The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 02-19-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Default Metropolis look in Superman/Batman

I liked what Snyder did to Metropolis in MOS. A little futuristic but a big and realistic city.
Due to the fact that part of the city was damaged by the MOS events.
I'd like to think that Metropolis will look a little different and even more futuristic in some areas due to coug Lex Luthor Coug.
Remember this pic?

What do you want Metropolis to look like?
The same as Man of Steel, slightly different or a considerable change?

Old 02-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
The_Harvest
Banned User

Default Re: Metropolis look in Superman/Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
I liked what Snyder did to Metropolis in MOS. A little futuristic but a big and realistic city.
I'd like to think that Metropolis will look a little different and even more futuristic in some areas due to coug Lex Luthor Coug.
Remember this pic?

They can't change the look of the city if they want to stay consistent. But you never know.

The_Harvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
Leevor
Side-Kick

That day was not a day we will soon forget. This great city, the shining jewel of America's progress, suffered a grievous wound, an attack by beings beyond our understanding. It was a day of mourning. A day of uncertainty. As we buried our families and our friends, we wondered if we would bury the city as well. If the scars of that day would ever heal. That day, we did not have the answers to those questions.

Today, we do. You need only to look out your window. We have shouldered the burden of restoration, of resurrecting this city from its deathbed. Metropolis stand defiant against any that would harm it, from within or without. Metropolis stands strong so that no force may again threaten it. Metropolis stands shining, ready to fight back for its future.

Fellow citizens of Metropolis, LexCorp welcomes you to the City of Tommorow.

Excuse the terrible writing, it was just something I had kicking around in my head for a while. Had to sell the idea somehow.

Leevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
LEVITIKUZ
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

It should look like New Year but after Zod, it's now Detroit.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
TheFirstAvenger
Marvel/Dc fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevor View Post

I like this, but I can't see them making that drastic of a change from Man of Steel.

TheFirstAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #6
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirstAvenger View Post
I like this, but I can't see them making that drastic of a change from Man of Steel.
I like the idea of Metropolis becoming futuristic looking as a result of the restoration they've done. Having Lex be very good for the community, only for the motives to be self-centered would be very jarring to see.

I think most people are used to a stealth-vigilante real estate agent, rather than a benefactor with a double life. Seeing Luthor's influence be helpful to Metropolis might throw audiences off a little bit

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #7
TheFirstAvenger
Marvel/Dc fan

That'd be awesome, i'd like see a futuristic metropolis! I'm just not convinced that's the direction they're going.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #8
John-An

Quote:
That day was not a day we will soon forget. This great city, the shining jewel of America's progress, suffered a grievous wound, an attack by beings beyond our understanding. It was a day of mourning. A day of uncertainty. As we buried our families and our friends, we wondered if we would bury the city as well. If the scars of that day would ever heal. That day, we did not have the answers to those questions.

Today, we do. You need only to look out your window. We have shouldered the burden of restoration, of resurrecting this city from its deathbed. Metropolis stand defiant against any that would harm it, from within or without. Metropolis stands strong so that no force may again threaten it. Metropolis stands shining, ready to fight back for its future.

Excuse the terrible writing, it was just something I had kicking around in my head for a while. Had to sell the idea somehow.
Good concept. I think they're gonna change it a little bit. and Lex Luthor will have to do with this.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #9
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

I really hated what we saw of Metropolis in MoS. Granted we didn't see much but what we did see looked like a bland boring mish mash of Chicago and Toronto.

I still think the best production design for a city is Batman Begins. The trains and the narrows had so much character.

HERESY!
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:22 PM   #10
John-An

Something like this would be fine!!! Imagine that tower being Lexcorp.

Last edited by John-An; 02-19-2014 at 07:27 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:06 PM   #11
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirstAvenger View Post
That'd be awesome, i'd like see a futuristic metropolis! I'm just not convinced that's the direction they're going.
they have the perfect excuse to rebuild some areas that were destroyed and could be rebuilded by Lexy in a more futuristic way...

Old 02-20-2014, 12:16 AM   #12
TheFirstAvenger
Marvel/Dc fan

Quote:
they have the perfect excuse to rebuild some areas that were destroyed and could be rebuilded by Lexy in a more futuristic way...
I know, I Hope that's what they decide to do.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:42 AM   #13
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

This is what I originally wanted. But MOS's Metropolis didn't seem to have much character. Although, we didn't see much of it before the calamity started.

MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:27 AM   #14
Bigjxxx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Remember this pic?

John you beat me to it. I assume you based it off of my Gotham thread. I think Metropolis should be more futuristic/bright.

Bigjxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:56 AM   #15
godisawesome
Side-Kick

I say on odd mishmash of neo-futuristic buildings under construction by both LexCorp and Wayne Enterprises, just perpetually rising in the background throughout the film, while vast parts of the city look like Detroit thanks to the battle. Just imagine a section of rubble and ruin where Batman and Superman have their own confrontation, then the movie ends with the final touches on a massive, monolithic Lex Towers, something that would look ostentatious in Dubai, and it ends with Lex and Superman having a classic verbal showdown hundred of feet above the rest of the city.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #16
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick

I'm banking on cranes. Lots of cranes.

Unbreakable Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #17
geetard
In Tsujihara We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable Lex View Post
I'm banking on cranes. Lots of cranes.
And during the final battle, a wounded Batman will glide from crane to crane to get to Lex's bulding rooftop.

geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #18
TheFirstAvenger
Marvel/Dc fan

Old 02-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #19
Bigjxxx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
This is what I originally wanted. But MOS's Metropolis didn't seem to have much character. Although, we didn't see much of it before the calamity started.

I would like to see that mix in with Bruce Timm's designs.

Bigjxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #20
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjxxx View Post
John you beat me to it. I assume you based it off of my Gotham thread. I think Metropolis should be more futuristic/bright.
Yeah it was based from the thread of yours. I think it should be more futuristic but at the same time realistic.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #21
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:

We all hope it looks like this a true city of tomorrow but we know it wont be.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #22
Loki882
Side-Kick

This is Zack Snyder. If anyone is going to go out of his way to make a cool-looking city, it's him.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #23
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Yeah, continuity takes a back seat here. Metropolis deserves more character, and since Supes and his "friends" destroyed a big chunk of it, why not go for it? Go for a more "City of Tomorrow" vibe, courtesy of Lexcorp.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #24
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
This is Zack Snyder. If anyone is going to go out of his way to make a cool-looking city, it's him.
NO!!!!!! him not!!!!! ... Lex Luthor

Last edited by John-An; 02-21-2014 at 09:38 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:28 PM   #25
John-An