The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 04-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #1
coluanprime
Side-Kick

Default Cobie Smulders IS Maria Hill

Just realized she didn't have a thread. What did you think of her?

coluanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Cobie Smulders IS Maria Hill

Cool. I love the part where she sees those two guys about to enter the room on the screen and she just casually backs that chair up, shoots them, and goes back to the screen.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:09 PM   #3
Chance Jackson
Side-Kick

I liked her scene in the armored car

Chance Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Honestly, not a scene she was in was a disappointment.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #5
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I liked her, but I still find Maria Hill's inclusion in these movies to be pretty random.

I was hoping that she would have her own agenda in this film. I heard there was a big twist in this movie, and I assumed it wouldn't be the obvious choice of Redford.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:40 PM   #6
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I like that hill isn't so much of a hardass ***** in the MCU like her comic book counterpart is. Cobie plays her with a bit of mystery and intrigue and yet you know she's loyal to Fury.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #7
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

I like Cobie in TWS, and I hope she will get a bigger role in AOU.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #8
Just_Human
Side-Kick

She was less annoying in TWS than she was in A1

Notice how she didnt look thrilled to be interviewing for Stark Industries .... remember how she looked at Stark when he showed up on the hellicarier in A1 ?
And now she's gonna work for him

Just_Human is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #9
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I liked her, but I still find Maria Hill's inclusion in these movies to be pretty random.

I was hoping that she would have her own agenda in this film. I heard there was a big twist in this movie, and I assumed it wouldn't be the obvious choice of Redford.
Small doses, small doses. She just might be a big player com phase 3, we just don't know yet. Considering it looks like
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Fury might be retiring, Cap is going to need someone at the controls in the future, why not her?

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #10
Mr.T
Side-Kick

She did a decent job. Much better than the subpar performance she put forth in the Avengers. I agree, small doses is all we really need of her.

Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:56 PM   #11
thalidomide
The Enemy

Am I the only one here who wants Maria Hill to be like her comic book counter part?

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:09 AM   #12
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Since Hill will be working for the Stark Industries, I can see her role beef up in AOU since she will probably be running the day-to-day operations over at the Avengers tower.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #13
C_Carmichael
Nerd Herder

I felt we saw some major development with Hill, in that she seems much more in the "superheroes" corner now, than the protocol driven SHIELD's corner.

A few glances between her and Cap gave me the impression she truly respects him now, where as I think she had some real hostility towards Cap in Avengers, due to him siding with the Avengers rather than being a good SHIELD soldier.

Also, her taking a job with Stark Industries seems to indicate that she feels the Avengers are a necessity, now more than ever, and recognizes that helping them is her best duty right now, rather than trying to completely rebuild an utterly destroyed SHIELD.

C_Carmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:46 AM   #14
Loki882
Side-Kick

I never understood people's issue with her in Avengers. She wasn't in that movie enough to really gauge her performance. She actually got something important to do in this movie, and she was quite good. Her rescuing the trio and just casually shooting those guys in the final battle were both cool scenes.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:08 AM   #15
Just_Human
Side-Kick

In Avengers she was talking like a robot.

Just_Human is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:18 AM   #16
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

She always took me out of the movie.

I don't know if it was the acting, the dialogue, or the Canadian accent.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #17
Guard82
Side-Kick

I loved Maria Hill in the movie. I had always enjoyed Cobie as Hill in Avengers, and I was glad she was used here. I absolutely loved the scene where she disguised herself as a masked Hydra goon so that she could rescue Cap, Widow and Falcon. When she pulled off the mask/helmet and we see that it's her, I got a big smile on my face.

Guard82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #18
Guard82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I like that hill isn't so much of a hardass ***** in the MCU like her comic book counterpart is. Cobie plays her with a bit of mystery and intrigue and yet you know she's loyal to Fury.
I agree. I like how the MCU has handled Hill. She's as much of a badass as she is in the comics, but without all the many negative personality traits that she's famous for in the comics.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #19
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

I really hope she becomes an Agents of SHIELD regular now HIMYM has ended

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #20
Guard82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post

I actually like how she's been used. Cobie plays her as very likable and loyal, so I'm happy to see her as one of the good guys.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #21
Guard82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I never understood people's issue with her in Avengers. She wasn't in that movie enough to really gauge her performance. She actually got something important to do in this movie, and she was quite good. Her rescuing the trio and just casually shooting those guys in the final battle were both cool scenes.
I had no problem with her at all in Avengers. I thought she was cool. And yes, those two scenes from TWS were great!

Old 04-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #22
Farren
Side Kicker

I loved her in the armored car, and in general I thought Cobie's performance was better than in the Avengers. She seemed more relaxed and like she was having some more fun with the part.

My only complaint is that in the final act she didn't really have anything to do (not that the final act needed yet another sequence, so I get why).

Old 04-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #23
NJCaliboi
Side-Kick

I too love the character and can't wait for her parts to be expanded and used more...

Is it just rumors about her being on M:AOS or is she really going to join the cast as a regular??

NJCaliboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #24
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

How the heck is Agents of Shield still going to keep airing? Kind of hard being an agent of an organization that doesn't exist anymore.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:33 AM   #25
Mars452
Side-Kick

I liked Cobie as Maria Hill in Avengers, and I really liked her here. I only wish that she had more to do throughout the movie, particularly in the climax. Maybe she would have joined up with Falcon to fight Rumlow to a standstill, before a crashing helicarrier forced them to GTFO.

I have this idea for a Black Widow movie that's a prequel that has Natasha still in the FSB, Hawkeye the SHIELD agent sent to kill her who fails to after getting too close to the target, and Hill the Direct Action agent trying to take them both out when they go on the run and scramble to find some exonerating MacGuffin that Natasha can use to defect.

Mars452 is offline   Reply With Quote