded former diplomat of Themyscria who decides to retire the Wonder Woman mantle and become a civilian after several failed attempts at spreading peace. Her alias Diana Prince was given to her by the military after the nurse who nursed her back to health after a run-in with enemy troops in the Middle East who is killed by Ares. She later becomes a medical professional in her honor.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #31
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
exactly this!

and I like the idea of making her more nave/innocent as someone new to the outside world.

I'm thinking of the scene in Tangled where Flynn tries to flirt/put the moves on Rapunzel and it totally goes over her head and doesn't affect her. She just brushes it off because she has no idea what he's trying to do.

I could see a similar scene where Bruce ( or maybe Lex ) tries to hit on Diana and she just totally brushes him off.

that would actually be refreshing instead of the usual "femme fatale" who knows how to use her body/sex to seduce men and get what she wants.

If Diana wants something, she'll first try diplomacy and if that doesn't work............lasso of truth!!
I like it. Please no femme fatale.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #32
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

I'm trying to "Chris Benoit" the whole situation that happened on the last part of this thread today so the less people bring it up, the better.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #33
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
exactly this!

I would like this, and Gal has the right charm to come across more innocent rather than simply tough and badass.

If both Superman and Batman aren't exactly a barrel of laughs, we need a lighter character somewhere, and WW could be it. The humour could come because she is more oblivious to the ways of the Western world - a bit like in Thor.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #34
X Knight
Taking a Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
I'm trying to "Chris Benoit" the whole situation that happened on the last part of this thread today so the less people bring it up, the better.
Krispin Wah??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #35
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

No one likes my storyline.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #36
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Krispin Wah??
Benoyt?

I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #37
X Knight
Taking a Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I would like this, and Gal has the right charm to come across more innocent rather than simply tough and badass.

If both Superman and Batman aren't exactly a barrel of laughs, we need a lighter character somewhere, and WW could be it. The humour could come because she is more oblivious to the ways of the Western world - a bit like in Thor.
yes!!

and speaking of peacemaker/diplomat, I'd like to see more of that side of Superman, too.

that "aspect" of Superman needs to be developed more in the sequel, along with "civilian/DP" Clark.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #38
X Knight
Taking a Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
too "grounded in realism."

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #39
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Yes! That would be a good way to add humor without using stupid Michael Bay style jokes. Some people might whine about her being a Thor rip-off, but whatever. It would be logical for her to be unfamiliar with these things if she has just come off the island.

Quote:
yes!!

and speaking of peacemaker/diplomat, I'd like to see more of that side of Superman, too.

that "aspect" of Superman needs to be developed more in the sequel, along with "civilian/DP" Clark.
I agree.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #40
X Knight
Taking a Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Benoyt?
meow??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #41
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Not enough darkness and realizm.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #42
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
too "grounded in realism."

Old 02-17-2014, 05:40 PM   #43
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Yes! That would be a good way to add humor without using stupid Michael Bay style jokes. Some people might whine about her being a Thor rip-off, but whatever. It would be logical for her to be unfamiliar with these things if she has just come off the island.

I agree.
Only Thor fans. Not everyone else is going to make the connection, especially since WW is female. Besides, Thor could seem like a Data (from ST:TNG) rip off.

And rather than thinking of Thor, people could just as easily make comparisons between WW and Rapunzel in Tangled, or any other innocent character.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:44 PM   #44
X Knight
Taking a Break

Quote:
Only Thor fans. Not everyone else is going to make the connection, especially since WW is female. Besides, Thor could seem like a Data (from ST:TNG) rip off.

And rather than thinking of Thor, people could just as easily make comparisons between WW and Rapunzel in Tangled, or any other innocent character.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #45
X Knight
Taking a Break

what happens when Bruce has to chaperone Diana for the day and she sees a park??

Flynn = Batman
Rapunzel = WW
Rapunzel's Hair = Lasso of Truth

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #46
regwec
Shakespearo

Creepy.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:47 PM   #47
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

Hopefully people will see it that way. I'm all for them using that angle during some light-hearted scenes.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:49 PM   #48
jmc
callin' it like I see it

I don't know how Rapunzel got brought into this but she is soooooo pretty.....

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:54 PM   #49
OutOfBoose
Bat-Brain

I'd like something commanding and old-fashioned from her. Like "I challenge you, heathen!" Also, she could use some occasional irony. Something I don't recall hearing from S and B.

I just pray they can come up with something better for her, than:
-I came here to stop you;
-You're weak, <name>;
-I didn't sign up for this;
-We did it...
And stuff like that.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #50
haephestus
Side-Kick

Quote:
We could talk about how we want Gadot to actually play WW.

Personally, I'd like her to be a combination of badass and kindness. She might be a bit of a fish out of water too if she hasn't been away from the island much.
Yes. I agree. I want Wonder Woman's first response to any kind of conflict to be to try to broker peace between the two parties. I don't want Wonder Woman's first response to be to offer to decapitate people.

I want Wonder Woman's first response to a threat from an enemy to be to try and reason with the enemy in an attempt to understand the reason for their anger (within reason - obviously I wouldn't expect Wonder Woman to reason with a Bat-drone controlled by Lex Luthor). I don't want Wonder Woman's first response to be to draw her sword and attempt to hack and slash her way to a happiness.

I want Wonder Woman's primary concern in any battle to be protecting innocents. While I don't mind it if Wonder Woman "enjoys" a good battle, I don't want her to ever lose herself in violence to the extent that she forgets about the people she is fighting for (i.e. the innocents).

I want Wonder Woman to be genuinely interested in anyone who seeks to talk to her and appropriately respectful of them, whether it's a 40 year old virgin who just crawled out of his (or her) basement to get an autograph or an 8 year old girl (or boy) who wants to tell Wonder Woman that she is their favourite hero.

I want to see Wonder Woman using her fame for the "greater good" by attending charity events, visiting schools and hospitals, etc. This doesn't have to be shown on-screen, but it could be mentioned by other characters. I want Wonder Woman to support all charities (within reason), not just those focused solely on helping women (although she could perhaps be a major patron/sponsor of a charity focused on educating women).

I wouldn't mind a touch of naivety to Wonder Woman's personality, especially in her interactions with others. I want to see Wonder Woman always speak the truth and to be surprised when others do not do so.

To an extent, this will depend upon her "origin" as she shouldn't be naive if she has been in man's world for years. And I wouldn't ever want her naivety to extend to wondering about the "little people in the magical boxes" or proclaiming surprise at the "horseless carriages". Wonder Woman should be aware of the technological advances in man's world, but should be surprised by her interactions with people.

Closed Thread