The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Books and Music

Old 04-06-2014, 01:30 AM   #26
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow

Default Re: 2014 Rock Roll Hall Of Fame

Hooo boy...either Paul Stanley's ire is a publicity stunt or he's really mad at the Hall of Fame. Either way this is going to be the most contentious, drama filled induction ever.

https://music.yahoo.com/news/rock-ha...ing-stone.html

- Cheaters fail at life.

"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself." -Charles de Gaulle
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:31 AM   #27
vantheman77
Side-Kick

I've predicted from the beginning that if KISS were to be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, the original KISS lineup would not play but will accept the induction at best. I was right. Only the original KISS lineup are being inducted and it was the HoF's decision to choose the original lineup because they created the name, makeup, costumes, stage shows, and made live albums look cool and relevant. They also stated that Tommy and Eric are wearing the same makeup that Ace and Peter created and are singing the same songs that Ace and Peter helped created.

What's going to happen is that all the inductees will have their acceptance speech for 2-3 minutes maximum and only the inductees will be onstage. In the case of KISS, it will be the original lineup. They will make their speeches in this order - Gene, Ace, Peter, and Paul.

Tom Morello of Rage Against The Machine will be inducting KISS.

Also, the original KISS lineup will sit in the same table and each inductee gets to invite one guest each. Additional guests being invited will have to be paid by the inductees. The original KISS lineup, Bruce Kulick, Eric Singer, Tommy Thayer, rock radio show host Eddie Trunk, and Ace's girlfriend will be at the same table so far. Kulick, Singer, and Thayer are invited by Paul and Gene. Eddie Trunk is invited by Ace and Peter.

Paul and Gene did not handle the situation with the HoF very well, but Ace and Peter have as they didn't say much. As of late, Paul has been making very negative comments towards everyone - Gene, Ace, Peter, and the HoF.

As for no KISS performance, here's what happened - the HoF wanted the reunion of the original lineup to perform in makeup. Ace and Peter accepted, but Paul and Gene shot it down. Paul and Gene wanted to perform with the current lineup in makeup and have Ace and Peter guest-in for a song without makeup. Ace, Peter, and the HoF shot it down. Paul and Gene wanted all KISS members to perform and the HoF also shot it down. Then Ace got on Eddie Trunk's radio show to reveal the news that the original KISS lineup would not perform and warn ticket buyers of that. Peter made his statement and Paul and Gene made theirs telling the public that there will be no performance of any lineup at the HoF.

In addition to the HoF, KISS have finally made their first-ever cover on the Rolling Stone magazine after 40 years. The magazine is trying to make up of lost time by putting out many KISS stories as they could.

Ace Frehley has also announced the release of his new album, Space Invader, on June 24 of this year. 9 new original songs and a cover of the Steve Miller song, The Joker.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #28
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow

I don't know about the rest of you but considering Ace'a personality and the fact that he's such a character I'm looking forward to Ace's speech the most. I believe he told Eddie Trunk he was just going to wing it...which has the potential to be very very entertaining. This is Ace Frehley we're talking about. Anything less than quote worthy hilarious dialogue, would be disappointing.

P.S. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that table. It could go either way. They either make nice and exchange diplomatic pleasantries for the night or they sincerely bridge the rift and live harmoniously ever after, albeit not as a unit but warring factions in a time of peace.

But hey, KISS aren't the only inductees. Let's talk about...oh...Linda Ronstadt for instance?
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...#axzz2yIsE7O39

- Cheaters fail at life.

"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself." -Charles de Gaulle

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-08-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #29
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow

Thank the maker the original four members of KISS were able to get along with one another if only for one night.

https://music.yahoo.com/news/kiss-pe...ileOut=comment

- Cheaters fail at life.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #30
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Considering the drama going into the HoF, the original lineup pulled it off well.

There was no jam involving Ace Frehley because Bruce Springsteen and the
E-Street Band took too damn long.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #31
The Rocket
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Genesis was inducted a few years ago.Trust me,I know.It being-y'know-my favorite band and all.
Phish did a wretched, bland cover of "Watcher of the Skies" when Genesis was inducted.

The Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #32
james-in-cali
Side-Kick

I was ( am I guess) a big kiss fan. Did anyone read this
http://grantland.com/features/chuck-...-hall-of-fame/
It's a great break down of all their albums. I'm not even that big of a fan and it was really interesting to me.

james-in-cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #33
Sally1
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Well, I guess KISS will not be performing at all at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction because of the continuing differences and feuding between the original members.

http://loudwire.com/kiss-wont-perfor...tion-ceremony/

You know, you'd think by now some of the founding members could put their egos aside and keep them in check, but yeesh, this war of varying life philosophies has been going on since the 70's. And you know who suffers the most are the fans because some are not willing to lighten up and budge an ego subtracted minute for all the original members to celebrate this monumental ceremony without all the vitriol between them getting in the way. *sigh* I think if things get worse NATO will have to be called in.

P.S. It was a cute nostalgic throwback in the mid 90's but isn't it time to ditch the clown costumes and focus on the musicians? I mean I feel bad for Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer having to be haunted by the comparisons some fans have unfairly latched to them because they had the misfortune of inheriting Ace's and Peter's gimmicks. Devoid of said gimmicks the fans can focus on their musicianship, not that they aren't Ace or Peter. But that's just my opinion.

http://music.yahoo.com/news/kiss-say...162847320.html
So true. tommy and Eric are great musicians and should be awarded for that as well.

Sally1 is offline   Reply With Quote