The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 03:11 AM   #101
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Default Re: The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 4

I think a cool vehicle would be something takes inspiration from both the Trojan Horse and the Eagle of Zeus.

Built by Hephaestus (made from some kind of metal, wood, stone and/or marble), to work with the boots which have blessed by Hermes.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

It flies via some crazy magic, not electricity and wires. I think a cool operating system would be similar to District 9, where the pilot places their hands into two pools water and controls the vehicle with their mind or something.

Or perhaps two large stone spheres that spin, like those old computer mouses with the giant red scrolling ball.

But riding an actual Eagle or Pegasus would also be pretty damn cool.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-25-2014 at 06:12 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:12 AM   #102
anonomissx
Testy chick from Vegas

this was my quick and scribbled sketch in between...stuff at work. Taking into account Gal's body type and shape, and that she is working out, I thought a cute pair of soft leather shorts in blue, with a white cuff and cut out design. I had a side shot with the hip areas showing a laced up effect but that sketch went missing.

Her shoulders are protected by red armor, which also connects to the bustier, making it logical that it wouldn't fall down while still looking like WW. I tried in passing to make it look like a cross between the eagle and the "WW" versions. I wish I had connected the belt to the bustier armor area now that I look at it. Please forgive the terrible job on the forearms and the bracelets

I think it looks like Gal Gadot and the way she would be walking, and how her legs and caboose will look after all that working out and then a few bowls of ice cream. And I prefer the boots are the classic red with white

Last edited by anonomissx; 02-25-2014 at 03:14 AM. Reason: truth, justice, and clarity
Old 02-25-2014, 03:19 AM   #103
anonomissx
Testy chick from Vegas

Heart Re: The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevor View Post
This, basically. It doesn't have to be the fighter jet from Superfriends. I'd be fine with something like this, with maybe a lot less sci-fi, a lot more magical and ornate.

That frikin' rocks! I don't know though, how it would fit in with Wonder Woman, a bit too different from her aesthetic...something simpler?

edit....Oh NOW I get it...the top is a seat, I thought the seat part or parts were behind the animals...boy does that change your perspective of how big it is compared to the body of the person supposed to be riding ON it!

Last edited by anonomissx; 02-25-2014 at 03:21 AM. Reason: well I can be an idiot on the internet...
Old 02-25-2014, 04:52 AM   #104
Leevor
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I think a cool vehicle would be something takes inspiration from both the Trojan Horse and the Eagle of Zeus.

Built by Hephaestus (made from some kind of metal, wood, stone and/or marble), to work with the boots which have blessed by Hermes.

But riding an actual Eagle or Pegasus would also be pretty damn cool.
Maybe it could be the actual Eagle of Zeus. It's already been described as an automaton in myth, making it a magical transport/war machine is just a few steps away.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:10 AM   #105
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevor View Post
Maybe it could be the actual Eagle of Zeus. It's already been described as an automaton in myth, making it a magical transport/war machine is just a few steps away.
Perfect!

Old 02-25-2014, 06:21 AM   #106
haephestus
Side-Kick

Re: Jet

I'm happy for the invisible jet to be included, if the story requires it.

But, I'm also happy for Wonder Woman to have the ability to fly. IF the jet is included, then I hope that it is "explained" as simply being Steve Trevor's jet which he crashed on Themyscira which was repaired and updated by the Amazons with their own technology, including technological (or magical) invisibility.

Wonder Woman can use the invisible jet when travelling with others who cannot fly (e.g. when returning Steve to the US), when she needs to move without being detected and when she wants to conserve her energy during what would otherwise be a long flight.

I don't think there will be any need to include the invisible jet in MOS2. Maybe in Justice League (to transport The Flash, Batman and Cyborg) or in a solo Wonder Woman film.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:32 AM   #107
SofNascimento
Banned User

No invisible jet, for the love of the gods.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:21 AM   #108
Sterling Archer
Worlds Greatest Super Spy

If they do have the invisible jet, would people be against it being built for her by Batman? He could have built it based on Kryptonian tech found after the battle.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #109
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

There is no need to drag Krypton tech or Batman into creating an iconic peice of WW's mythos. Not to mention... BATMAN CAN NOW REVERSE ENGINEER ALIEN TECH? When did he become Mr. Fantastic?

Old 02-25-2014, 08:31 AM   #110
SofNascimento
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
There is no need to drag Krypton tech or Batman into creating an iconic peice of WW's mythos. Not to mention... BATMAN CAN NOW REVERSE ENGINEER ALIEN TECH? When did he become Mr. Fantastic?
I don't know, decades ago?

Old 02-25-2014, 08:32 AM   #111
SofNascimento
Banned User

Anyway, the new52 in which Diana still dresses like a stripper already ditched the Invisible Jet, so I see no reason for it to be in the film.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #112
JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonomissx View Post
this was my quick and scribbled sketch in between...stuff at work. Taking into account Gal's body type and shape, and that she is working out, I thought a cute pair of soft leather shorts in blue, with a white cuff and cut out design. I had a side shot with the hip areas showing a laced up effect but that sketch went missing.

Her shoulders are protected by red armor, which also connects to the bustier, making it logical that it wouldn't fall down while still looking like WW. I tried in passing to make it look like a cross between the eagle and the "WW" versions. I wish I had connected the belt to the bustier armor area now that I look at it. Please forgive the terrible job on the forearms and the bracelets

I think it looks like Gal Gadot and the way she would be walking, and how her legs and caboose will look after all that working out and then a few bowls of ice cream. And I prefer the boots are the classic red with white
She needs more than a few bowls of ice cream if she's ever going to grow her left leg back.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:
Iron-Man: 7.5
The Incredible Hulk: 5.5
Iron-Man 2: 4
Thor: 5
Captain America: 6.5
The Avengers: 8
Iron-Man 3: 6
Thor 2: 5
Captain America 2: 7
Guardians of the Galaxy: 7.5

DCU CBM Ratings:
Man of Steel: 5

Old 02-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #113
anonomissx
Testy chick from Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
She needs more than a few bowls of ice cream if she's ever going to grow her left leg back.

It was a QUICK little picture, done with pens you can find in an office. What do you think of the parts that made it ???

Old 02-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #114
JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonomissx View Post
It was a QUICK little picture, done with pens you can find in an office. What do you think of the parts that made it ???
Haha, I was just kidding man. I like it. But I think they're going to have to modernize it MOS style. Otherwise it's going to fail just like the pilot episode of Wonder Woman did. But hey, if they can make Thor into a movie they shouldn't have a problem bringing Wonder Woman to the screen.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:

DCU CBM Ratings:

Old 02-25-2014, 01:06 PM   #115
Spamtron
THE MAN

I dig many elements of this one... change out the curtain-skirt for battle-spat-skirt and it would be really solid.

Also digging the Amazonian tech chariot idea posted by Leevor... as long as it's powered by an energy source and not "magic." I'd rather this chariot-ish idea over a jet or her flying... and man if that had a cloaking ability too, it would make for the bee's knees!

Old 02-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #116
Sterling Archer
Worlds Greatest Super Spy

What do people think of this?

Last edited by Sterling Archer; 02-25-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #117
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Now THAT is a prudish design

It'd be like throwing a kilt over Steve Rodger's army pants. Sure, it's more practical for her arms to be covered, but does that look as bold and masculine?

Yes, I think WW has a masculine side. I also think that CK has a bit of a feminine side

Old 02-25-2014, 02:10 PM   #118
batboy99
BTVS

Ive always hated the baggy boots. Like.... Why? It's not very aesthetically pleasing.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #119
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Because feet are too SEXUAL. Tight boots will ignite the flames of any feet fetishist who dares to witness W-W flashing her barely covered ankles and toes

Old 02-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #120
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I like nothing on that design.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #121
anonomissx
Testy chick from Vegas

Speaking as a woman...

It's way too much "Armor over my Gym Sweats" WW. And Gal Gadot doesn't need to be changed that much. She has demonstrated on her twitter and Facebook that besides having the required toughness, she is a girlie girl that likes being pretty.

Edit: I do like the abs-effect belt with the side hinges, and the bustier/shoulder armor design. I don't think the baggy boots would work on Gal. The armor pieces over the classic design would work well.

Last edited by anonomissx; 02-25-2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Always say something nice
Old 02-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #122
JOE

The baggy boots look Goku-ish from Dragonball-Z.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:

DCU CBM Ratings:

Old 02-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #123
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamtron View Post
I dig many elements of this one... change out the curtain-skirt for battle-spat-skirt and it would be really solid.
I don't like it. And is that her lasso in her hair?

Last edited by geetard; 02-25-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #124
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamtron View Post
Also digging the Amazonian tech chariot idea posted by Leevor... as long as it's powered by an energy source and not "magic." I'd rather this chariot-ish idea over a jet or her flying... and man if that had a cloaking ability too, it would make for the bee's knees!
Did you watch Thor 2?

I'd rather avoid the comparison. Wonder Woman has been flying for a long while.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:36 PM   #125
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

MAGIC, DAMMIT!

Closed Thread