The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 03-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #76
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread - Part 1

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #77
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
That's right up there with "All the bombs in Red Skull's German-built warplane have cities written in them… in English" in CA:TFA, which always made me LOL.
What are the German words for New York, Boston, and Chicago?

If they are proper names there shouldn't be any translation (unless you throw "city" in there).

Berlin is Berlin in German and English too.

Don't think that's a mistake

Last edited by SpocksBrain; 03-09-2014 at 03:12 PM.
SpocksBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #78
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBrain View Post
What are the German words for New York, Boston, and Chicago?

If they are proper names there shouldn't be any translation (unless you throw "city" in there).

Berlin is Berlin in German and English too.

Don't think that's a mistake
Also, those weren't merely bombs, they were miniature planes with bomb payloads in them. During WWII it wasn't unusual for soldiers to paint slogans, pictures and even city names on planes. It's not that hard to imagine Schmidt's HYDRA goons painting those little planes as a reminder of where their little squadron of suicide bombers was headed.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:30 PM   #79
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Also, those weren't merely bombs, they were miniature planes with bomb payloads in them. During WWII it wasn't unusual for soldiers to paint slogans, pictures and even city names on planes. It's not that hard to imagine Schmidt's HYDRA goons painting those little planes as a reminder of where their little squadron of suicide bombers was headed.
Good point!

I wasn't actually complaining about it. It was something that always charmed me about it. I found it cheesy-looking, but endearing (as endearing as something a Nazi-substitute can be).

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:23 AM   #80
Destined
BOSS

I already know Tasha did her thing baby! That footage was a tease. Ready to see her own the screen!

Destined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:28 AM   #81
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Tasha and Steve sharing a kiss. Steve carrying Tasha in his arms. Steve hugging Tasha close and shielding her from harm in every other scene in the trailers. Steve and Tasha flirting incessantly. Steve and Tasha sharing a hotel room...with a single bed...in their underwear.

What part of all this "doesn't sound like Nat and Steve getting romantic?"
It certainly is a lot of romantic imagery, but I'm sure there isn't a real romantic aspect to them.

I'm also sure they'll at least tease a potential romance between in Cap3.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:39 AM   #82
The Endless
WE are Groot

Quote:
I know it's all supposed to be "part of the act," but how many times have we seen in movies or TV similar situations where a man and woman are thrown together into intimate situations like this and you can cut the sexual tension with a knife? The movie will probably toy with a whole "will they or won't they?" vibe throughout, but it's clear that they're intimating a budding romance there. If the writers don't allow them to consummate it (and I'm not just talking about sexually, but emotionally), then it's just needless teasing.
Maybe they are just **** buddies with no romance?

The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #83
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Hot Toys ‏@hottoysofficial
Hot Toys presents the new #CaptainAmerica: The #WinterSoldier Black Widow Collectible Figure http://bit.ly/1cMvV0L pic.twitter.com/MTl744QRvx

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #84
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
Maybe they are just **** buddies with no romance?
Friends with *lots* of benefits.
Steve's a damn lucky man.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:52 AM   #85
The Endless
WE are Groot

Well considering his enhanced strength and unlimited stamina, Widow is a damn lucky woman... or unlucky depending on which way you look at it haha.

The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #86
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Friends with *lots* of benefits.
Steve's a damn lucky man.
Between Peggy, Natasha, and Sharon, I think Steve is the luckiest man on the Avengers.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #87
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Between Peggy, Natasha, and Sharon, I think Steve is the luckiest man on the Avengers.
True.
Tony's going to get jealous. I find it more than a little ironic that in the MCU, Steve Rogers is turning into the ladies' man, while Tony Stark is the one who's whipped.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #88
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
True.
Tony's going to get jealous. I find it more than a little ironic that in the MCU, Steve Rogers is turning into the ladies' man, while Tony Stark is the one who's whipped.
Well....he only kissed Peggy, might not do anything with Natasha and hasn't done anything with Sharon (yet). He's just surrounded by attractive women.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:33 AM   #89
Destined
BOSS

So ready to watch Natasha Werrkk this movie like the leading lady she is. Russos gave it to the right person that's for sure and as it should be. No basic chicks allowed. Widow is the first lady of the MCU so never forget. Come on Natasha and fight next to your Captain boo!

Destined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #90
Three_Inches
Side-Kick

"I think the idea would be great," Feige said. "We've got various outlines and ideas of where to take that. As Scarlett already said, there's a big element that explores her back story in an upcoming Marvel feature. The question really is, 'When will we take her out of the ensemble and have her do her own thing?' As you saw in [Captain America: The Winter Soldier], as you'll see in Avengers: Age of Ultron, she's really the key to so much of the plot development."

I think Feige has zero intentions of making a BW solo movie, and I really wish he would have the balls to come out and say it instead of getting our hopes up.

Three_Inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #91
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

Really I think there is a good chance of a low budget production. Would not be a huge risk for them.

Quite enjoying the current book and Noto's art is simply stunning .

Bullseye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #92
Three_Inches
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye1 View Post
Really I think there is a good chance of a low budget production. Would not be a huge risk for them.

Quite enjoying the current book and Noto's art is simply stunning .
I just finished ordering the first 3 on Amazon. How're you liking it?

Three_Inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:04 PM   #93
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three_Inches View Post
I love it. I just bought issue #4 today (haven't gotten to read it yet). Oh and Natasha has a cat, that's just cute.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #94
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Scarlett is going to will her body into no delays for AoU apparently.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #95
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
"I think the idea would be great," Feige said. "We've got various outlines and ideas of where to take that. As Scarlett already said, there's a big element that explores her back story in an upcoming Marvel feature. The question really is, 'When will we take her out of the ensemble and have her do her own thing?' As you saw in [Captain America: The Winter Soldier], as you'll see in Avengers: Age of Ultron, she's really the key to so much of the plot development."

I think Feige has zero intentions of making a BW solo movie, and I really wish he would have the balls to come out and say it instead of getting our hopes up.
Yeah, for all of Feige's talk about not believing that there are "A-listers, B-listers, C-listers, etc), there's a rather large gap on his resume. Where are the female-led Marvel movies Mr. Feige? And for that matter, where are the minority-led superhero movies as well?

Old 03-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #96
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm loving the story so far but the highlight is Noto's artwork. It's absolutely stunning. I'm going to try and purchase some pages in the near future.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #97
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yeah, for all of Feige's talk about not believing that there are "A-listers, B-listers, C-listers, etc), there's a rather large gap on his resume. Where are the female-led Marvel movies Mr. Feige? And for that matter, where are the minority-led superhero movies as well?
If they had decided to start the MCU with characters other then Cap, Tony, Banner, and Thor people would be losing their stuff. This argument just doesn't hold water. Those are the characters that need to be on the big screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye1 View Post
I'm loving the story so far but the highlight is Noto's artwork. It's absolutely stunning. I'm going to try and purchase some pages in the near future.
Is it a mini or ongoing series?

Old 03-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #98
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

Not sure how many books are planned but going on past history they are generally limited runs.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #99
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
If they had decided to start the MCU with characters other then Cap, Tony, Banner, and Thor people would be losing their stuff. This argument just doesn't hold water. Those are the characters that need to be on the big screen.

Is it a mini or ongoing series?
It's an ongoing. And I never said that they shouldn't start with the Big Four, of course they should have. But at this point in time, IM has had 3, Thor and CA have had 2, and now were getting freaking GOTG and Ant Man, and probably Dr. Strange. So I ask again Mr. Feige, were are the female/minority films?

Old 03-13-2014, 01:38 AM   #100
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
It's an ongoing. And I never said that they shouldn't start with the Big Four, of course they should have. But at this point in time, IM has had 3, Thor and CA have had 2, and now were getting freaking GOTG and Ant Man, and probably Dr. Strange. So I ask again Mr. Feige, were are the female/minority films?
I might pick it up then. Sounds promising.

And what should they do, stop making Cap, Thor and IM films? GotG clearly leads into A3 with building up Thanos, and well Ant-Man and Strange are two of the biggest request the fans have hand.

I don't get the argument at all. Not in Phase 3 when we will probably see the end of a lot of the original crew. They want to get as much out of them as they can.