The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 04-18-2014, 11:41 AM   #301
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread - Part 1

I understand if people don't like her character in general, I just don't see how her "killing" Cap is any worse than what Bucky has been doing for many decades.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #302
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I hope your joking. . .
Mostly...

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #303
Raiden
What a bunch of...

I don't understand why you guys keep bringing up the fact that Sharon killed Steve in the comics. I think it's obvious that they will not plan for the movie to follow suit, and MCU Sharon is different than her comic book counterpart. And I found Steve and Sharon's hallway encounter to have chemistry, plus I think Sharon is a capable, independent agent even though her screen time is limited. I know some of you wanted Steve to be with Natasha, but they had that opportunity in TWS and there was no romance between them, so I doubt it will ever happen.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #304
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
That is incredibly depressing. He's not dead.
...Yet. Maybe they'll kill him in Cap3. Since that's something a lot of fans want, apparently.

Or maybe not. It will be the end of an era, though, as Chris departs, so it will be the last part of a trilogy.

TWS did little to develop things between Sharon and Steve beyond that they are vaguely acquainted, and considering the complicated nature of their relationship, it might be too much work for one movie, especially if a followup is unsure.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #305
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

The writers said Steve and Natasha are smart enough to know it will never work between them so I don't think they are going the romantic route for those two.

Edit: Kill him in Cap 3? He's supposed to be in A3.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #306
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
The writers said Steve and Natasha are smart enough to know it will never work between them so I don't think they are going the romantic route for those two.

Edit: Kill him in Cap 3? He's supposed to be in A3.
True. Either way, Cap3 might be his last solo, or at least there's a high possibility that they'll be going in with that in mind.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #307
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
True. Either way, Cap3 might be his last solo, or at least there's a high possibility that they'll be going in with that in mind.
There's always the possibility that Evans might sign an extension after A3, instead of becoming a director like he said.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #308
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
There's always the possibility that Evans might sign an extension after A3, instead of becoming a director like he said.
Yes, but they'll be going into Cap3 with the supposition it will be Chris' last.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #309
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

It won't be that hard to fit in a love story. They did it well with CA1. Seeing as Steve is already acquainted with Sharon, it would actually be easier to put them together than it would be if he was meeting her for the first time.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #310
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Steve and Sharon are only acquainted. He doesn't know anything about her, including her last name. He had next to zero interaction with Sharon, the secret agent, and he knows her mostly as Kate, his unassuming neighbor.

They really have to built the relationship up from scratch, show why Steve would be interested in Sharon. Have Steve react to finding out she and Peggy are related, and come to terms with it.

And that's aside from everything the movie will have with Bucky, Sam, and quite likely Natasha. Major characters who aren't going to take a backseat for Sharon's sake. Plus whoever they bring in for Cap3.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #311
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Basically, just have Sharon meet up with Sam and Steve at the very beginning, them crossing her path b/c they're on the same mission as
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
C.I.A.
: to find Bucky. Then they can go from there.

But anyways, getting back to Natasha; we honestly don't know what MCU's plans are. There's a lot more clamoring for a solo movie for in the wake of TWS, that maybe Feige can sneak in a Widow movie with Hawkeye/Fury/Hill/WS??? before Avengers 3. If that happens, I don't know whether she'd show up in Cap 3. Although it would be great. I don't want future movies forgetting about Steve and Widow's friendship. Scarlett and Chris had incredible chemistry in this movie; it would be a shame to waste it (regardless if Nat and Cap get romantic; I'd love it if they remained friends).

The really strange thing, for me, is that SJ/Widow's presence in TWS didn't seem to be a big draw for females to the movie, as the percentage of females was, like 40+% opening weekend. I was expecting a much higher number than that. Although now, legs are looking rather strong for this going into its 15th day, so maybe it's having an effect there.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:47 PM   #312
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Loki's a bigger draw for females than a female avenger.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #313
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Ugh, maybe

Maybe this'll teach Marvel that shirtless Chris Evans is a must for Cap 3. And AoU! *fingers crossed*

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:39 PM   #314
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Again, she was only in the movie for like five minutes and she and Cap had ONE scene together that lasted less than two minutes. I'm sorry, but that's not nearly enough to judge whether they have "chemistry" or not, it's that simple. And I DO fine the Steve/Sharon relationship sweet. She NOT PEGGY!!!!!! She's her own character, so I hate it when people try to claim that she's Peggy 2.0 or something. Also, given how Natasha only revealed her first name to Cap, I'm guessing that they're going to have him fall in love with Sharon as her own person BEFORE he finds out that she's related to Peggy.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #315
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I don't understand why you guys keep bringing up the fact that Sharon killed Steve in the comics. I think it's obvious that they will not plan for the movie to follow suit, and MCU Sharon is different than her comic book counterpart. And I found Steve and Sharon's hallway encounter to have chemistry, plus I think Sharon is a capable, independent agent even though her screen time is limited. I know some of you wanted Steve to be with Natasha, but they had that opportunity in TWS and there was no romance between them, so I doubt it will ever happen.
For the record my issue wasn't all of this, I don't think the story wil go this route. It is simply that I don't like the Peggy connection of the character and I find it weird and creepy when her and Steve are together. I am not pulling for it to be Steve and Natasha either although I prefer that dynamic.

In truth I don't really care if Steve doesn't have a love interest, I mean The Avengers and Winter Soldier were both excellent and successful films without that apsect.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #316
UltraSuperGuy
Side-Kick

Just wanted to throw this out there to Scarlett Johansson fans (and cinephiles in general): go see "Under The Skin". It's just an incredible, artistic film with a fantastic performance from Johansson. The movie is on a Stanley Kubrick level of quality and art.

UltraSuperGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:44 PM   #317
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

And let's not forget HER

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:35 AM   #318
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
In AoU, who does Widow team up with? Cap. (Noteworthy: *none* of the other Avengers are shown to be on the Korea assignment with the two of them.) Whose Harley is she driving? Cap's. Whose shield is she carrying? Cap's.

TWS built up a *lot* of chemistry between Steve and Natasha. They shared more than one kiss in the movie. There's a lot of "will they-won't they" sexual tension brewing in the dialogue and wistful glances exchanged. Seems pretty clear from the Steve-Natasha team-up in AoU that Joss is rooting for CapWidow slashfic as well.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:56 AM   #319
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
In AoU, who does Widow team up with? Cap. (Noteworthy: *none* of the other Avengers are shown to be on the Korea assignment with the two of them.) Whose Harley is she driving? Cap's. Whose shield is she carrying? Cap's.

TWS built up a *lot* of chemistry between Steve and Natasha. They shared more than one kiss in the movie. There's a lot of "will they-won't they" sexual tension brewing in the dialogue and wistful glances exchanged. Seems pretty clear from the Steve-Natasha team-up in AoU that Joss is rooting for CapWidow slashfic as well.
I know what you're talking about because I saw those photos from the set as well, but right now we're seeing them without context, and we don't know the story. ScarJo wanted to wear an arrow necklace in TWS and I believe it is because she knew that BW has a history with HE, and it is supposed to show that this relationship has not faded away. And while they did share more than one kiss, none of them were romantic, and Natasha was still encouraging Steve to check up on Sharon at the end. I don't think it means that Steve and Natasha will hook up afterward.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:08 PM   #320
batboy99
BTVS

Oh, I forgot I could post this here.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:21 PM   #321
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I know what you're talking about because I saw those photos from the set as well, but right now we're seeing them without context, and we don't know the story. ScarJo wanted to wear an arrow necklace in TWS and I believe it is because she knew that BW has a history with HE, and it is supposed to show that this relationship has not faded away. And while they did share more than one kiss, none of them were romantic, and Natasha was still encouraging Steve to check up on Sharon at the end. I don't think it means that Steve and Natasha will hook up afterward.

Considering that Scarjo is filming all her parts now before her pregnancy becomes too visible, and that she hasn't even been filming in the same part of the *planet* as Jeremy Renner, it's a pretty safe bet that ClinTasha shippers have already lost the battle against CapWidow shippers. I'd bet that the plan is for Hawkeye to develop a thing for Wanda instead of Natasha.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:15 AM   #322
Loki882
Side-Kick

No, that's not clear at all. You have absolutely nothing to back that up. She wasn't filming those particular scenes with him, so what? Making assumptions about anything based on a few out of context shots is ridiculous. Especially since the first Avengers movie made a big deal of the Clint/Natasha connection and Scarlett herself came up with the idea for the arrow necklace. Meanwhile, Cap and BW's dynamic was much more of a "buddy cop" one. Sorry, but your comments aren't supported by the available evidence, period.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:17 AM   #323
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
For the record my issue wasn't all of this, I don't think the story wil go this route. It is simply that I don't like the Peggy connection of the character and I find it weird and creepy when her and Steve are together. I am not pulling for it to be Steve and Natasha either although I prefer that dynamic.

In truth I don't really care if Steve doesn't have a love interest, I mean The Avengers and Winter Soldier were both excellent and successful films without that apsect.
Why? Here's the thing, and this really must be emphasized, SHARON IS NOT PEGGY!!!! She's her own person and a very different character. It's really that simple. The familial connection is irrelevant as Cap comes to love her for her, not because she happens to be related to Peggy.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:14 AM   #324
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Why? Here's the thing, and this really must be emphasized, SHARON IS NOT PEGGY!!!! She's her own person and a very different character. It's really that simple. The familial connection is irrelevant as Cap comes to love her for her, not because she happens to be related to Peggy.
She's Peggy's niece, I just find that a weird and awkward combination and I never got why they needed to make her related to Peggy at all, it was pointless. So whatever happened in the books can stay there as far as I'm concerned.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #325
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

In the context of the movie it isn't actually icky.

Quote: