The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #51
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by haephestus View Post
Yes. I agree. I want Wonder Woman's first response to any kind of conflict to be to try to broker peace between the two parties. I don't want Wonder Woman's first response to be to offer to decapitate people.

I want Wonder Woman's first response to a threat from an enemy to be to try and reason with the enemy in an attempt to understand the reason for their anger (within reason - obviously I wouldn't expect Wonder Woman to reason with a Bat-drone controlled by Lex Luthor). I don't want Wonder Woman's first response to be to draw her sword and attempt to hack and slash her way to a happiness.

I want Wonder Woman's primary concern in any battle to be protecting innocents. While I don't mind it if Wonder Woman "enjoys" a good battle, I don't want her to ever lose herself in violence to the extent that she forgets about the people she is fighting for (i.e. the innocents).

I want Wonder Woman to be genuinely interested in anyone who seeks to talk to her and appropriately respectful of them, whether it's a 40 year old virgin who just crawled out of his (or her) basement to get an autograph or an 8 year old girl (or boy) who wants to tell Wonder Woman that she is their favourite hero.

I want to see Wonder Woman using her fame for the "greater good" by attending charity events, visiting schools and hospitals, etc. This doesn't have to be shown on-screen, but it could be mentioned by other characters. I want Wonder Woman to support all charities (within reason), not just those focused solely on helping women (although she could perhaps be a major patron/sponsor of a charity focused on educating women).

I wouldn't mind a touch of naivety to Wonder Woman's personality, especially in her interactions with others. I want to see Wonder Woman always speak the truth and to be surprised when others do not do so.

To an extent, this will depend upon her "origin" as she shouldn't be naive if she has been in man's world for years. And I wouldn't ever want her naivety to extend to wondering about the "little people in the magical boxes" or proclaiming surprise at the "horseless carriages". Wonder Woman should be aware of the technological advances in man's world, but should be surprised by her interactions with people.
I really like that, especially the highlighted part. This could be a really interesting character trait and source of conflict.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:03 PM   #52
OutOfBoose
Bat-Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I don't know how Rapunzel got brought into this but she is soooooo pretty.....
Yeah, she's just . They came up with an ultimate female beauty. Both outer and inner.

Ahem... Anyway, WW.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #53
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by haephestus View Post
Yes. I agree. I want Wonder Woman's first response to any kind of conflict to be to try to broker peace between the two parties. I don't want Wonder Woman's first response to be to offer to decapitate people.

I want Wonder Woman's first response to a threat from an enemy to be to try and reason with the enemy in an attempt to understand the reason for their anger (within reason - obviously I wouldn't expect Wonder Woman to reason with a Bat-drone controlled by Lex Luthor). I don't want Wonder Woman's first response to be to draw her sword and attempt to hack and slash her way to a happiness.

I want Wonder Woman's primary concern in any battle to be protecting innocents. While I don't mind it if Wonder Woman "enjoys" a good battle, I don't want her to ever lose herself in violence to the extent that she forgets about the people she is fighting for (i.e. the innocents).
Definitely. That's what I hated about Adrianne Palicki's pipe throwing version of WW who would kill at the drop of a hat.

Quote:
I want Wonder Woman to be genuinely interested in anyone who seeks to talk to her and appropriately respectful of them, whether it's a 40 year old virgin who just crawled out of his (or her) basement to get an autograph or an 8 year old girl (or boy) who wants to tell Wonder Woman that she is their favourite hero.

I want to see Wonder Woman using her fame for the "greater good" by attending charity events, visiting schools and hospitals, etc. This doesn't have to be shown on-screen, but it could be mentioned by other characters. I want Wonder Woman to support all charities (within reason), not just those focused solely on helping women (although she could perhaps be a major patron/sponsor of a charity focused on educating women).

I wouldn't mind a touch of naivety to Wonder Woman's personality, especially in her interactions with others. I want to see Wonder Woman always speak the truth and to be surprised when others do not do so.

To an extent, this will depend upon her "origin" as she shouldn't be naive if she has been in man's world for years. And I wouldn't ever want her naivety to extend to wondering about the "little people in the magical boxes" or proclaiming surprise at the "horseless carriages". Wonder Woman should be aware of the technological advances in man's world, but should be surprised by her interactions with people.
Same here. I want to see that princess side of her. Make her like Princess Diana (of Wales) who was considered "the people's princess". Everyone loved her because of her compassion and how she even valued the little people despite being royalty. She didn't want everything to be so stuffy and full of royal conventions.

There has to be that caring side of WW who doesn't have to have this tough ***** face all the time to show she's a warrior.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #54
p4poetic
Side-Kick

Has this WW quote been posted?

http://www.amazonarchives.com/wonwm25.htm

We have a saying, my people. "Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it."

This is basically Wonder Woman.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #55
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
So, has the thread gotten better since I left this afternoon when Kevin Smith was ranting about Gadot again?
Again? I don't ever remember talking about Gadot much before. Eisenberg, yes, Gadon't, no.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #56
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4poetic View Post

We have a saying, my people. "Donít kill if you can wound, donít wound if you can subdue, donít subdue if you can pacify, and donít raise your hand at all until youíve first extended it."

Yes it is and that's a beautiful quote. I think it would suit a mature superman too.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #57
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:

We have a saying, my people. "Donít kill if you can wound, donít wound if you can subdue, donít subdue if you can pacify, and donít raise your hand at all until youíve first extended it."

Too much to remember. I prefer "I'm Batman".

Old 02-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #58
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:

We have a saying, my people. "Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it."

That almost sounds like the Shaolin creed, which has been adapted to the Amazons, and was plagiarised by Yoda in Revenge of the Sith and used by Master Kan in the David Caradine "Kung Fu" TV series in the 1970s:

"Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy: Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious, nor can any be replaced."

Old 02-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #59
BatFleck2016
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
I'm trying to "Chris Benoit" the whole situation that happened on the last part of this thread today so the less people bring it up, the better.
Why would you wanna CHRIS JERICHO the entire situation? I mean, he's a good wrestler.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:06 PM   #60
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Again? I don't ever remember talking about Gadot much before. Eisenberg, yes, Gadon't, no.
Always looking for little ways to get your complaining into your posts huh?

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: Thatís the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, weíll always be friends.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #61
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Kevin Smith is just an out an out troll, do what I did and put him on ignore.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #62
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.

Wondie should take joy in battle, that must be there.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #63
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:

Is it, though? I admit I'm not well-versed with the lore, but I do know enough that Wonder Woman is far from a pacifist herself.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #64
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
Is it, though? I admit I'm not well-versed with the lore, but I do know enough that Wonder Woman is far from a pacifist herself.
Wonder Woman should be like the typical soldier...praying for peace, preparing for war.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 02-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #65
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Wonder Woman should be like the typical soldier...praying for peace, preparing for war.
That's a more fitting mantra to live by. The other one, while beautifully composed, seems rather contradictory to her actions in the comics. Almost as bad as Nolan's "I'm no executioner/I have one rule/No guns" trio of hypocrisy.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #66
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Kevin Smith is just an out an out troll, do what I did and put him on ignore.
I really just should at this point.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: Thatís the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, weíll always be friends.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #67
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
I want WW to be VERY selective about who she kills. It'd be great if she just KO'd random gaurds, and spared a villain's life to "make an example" out of him

When she finally kills some EVIL character, it should be shocking, but not feel out of place.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #68
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
That's the mantra I've known her for.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #69
roach
I am the night

I live by the same creed

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 02-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #70
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I don't think Kevin Smith is a villain here. And I certainly don't think anyone that proposes everyone block him for having a sense of humor they disagree with is a hero either.

Yeah Part 8 of this thread got ugly. The WW action figure idea was pretty cringeworthy. But just disagree with people and move on. We're talking about a fictional character. This isn't congress.

I'm not sure how I feel about WW killing. I'd rather she didn't. We've already had Superman do it when left with no choice.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #71
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Always looking for little ways to get your complaining into your posts huh?
I thought it was funny. Sorry if it bothered you that much.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #72
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Yes it is and that's a beautiful quote. I think it would suit a mature superman too.
I like that quote and philosophy for WW.

and, yes, it would suit Superman, as well.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #73
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
That's the mantra I've known her for.
Off topic, but I just read the article in your sig. That was a very interesting reading; thanks!

Old 02-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #74
X Knight
Saber Class

WW should follow the Brock Lesnar creed:

Eat
Sleep
Conquer
Repeat

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #75
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I don't think Kevin Smith is a villain here. And I certainly don't think anyone that proposes everyone block him for having a sense of humor they disagree with is a hero either.
It's just kind of immature to me. Besides, if there were someone I disliked on the boards I'd want to be able to see their posts in case they said something about me so I could defend myself or view or whatever. People just say this stuff to act all superior or whatever, then let a poster know that they blocked him in a thread they know the poster is in just because they know that person can't say anything back to them. Their way of getting the last word in. All silly, but no one's opinion or sense of humor on any board ever has ever bothered me enough to block them or encourage users to participate in a board wide boycott, and there have been a lot of irritants on message boards in my day. I just respect their views and live and let live. There's really nothing short of a personal attack that anyone could say that would bother me enough to want to block or demand someone be banned. It's not worth it and I really don't wish any poster anywhere any ill. This is just as much their escape as mine. I'm too interested in seeing what people have to say, no matter how much I disagree with them. Some people on here are all to eager to label everyone who they disagree with or dislikes a casting or info a troll when that's not the case. We just dislike it, and are arguing or debating about why we dislike it with the people telling us we should.

Quote:
Yeah Part 8 of this thread got ugly. The WW action figure idea was pretty cringeworthy. But just disagree with people and move on. We're talking about a fictional character. This isn't congress.

I'm not sure how I feel about WW killing. I'd rather she didn't. We've already had Superman do it when left with no choice.
Thanks for being objective about it.

Also I'm not really keen on WW killing but I'd kind of rather seen her do it than Superman.... but I thought it's what Superman should have done in the situation they tried to put him in in MOS but they just could have went about executing it and developing it much better, but the same could be said for much of the movie, IMO, so I guess it's just par for the course.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 02-17-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Closed Thread