The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 04-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #276
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Steve Rogers/Captain America Thread

Last edited by Ms. Marvel; 04-09-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:55 AM   #277
yllum
Side-Kick

I also like aou to portray steve as the real leader. I may offend alot here on this forum. But I feel that steve did not really earn the respect s from his teammates fully in A1. Ok they did follow his order willingly in the final battle.but we needed more in AOU.

TWS movie on the other hand shows that side of steve!! Him really commanding and giving the order!!

And that speech about the high price of freedom!! Just great stuff

Last edited by yllum; 04-10-2014 at 03:58 AM.
yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:43 AM   #278
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
I also like aou to portray steve as the real leader. I may offend alot here on this forum. But I feel that steve did not really earn the respect s from his teammates fully in A1. Ok they did follow his order willingly in the final battle.but we needed more in AOU.

TWS movie on the other hand shows that side of steve!! Him really commanding and giving the order!!

And that speech about the high price of freedom!! Just great stuff
There was definitely a disrespect going on towards Cap in A1 from Tony who thought he was a star spangled goofball. All he did was crack jokes on him and make him look like an idiot.

I think in A2 Steve will show himself to be even more of a leader than Iron Man and get the respect he deserves, esp after TWS.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:41 AM   #279
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Honestly I think iron man respects cap already, admits to loki that he's a living legend that kinda lives up to the legend. I think after the battle of new york there's no way any of them don't respect each other.
but I would really like if cap is the leader here.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #280
yllum
Side-Kick

cap needs to be like in the comics!! a clear leader from the outset..he should be the one leading the battle!! kinda like CAP in TWS.

There is one scene in TWS where falcon say "if captain America need your help , you help " I want something like that. I want them rest of the team to be like falcon. you can tell falcon totally respect cap and will do anything to help him.

haha I may be asking too much I'm just such a big fan of cap.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #281
TheVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Honestly I think iron man respects cap already, admits to loki that he's a living legend that kinda lives up to the legend. I think after the battle of new york there's no way any of them don't respect each other.
but I would really like if cap is the leader here.
True by the end Tony gave Cap props. So I think that dynamic has changed between them. We'll see what its like in A2. I say Cap will be more a clear leader who they all respect, much moreso than in A1.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #282
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Apparently he's the co-leader in A2.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #283
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Apparently he's the co-leader in A2.
Do you have a source/article link for this info? I'm now in full-on AoU mode!

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #284
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Steve and Tony should be co leads, just as in the comics. Steve will probably, and should, acknowledge that Tony was right in Avengers 1, more so than just not trusting Fury about phase two, but trusting shield on a general level. Tony was right even more than he knew. And Tony should extremely shocked and in awe of Cap for doing something Tony couldn't do, bring down Shield and expose it for what it is. Now that they know Hydra is behind pretty much everything, and since Hydra took out Howard Stark and Sterns was Hydra, there's a huge reason for the characters to unite and lead.

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #285
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/09/06...tron-iron-man/

Quote:
D'Esposito clarified that the "Age of Ultron" screenplay remains in development — "Joss Whedon is writing furiously to get that finished" — but he added that fans can expect to see Iron Man "leading the team with Captain America," and to even anticipate a connection between Stark and Ultron.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #286
yllum
Side-Kick

Hmm...Co-leading!! It is interesting how two very different person can Co lead a team. .looking forward to A 2!!!

Old 04-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #287
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Hmm...Co-leading!! It is interesting how two very different person can Co lead a team. .looking forward to A 2!!!
Accurate to the Avengers comics especially the early ones.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #288
yllum
Side-Kick

Whedon is gonna have a hard time balancing everyone screen time

i wonder how long the movie will be. I know it's early days. But I think it will be more than 2 1/2 hours

Old 04-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #289
TheVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
Steve and Tony should be co leads, just as in the comics. Steve will probably, and should, acknowledge that Tony was right in Avengers 1, more so than just not trusting Fury about phase two, but trusting shield on a general level. Tony was right even more than he knew. And Tony should extremely shocked and in awe of Cap for doing something Tony couldn't do, bring down Shield and expose it for what it is. Now that they know Hydra is behind pretty much everything, and since Hydra took out Howard Stark and Sterns was Hydra, there's a huge reason for the characters to unite and lead.
You said it! Tony WAS right about not trusting SHIELD/US Govt from the beginning. Makes the current shakeup even more resonant.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #290
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
I just rewatch A1..actually steve was very skeptical too.. not just tony. Remember he went to some storage room and found hydra stuff?

If u notice.steve was very wary of how easily loki was captured. He knows it should not be so easy.

No wonder they are leaders! They forsee problems ahead!

Old 04-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #291
TheVision

"Joss Whedon is writing furiously to get that finished" — but he added that fans can expect to see Iron Man "leading the team with Captain America," and to even anticipate a connection between Stark and Ultron."

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #292
Loki882
Side-Kick

Not only did Tony give Cap props during his confrontation with Loki, but he also took orders from Cap during the final battle. And given Tony's arrogance and complete disdain for authority, he doesn't take orders from anyone that he doesn't respect A LOT. Also, Thor (an ancient god who's both much more powerful and has much more combat experience than Cap) and Hulk (a rampaging rage monster) also took orders from Cap.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #293
Destined
BOSS

It makes bit of sense too just in case Cap dips out and Bucky does pick up that shield. He'll need time to adjust in the role as he did in the comics. With Stark already being an established leader , it helps in that case.

Destined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #294
TheVision

We all knew Cap is great. He was a little shaky throughout A1 but by the end he was starting to get into his "Avengers Assemble" mode. Now after TWS he is back with a vengeance. AOU will be The Return of Kickass Cap!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It was crazy when Bucky unloaded into Cap like that. Then he saves him. We havent seen an ending like that before.

Last edited by TheVision; 04-10-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #295
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just rewatch A1..actually steve was very skeptical too.. not just tony. Remember he went to some storage room and found hydra stuff?

If u notice.steve was very wary of how easily loki was captured. He knows it should not be so easy.

No wonder they are leaders! They forsee problems ahead!
Steve didn't start getting suspicious of SHIELD until both Tony and Banner brought up how shady that Fury was acting. As for Loki, well it doesn't take a genius to notice how his capture was way too easy.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #296
yllum
Side-Kick

tony is the one who bought it up..banner did not really want to comment on that until cap insist he does!

Well, it does not take a genius to notice his capture was way too easy. but steve is the only way who comments on the capture being too easy.

perhaps fury too..he say something like " why do i feel that he (loki) is the only one who want to be on this boat "

haha. yes he did refer the helicarrier as a boat..that cracks me up.

Last edited by yllum; 04-10-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:34 PM   #297
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/09/06...tron-iron-man/
D'Esposito clarified that the "Age of Ultron" screenplay remains in development — "Joss Whedon is writing furiously to get that finished" — but he added that fans can expect to see Iron Man "leading the team with Captain America," and to even anticipate a connection between Stark and Ultron.
Well that's accurate to the early comics, then Cap took over as primary leader and has been ever since.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:27 AM   #298
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Think we'll finally hear Cap say "Avengers assemble!" in AoU?

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:15 AM   #299
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I think they should bring in the people who did the fight choreography from TWS just to make sure CA isn't depowered. With this being such an ensemble cast and limited time for each person to make an impact, I could easily see CA being pushed to the side. I'm just hoping the script is as good as everyone says it is and everyone gets a chance to shine.
The TWS fight coordinators could not only keep Cap at the top of his game, they could transform Thor into the warrior he should be, too. We shouldn't see anything as poorly-staged and shot as the Thor/Loki fight from the end of TA in AOU. Thor should never get owned by a lesser opponent like that and he ought to have better technique.

As for Captain America, if he isn't the ass-kicking force of nature that he was in TWS I will be well and truly pissed. He needs not only his immense skills and strength but also that confident swagger he possessed when squaring off against Batroc and the SHIELD Strike team in the elevator. This is a man who can brutally take down a dozen opponents with one hand literally chained to a ceiling. He should operate at that level in every appearance from now on.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #300
TheVision

I think the trick to these movies is showcasing the heroes in sequences where they get to do their thing best. Cap cant fly around etc so hes got to be on the ground taking out villains and so on.