The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 05-07-2015, 05:43 AM   #1
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Default We have found four Infinity Stones

When Thor talks to Stark about the Infinity Stones, he mentions four. The audience knows four: The Tesseract, the Aether, the Orb, and the Scepter, but the Avengers only know three. Now its possible Thor saw it in his vision (not sure that makes things much better since he still doesn't know who the Guardians are), but Tony should have at least been somewhat confused.

Should we chalk this up as an inconsistency or can it be explained? Do I get a No-Prize?

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:20 AM   #2
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Default Re: We have found four Infinity Stones

I watched it again and when Thor enters the Waters of Sight he clearly has a vision of the Power Stone along with the Tesseract, the Aether and the Mind Stone. He doesn't need to know who the Guardians are. All he knows is that there are four stones. As far as Tony not acting confused Tony wouldn't likely have known about the Aether either so basically he just needs to trust Thor on this stuff.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:20 AM   #3
ctsketch
Side-Kick

He saw the fourth stone in his vision. No inconsistency there

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:41 AM   #4
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
I watched it again and when Thor enters the Waters of Sight he clearly has a vision of the Power Stone along with the Tesseract, the Aether and the Mind Stone. He doesn't need to know who the Guardians are. All he knows is that there are four stones. As far as Tony not acting confused Tony wouldn't likely have known about the Aether either so basically he just needs to trust Thor on this stuff.
Agreed.

1) Avengers Age of Ultron 2) Guardians of the Galaxy 3) The Avengers 4) Thor: The Dark World 5) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 6) Iron Man 7) Thor 8) Iron Man 2 9) The Incredible Hulk 10) Captain America: The First Avenger 11) Iron Man 3
The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #5
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Yeah, regardless of how it was used, he saw the power stone in his vision, thus knows about it

I guess the better question would be how does he know there's two more, when "time" and "soul" were not included in his vision
did he see the full gauntlet? i forget

http://kevdeez.deviantart.com/gallery/26221015/Comic
PSN ID: KevDoud
Destiny Players Welcome!
BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #6
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Yeah, regardless of how it was used, he saw the power stone in his vision, thus knows about it

I guess the better question would be how does he know there's two more, when "time" and "soul" were not included in his vision
did he see the full gauntlet? i forget
I have to see it again but yes I believe he does.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:28 AM   #7
Picard Stewart
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
When Thor talks to Stark about the Infinity Stones, he mentions four. The audience knows four: The Tesseract, the Aether, the Orb, and the Scepter, but the Avengers only know three. Now its possible Thor saw it in his vision (not sure that makes things much better since he still doesn't know who the Guardians are), but Tony should have at least been somewhat confused.

Should we chalk this up as an inconsistency or can it be explained? Do I get a No-Prize?
You're on point. Makes no sense unless Thor knows about the events of GOTG and hasn't told the Avengers.

Perhaps The Collector reached out to Asgard after GOTG and told them someone was after The Power Gem.

Picard Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:39 AM   #8
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Stewart View Post
You're on point. Makes no sense unless Thor knows about the events of GOTG and hasn't told the Avengers.

Perhaps The Collector reached out to Asgard after GOTG and told them someone was after The Power Gem.
No he saw the four stones in the vision. It's in the movie.