The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #76
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
It's odd, isn't it? My initial reaction was "nah, that won't work. Too different." But the more I look at it, the more I like it. It's an odd fusion of ancient and futuristic.
Yes I have more of a love/hate relationship with it than I do my last actual relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 02-25-2014, 12:09 AM   #77
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Well... I don't hate it, that's for sure. The general concept is pretty strong. Maybe the only thing I would change is the color scheme. Call me an old fogey but... Sorry, WW wears red, white, blue and gold/yellow. I don't like this current version of having her in silver or gun metal gray. Make those parts that are silver/gray be a combo of yellow, bronze and gold and I would give this my personal stamp of approval in a heartbeat.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #78
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:

What do you think of this suit in live action?
credits to tsbranch
That is absolutely awful. It pretty much systematically destroys every solid visual of the existing concept for the Wonder Woman design.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 02-25-2014, 12:23 AM   #79
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
That is absolutely awful. It pretty much systematically destroys every solid visual of the existing concept for the Wonder Woman design.
Hahahahah... you're kinda right. But I do like the way they incorporated the blue into the design. I probably just like it because it's something new and it's in keeping with her origins.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:24 AM   #80
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
No.. Please. Don't hold back. Tell us what you REALLY think.

I disagree, I find it recognizable as a version of WW, myself and I see what the artist is going for, and I think it would work as a live action version of the character. But that's just my taste.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:42 AM   #81
The Guard
Side-Kick

It's a mess of design elements that aren't only not visually pleasing, but don't mesh well together. And what's with the hairband of truth?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 02-25-2014, 12:59 AM   #82
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's a mess of design elements that aren't only not visually pleasing, but don't mesh well together. And what's with the hairband of truth?
Like I said, it's just my taste, but I actually like the idea of the lasso being used to braid her hair, or actually be integrated in some way with the armor/costume. But again, those are just my druthers.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:05 AM   #83
OutOfBoose
Bat-Brain

Quote:

What do you think of this suit in live action?
credits to tsbranch
Horrible on almost all accounts. Dirty colors; ornaments, lines and motives don't make any sense; bath towel skirt...

Old 02-25-2014, 01:09 AM   #84
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I not saying I want this as the WW live action outfit, but I get a Hemmsworth THOR vibe from the overall design and the small details, and I think they got it right with Thor in the MCU.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:13 AM   #85
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I don't mind that outfit either, Krypton.

\S/T*
Old 02-25-2014, 01:24 AM   #86
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't mind that outfit either, Krypton.
Yeah, I don't hate it and I could see how this could be in a top 10 or so pick. Again, I'm not totally in love with it, but I won't mind if this is what we get. I will again bang the drum that WW should have quite a few outfits in this or any live action version. I liked that she wore multiple get ups in the DTV, even if she wore the classic comic outfit for most of her screen time and the other things she wore were not in the WW motif.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:30 AM   #87
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I think how many outfits she has will depend on how much screen time she's given. Superman had multiple outfits in MOS for different situations. If we see WW doing different things, it only makes sense for her to have multiple outfits.

\S/T*
Old 02-25-2014, 01:36 AM   #88
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think how many outfits she has will depend on how much screen time she's given. Superman had multiple outfits in MOS for different situations. If we see WW doing different things, it only makes sense for her to have multiple outfits.
You got it MrsK. Seeing as Batman and Superman seem to be the headliners here, with our knowledge of how she fits into things right now being limited, it's not totally out of the question to think that we may only see WW in costume for a short period and mayhaps in some kind of non armor/costume get up, I think anyway.

I just think that ye olde Invisible Jet should be her mobile base of operations and that inside it's got quit the closet space, so she has a wardrobe that extends past her "superhero" costume.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:45 AM   #89
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
You got it MrsK. Seeing as Batman and Superman seem to be the headliners here, with our knowledge of how she fits into things right now being limited, it's not totally out of the question to think that we may only see WW in costume for a short period and mayhaps in some kind of non armor/costume get up, I think anyway.

I just think that ye olde Invisible Jet should be her mobile base of operations and that inside it's got quit the closet space, so she has a wardrobe that extends past her "superhero" costume.
I'm not actually that fond of the invisible jet (I know, I know). It's just a bit too much for me. But I'm on board for multiple costumes as the story allows.

\S/T*
Old 02-25-2014, 01:54 AM   #90
Leevor
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not actually that fond of the invisible jet (I know, I know). It's just a bit too much for me. But I'm on board for multiple costumes as the story allows.
I'm all for the jet as long as they can make it work. Magical flying transport given to her by Hermes, maybe?

Old 02-25-2014, 01:54 AM   #91
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Different strokes and all that MrsK. They could leave it out, and I won't shed a tear. I mean, the Post Crisis WW I collected back in the day didn't need it, so there's no problem with not having it on film for me. But I do think it couldn't hurt either. It helps to give her a base, so that in many ways to the outside world she is a mystery ect. Leave having an Amazonian consulate, or diplomatic mission for later films. And like I said, when she busts out some magical weapon or new armor or the like we don't have to have a scene of her flying back home to get it. But I totally understand people not wanting the "cheesy" connotations that the jet brings up to be any where in a modern WW on film.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:00 AM   #92
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevor View Post
I'm all for the jet as long as they can make it work. Magical flying transport given to her by Hermes, maybe?
I think for WW it's ok to blend fantasy magic and fantasy Scifi, so if they come up with the idea that it's a transport Diana and her fellow Amazons came up with off the top of their heads while preparing WW for her mission to the outside world, I think the audience will buy it. I mean, the invisible part can even work thematically. I mean, she's lived on Earth here whole life, it's just been under the protection of Olympian power so as to be unseen by "Man's world". At first she may feel more comfortable someplace that is also unseen by the world at large.

I like how they presented it in Matt Wagner's TRINITY mini. I especially loved Batman's analysis of it. He was impressed and immediately thought to himself "I want one too."

Old 02-25-2014, 02:12 AM   #93
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I think the jet just has too high of a cheese/implausibility factor for me. I understand that this movie has a flying man and other crazy stuff in it, but the jet is still too much for me. I have nothing against it for cartoon adaptations, but for this movie, I don't think it fits.

\S/T*
Old 02-25-2014, 02:13 AM   #94
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Never been a fan of the jet. All she needs is her flying, lasso, bracelets and sword. Done.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-25-2014, 02:23 AM   #95
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

There was an invisible jet in Thor TDW

Old 02-25-2014, 02:29 AM   #96
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think the jet just has too high of a cheese/implausibility factor for me. I understand that this movie has a flying man and other crazy stuff in it, but the jet is still too much for me. I have nothing against it for cartoon adaptations, but for this movie, I don't think it fits.
I'd rather have it than her have the ability to fly. Nothing is wrong with a jet with super stealth capabilities. She could even have it as her own private jet if she is actually going to be a diplomat from Themyscira. (this ties in with the UN rumor) Normal looking until she needs it to be "invisible".

of course the public knowing of Themyscira might take us out of the "grounded in reality" aspect we're probably expecting but you either have to embrace it or run away from it. Just like Atlantis. Marvel made it work with Asgard and the other realms. They never really dealt with the fallout of public perception of Asgard and the whole "hole in the sky raining aliens out of it" in Thor 2. They just embraced it and went on never bothering to explain it really.

Last edited by Charlatan; 02-25-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:33 AM   #97
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I'd rather have it than her have the ability to fly. Nothing is wrong with a jet with super stealth capabilities. She could even have it as her own private jet if she is actually going to be a diplomat from Themyscira. (this ties in with the UN rumor) Normal looking until she needs it to be "invisible".
I have the opposite view. I don't really want her to fly, but I'd rather her do that than use the jet. To me, the jet clashes with her Amazonian roots.

\S/T*
Old 02-25-2014, 02:34 AM   #98
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I don't necessarily think it clashes with her roots. As long as the design feels Themysiciran, it should fit stylistically.

The same thing that makes Themysicra able to go invisible makes their vehicles able to go invisible as well.

The same technology/magic that lets WW fly lets her vehicles fly.

But whatever. I'd totally be fine with no jet either. A lot of the comic interpretations opted out (New 52 included).

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-25-2014 at 02:42 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:37 AM   #99
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Just saying but I could see the invisibility tech that the Amazon's posses as tying into her costuming even to a certain degree. Imagine, its the finale of the film. WW looks to be confronting the villainess/villains alone in their stronghold that she seems to have just magically appeared in. She give the villains one last chance to surrender. They are impressed that she somehow found a way into their presence, but other wise balk at her demand. Diana lets them know that was their last chance. Suddenly a legion of Amazon's surround the villain's and their forces/henchmen. We see that they have armor/cloaks/capes making them invisible. This is how Diana just appeared and now the Warrior Princess has an army to lead so she can rain Hades down on her enemies. Just a thought.

Oh, and DC/WB get's to sell WW action figures in "Inviso Armor" or what ever.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:57 AM   #100
Leevor
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I don't necessarily think it clashes with her roots. As long as the design feels Themysiciran, it should fit stylistically.

The same thing that makes Themysicra able to go invisible makes their vehicles able to go invisible as well.

The same technology/magic that lets WW fly lets her vehicles fly.

But whatever. I'd totally be fine with no jet either. A lot of the comic interpretations opted out (New 52 included).
This, basically. It doesn't have to be the fighter jet from Superfriends. I'd be fine with something like this, with maybe a lot less sci-fi, a lot more magical and ornate.

Closed Thread