The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 26

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 08-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 25

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 08-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 26

Well if Pym had to be involved, I'm guessing Tony would use brain patterns that Pym stored somewehre

Pym is older in the MCU so it's not a stretch to think he worked with Howard

And Ultron is , according to Whedon, angry; in the Antman SDCC footge, Pym says that he hates superheroes or something like that, so I could see Ultron using Pym's brain patterns

Eh, idealists ...............

Old 08-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #4
DarkReflections
Clash City Rocker

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - - Part 27

Why is Hank Pym still being brought up? It's been known for a long time now that he is NOT involved with the creation of Ultron at all.

"You make your school. I say that you borrow arms and legs and heads and necks and posteriors from anybody you can. In comics, which is a peculiar field, every man — every artist — is the other artist’s teacher."
-- Jack "The King" Kirby
Old 08-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
FrozenBanana00
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - - Part 27

Maybe because it's how it is in the comics? People are so used to it being him, yet it's Tony now. I think they'll end up going back in time and stopping Tony from creating him. That seems to be how they've bear Ultron in the comics each time they face him.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:35 PM   #6
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReflections View Post
Why is Hank Pym still being brought up? It's been known for a long time now that he is NOT involved with the creation of Ultron at all.
Maybe because the people asking aren't aware of the ins and outs of this film and are just now learning that what they've known as canon for 40 some odd years is not what's happening.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #7
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Im not the one who brought him up lol

obviously Ultron is Starks baby

Old 08-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #8
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Knowing Kevin Fiege He'll seed Ultron new origin with connections to the Ant-man movie and Hank Pym.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #9
Kurne
Side-Kick

There'll be some link. Maybe not as heavily as the comics, but something will be there.

Don't tell me to give up/stop bringing up Pym guys

Old 08-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #10
doink
Moonlight Legend

I highly doubt there'll be some link...

doink's MCU ranking: 1. The Avengers, 2. CA:TWS, 3. GoTG, 4. Iron Man, 5. Thor, 6. IM3, 7. CA:TFA, 8. Thor:TDW, 9. IM2, 10. TIH
Old 08-11-2014, 11:57 PM   #11
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Because people never let anything go.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:40 AM   #12
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBanana00 View Post
Maybe because it's how it is in the comics? People are so used to it being him, yet it's Tony now. I think they'll end up going back in time and stopping Tony from creating him. That seems to be how they've bear Ultron in the comics each time they face him.
Time travel seems a stretch, but I'm curious how they will

a) beat Ultron
b) undo the huge damage he needs to do to be a viable threat

Hex powers?

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
Old 08-12-2014, 05:14 AM   #13
brojinder
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post

a) beat Ultron

Hex powers?
Still need to introduce the Time Gem, eh?

Old 08-12-2014, 05:15 AM   #14
The Endless
WE are Groot

The only viable way i see Pym being linked to Ultron is if it's revealed Pym created the technology to transfer a human consciousness into computer form for Arnim Zola. Stark could then implement that when giving Ultron his brain patterns.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:12 AM   #15
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brojinder View Post
Still need to introduce the Time Gem, eh?
Not a bad shout, but this whole Infinity Stones turning up on Earth deal needs to stop

Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
Old 08-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #16
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Because people never let anything go.
Or how about it's not the same person.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #17
Marc Spector
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
The only viable way i see Pym being linked to Ultron is if it's revealed Pym created the technology to transfer a human consciousness into computer form for Arnim Zola. Stark could then implement that when giving Ultron his brain patterns.
And if you did it that way, then Zola could have a part in the story.

Maybe SHIELD took Pym's stuff in the past & as a result Pym blames SHIELD + hates heroes.. Pym blamed Howard; however, it was all Zola/Hydra's fault... Selvig learned about some of this, before Pym dropped off the map.

Howard ended up with trade secrets about AI/android brains after SHIELD confiscated world fair tech from everyone involved with the early androids...The World Fair inventions were held back from the public because they were deemed "too far ahead of their time". Flying cars and synthetic men were never released to the public, but in 1968 Pym partnered with Howard to improve the designs for the cybernetic brain.
Howard shared these trade secrets with the young Tony in the hopes that someday Tony could build an android that would aid humanity. Howard was a futurist, helpful AI was his Vision for the future. Ultron is older than he lets on, his true age has been concealed, his true inception goes back to 1968 and even before that... Tony studied robotics & came up with his own designs based on some of his father's teachings, and created Jarvis.. Zola stole the designs and acquired the patents to a few forms of the cybernetic brain in the 70's. Tony's design had to be different enough from the ones Zola now owns, so Tony had to make Jarvis on his own...Howard never meant to leave Tony...He's been watching over him all this time, guiding him in spirit.

Some of the secrets were taught to Tony directly, other aspects of the designs were pioneered or improved by Tony as he built upon his father's old methods when he created Jarvis. Jarvis is based on the real Edwin Jarvis's brain patterns...Tony built Jarvis shortly after his parents died, when he was left alone with the company, using everything Howard left him/taught him about AI. Jarvis is almost a father figure Tony built to replace Howard after Howard left...When Howard was away on business, he would often leave Tony with Edwin, so in this arrangement of events Vision ends up as a paternal figure...

Howard discovered something was wrong within SHIELD and Zola arranged for an "accident" to happen. There are ghosts in the machine & Zola needs a cybernetic brain if he ever wants to regain physical form... I don't think we're done with Zola; I think Zola rebuilds himself & really gets to Tony's head when Tony learns that his parents' death was no accident.

Ultron believes there's only "one path to peace" but SW sees many potential outcomes & a number of possible variations.
Howard was always "ahead of his time", he passed away before his time was up... SW can speak to the dead, she can also see where an object has been or will be. Marvel was looking for ways to bring Howard back into the story... SW can show Tony glimpses of "the end of the path" & she can also show him other paths. Howard's quantum field has a message for Tony that he won't believe. Wanda says Howard is there with them...Stark's mother wants to say goodbye. Howard has unfinished business to attend to, he knows how to stop Ultron. Naturally Tony doesn't believe this. Strucker was superstitious for good reason. The dead can linger if they are not buried deep beneath a headstone. SW contacts Howard because he has a message for Tony that can help save the future.

Last edited by Marc Spector; 08-12-2014 at 10:28 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #18
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Stark talking to the dead/Howard being the key to saving everyone would be far too cheesey

Old 08-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #19
Marc Spector
Side-Kick

Yeah you're probably right, that might be too cheesy. But I actually get the impression from IM3 & TWS that Tony will at some point be forced to deal with his parents' deaths again.

I'm wondering why Olsen said Scarlet Witch can speak to the dead, since it's not something she does a lot of in the comics. Also wondering if we'll actually see that, and how far they'll go with that & her powers in general...

To add: If SW can see the future, then we might not need actual time-travel just yet.

Last edited by Marc Spector; 08-12-2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: To add
Old 08-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #20
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post

a) beat Ultron

Hex powers?
Again, this presumption that a villain has to successfully inflict vast megadeath and reduce the world to a Mad Max wasteland in order to be "viable". . .

As for beating Ultron, I suspect it will be a combination of Wanda and Vision, ultimately. I would be quite pleased if they basically hit him in the weak points as a set up for Thor delivering the final victorious beatdown, however.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #21
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Knowing Kevin Fiege He'll seed Ultron new origin with connections to the Ant-man movie and Hank Pym.
Likely. I've said multiple times, I will literally bet my account that there will be some link in the Ant-man movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurne View Post
There'll be some link. Maybe not as heavily as the comics, but something will be there.

Don't tell me to give up/stop bringing up Pym guys
And again, it's a good nod. But Tony isn't his creator. The whole point of Ultron is that he's his own creator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Again, this presumption that a villain has to successfully inflict vast megadeath and reduce the world to a Mad Max wasteland in order to be "viable". . .

As for beating Ultron, I suspect it will be a combination of Wanda and Vision, ultimately. I would be quite pleased if they basically hit him in the weak points as a set up for Thor delivering the final victorious beatdown, however.

Yes to all of these.

Oh I've been on vacation so I haven't been around, but have we talked about Whedon basically confirming Bucky in this movie, and hinting at a little bit of GotG?

I bet we get a bit of Thanos in this. Remember, when Brolin was first secretly announced, it was said he has a bigger role in AoU than he does in GotG

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Josh-...axy-43244.html

Quote:
The Wrap now reports that Brolin also will play Thanons in Joss Whedon's sequel The Avengers: Age of Ultron. The source adds that Thanos "will have a more prominent role" in the Avengers film. Busy day for Josh Brolin's people.

Last edited by jaqua99; 08-12-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #22
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

Oh I've been on vacation so I haven't been around, but have we talked about Whedon basically confirming Bucky in this movie, and hinting at a little bit of GotG?
I admit I may have missed something, but all I recall him saying recently was at the NerdHQ panel and it wasn't that he confirmed that Bucky was in the movie. What he said was ""Ultron is the clear present danger, and Bucky is in the wind. We do mention the fact that Bucky is his sort of primary thing, but he's also working with the Avengers too. So, we're not ignoring it, but he definitely has to deal with a mad 8-foot robot. Because that's one of those things where, if you put it off, it just gets worse."

I took that to mean that the situation with Bucky will at least get mentioned. I haven't seen any indication that he'll actually be in the film though.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 08-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #23
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Or how about it's not the same person.
Or how about I wasn't referring to a specific person. When I said PEOPLE never let anything go, I'm saying it as some people in general. To clarify for you haha.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #24
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I bet we get a bit of Thanos in this. Remember, when Brolin was first secretly announced, it was said he has a bigger role in AoU than he does in GotG

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Josh-...axy-43244.html
Like I said in the other thread, this has since been debunked. I think The Wrap might have confused an Avengers sequel to mean Age Of Ultron, rather than the Avengers sequel after A:AOU. Maybe he appears in the post/mid-credit scene, but for the most part Thanos will have nothing to do with the A:AOU plot.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #25
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Yeah, I've been on vacation and doing stuff for my new job so I haven't really had time to look for later confirmation or debunks