Default The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 36

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-13-2015, 02:25 PM   #3
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I really don't know what the hold up is on bringing in Carol Danvers. We already got Avengers established, it's established that the Kree exist....it sets itself up. I'd honestly have her on as top priority for Phase 3.

:huh:
Her movie has been announced. She is part of phase 3.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:27 PM   #4
Levsky
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 37

Quote:
I really can't see them killing the one woman on the team. They're aware of the complaints about the lack of diversity in superhero narratives (which i think is a big part of the reason why we're finally getting Black Panther and Captain Marvel) so i really don't see them killing off Black Widow.
Except for Black Widow we will have also Scarlet Witch in the team right now. There are The Wasp and Captain Marvel, as you have mentioned, on the way as well so it's not so hard to find some superheroines for replacement.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:27 PM   #5
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post

'Tis true.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:30 PM   #6
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post

He probably means for her movie to be released earlier, in which case I say the reason it isn't is because they probably worked a way for her story to fit in between the IW films perfectly.

1) The Avengers 2) The Dark Knight 3) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4) Guardians of the Galaxy 5) Iron Man 6) Batman Begins 7) X-men 2 8) Spiderman 2 9) Superman 10) Thor
Old 01-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #7
terry78
You're a fraud Spider-Man

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I didn't word it right.

Yes..yes....that sounds plausible.....>_>

Old 01-13-2015, 02:36 PM   #8
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Get with the phase 3 program Terry!

Old 01-13-2015, 02:37 PM   #9
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levsky View Post
Except for Black Widow we will have also Scarlet Witch in the team right now. There are The Wasp and Captain Marvel, as you have mentioned, on the way as well so it's not so hard to find some superheroines for replacement.
Agreed, with more and more female characters the diversity rationale for keeping BW around gets less and less solid. with SW, Wasp, Carol, Gamora. There are also a couple of female SHs knocking around AOS and they'll soon be one on Netflix.

BW has to stand on her as a character and I think she does very well. I think the only thing they might threaten her continued existence are salary demands and contracts, the same as her male co-stars.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:40 PM   #10
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

I think the diversity card can still be played in AoU though, if SW joins then Widow dies that would be a major talking point.

You probably need at least two female Avengers to join before Widow can kick the bucket without major complaints.

1) The Avengers 2) The Dark Knight 3) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4) Guardians of the Galaxy 5) Iron Man 6) Batman Begins 7) X-men 2 8) Spiderman 2 9) Superman 10) Thor
Old 01-13-2015, 02:42 PM   #11
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Call me old-fashioned or simple or whatever, but when I talk and think about death here (and in stories in general), I don't mean "death", or death and resurrection, or fake death or anything like that. I mean death as in "dead is dead". You die, you stay dead. Permanently. End of story.

Anything other than that is simply not death, because death is an absolute, and ultimate. I'm so desensitized to people dying in superhero movies that at this point it just annoys the **** out of me, and it feels like a cheap way to try and bring an emotional moment that last only until you realize it's not true, and last only the first time you watch the movie.

I thought we were talking about a permanent death here, as some people suggested earlier, not another fake death as it turns out by recent comments. I resent fake death in these movies so much that I don't even want to refer to it as "death" anymore, I should call it "sleep" or something like that. Like, if I have to explain the plot of the first Avengers, I should say: "And then Loki makes Coulson fall asleep, and then the Avengers come together to avenge his sleep" Now, of course fake death can be integrated into the story in a way that is crucial and really drives the plot forward, but that's is a rare occasion and most of the time that's not the case, far from it.

A real, meaningful death is not written for the sake of one-time shock value or to raise the stakes or make someone a real threat - as others have said before me, most of the time it's just mediocre writing, and ultimately, cheap. A meaningful death to me, in a movie, is one that you know won't be dismissed by some ******** plot point, that shakes you every time you see the movie (not just the first time), because you know said character won't be back after that, and it gets you every time when you come to the point where you know that a character is about to die (for real).

I feel my post is getting too long, so to summarize; given their previous track record, I *HIGHLY* doubt Marvel will go as far as to kill off a major character like Thor and keep him dead, and frankly I don't want them to, because there are still things to be done with the character (hell, I'm not even a fan of Thor and I still want to see more stories with him), and let's face it, these characters bring money, and it's all business along everything else; and I don't think they'll do yet another fake death, and I don't want them to, because I would rather see them utilize the screentime in a better, more interesting, more engaging and ultimately more fun way in regards to the character, his struggle and his development.

This is just my two cents on the matter, I know it's a bit long, but since we were on the subject...

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar

Last edited by Norek; 01-13-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:47 PM   #12
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Okay so after watching the trailer, and reading the comments I have a few reactions.

Regardless of whether Thor's powers are being stripped, or channeled, it still shows that the power is his, and mjlonir really is a conduct.

I DO think Thor is doing it though. Try to watch his body language. his fists are clenched, and if Thor is summoning lightning without his tool, I bet it could be hard on his body. Right before the blast, Thor DOES shift his posture which suggests that surge COULD have to do with his movement. Also, when it happens, he opens his hands, with his palms facing up. It looks as if he's struggling bring about his powers, but once he has it, he's the god of thunder.

Ultron looks damn good. He's creepy.

Also, "I'm gonna tear you apart...from the inside"

I think Ultron doesn't say that. If you listen really close, the subtly pause and change in between "gonna", and "tear"...it sounds to me like "I'm gonna" came from the previous trailer where Ultron said "I'm gonna show you something beautiful". It sounds just like it. So I wonder the context of that scene

Old 01-13-2015, 02:49 PM   #13
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

http://www.newsday.com/sports/media/...cast-1.9801631

Quote:
Ohio State's victory over Oregon on Monday night averaged 33.4 million viewers and 18.2 percent of homes on ESPN, making the inaugural College Football Playoff championship game the most-viewed and highest-rated show in cable television history.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...170456738.html

Quote:
The rating peaked Monday night at 20.5 between 9:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m.
That's when the trailer aired. I wonder if a couple of million (like me) turned it off after it played.

Last edited by TalismanRing; 01-13-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #14
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

I'm surprised Trailer 2 only has 6 million views so far on youtube, the first one was at like 20 something last time, though I guess lots watched it on ESPN, and a bunch of people probably are fine with just seeing the first.

Old 01-13-2015, 03:21 PM   #15
Urich Leeds
AKA The Ghost Who Walks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalismanRing View Post
http://www.newsday.com/sports/media/...cast-1.9801631

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...170456738.html

That's when the trailer aired. I wonder if a couple of million (like me) turned it off after it played.
Of course they did.

Old 01-13-2015, 03:36 PM   #16
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
I'm surprised Trailer 2 only has 6 million views so far on youtube, the first one was at like 20 something last time, though I guess lots watched it on ESPN, and a bunch of people probably are fine with just seeing the first.
Looking at the like count of 75,000 that view total looks very low so You Tube's counter may be off which happens when they're hit with a surge. In comparison Marvel's 2nd GOTG had about 6m views with 16k likes and TWS 2nd had 24m views with 60k likes.

But second and third trailers usually have fewer viewers. Even the extended first trailer did a fraction of what the first trailer did with 12.5m views and it has that great party scene. I think a lot of people hear there's a new trailer, go to you tube and look at the first one that pops up - which is usually the first one with the most views.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:30 PM   #17
ctsketch
Side-Kick

The place Iron man gets blasted into a door seems to be the same place Cap fights the drone. Look at the door Iron man hits and the bent door behind Cap

Old 01-13-2015, 04:56 PM   #18
Adversary
Side-Kick

It also looks like Iron Man got blasted into the door by Ultron after he says "I am going to tear you apart". You can see it's the same looking blast.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:16 PM   #19
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

I was dissatisfied by the new trailer.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:18 PM   #20
BigThor
Thor's back in town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversary View Post
It also looks like Iron Man got blasted into the door by Ultron after he says "I am going to tear you apart". You can see it's the same looking blast.
I've already pointed that out.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 01-13-2015, 05:38 PM   #21
Dr. Evil
Gamora

the woman behind Thor: Could it be Claudia Kim?

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 01-13-2015, 05:41 PM   #22
Ultron-5
Banned User

No I don't think it's Claudia Kim.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:43 PM   #23
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Was gonna read through the comments, but you guys have been busy and filled up a whole topic

Good trailer, lots of stuff in there. Looks like we're going to Wakanda! Thor channeling lightning (while some girl dances) is an awesome shot, but I wonder what's going on there :/

Ultron looks freaking awesome! But what's with the human voice? His opening line is pure Spader, no audio manipulation at all... Makes no sense to me.

Lots to discuss from that, but I guess you've all had a crack at that already!!

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
Old 01-13-2015, 05:46 PM   #24
terry78
You're a fraud Spider-Man

I think it makes sense for him to not havea stilted beep boop I am a robot voice.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #25
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I think it makes sense for him to not havea stilted beep boop I am a robot voice.
Yeah, but in the first trailer he had a metallic twang to it. In this, it was just Spader delivering the line "in the flesh". Odd change imo

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
Closed Thread