The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #251
StarLord
Blood Eagle

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Re-reading the reports of the screenings of the first ten minutes, it mentions that he has Thai food on the list of things he's going to have to catch up on.

I wonder, if he ever decides to catch up on Thai food, is he going to compare it to Schwarma?
That will be after the end credits...

Cap, Widow, Falcon, Fury and Bucky in a Thai restaurant.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:44 PM   #252
Ksb36
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
I was eating lunch and started daydreaming about casting options for either a potential Diamondback for Cap 3 or for Sin, and I just kept coming back to Ruth Wilson as an option. Though she's really my first choice for Enchantress for a Thor movie, given her work on Luther with Elba.

I could totally imagine Sin as a female Joker-type, wrecking havoc and chaos against Cap. Would be so much fun!
This. Yes, Ruth Wilson. Such a strong actor.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #253
Lightsplasher
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
I think that the 'Man out of Time' concept makes Cap more interesting than the other Avengers. Sure, you got Thor who is entirely out of his habitat, but at least he can go back home to his family and friends.

Cap on the other hand... everything he ever knew, everyone he was friends with, everyone he loved or cared about... it's all just gone. This make shim interesting, no just as a superhero, but as a character in general.

And Chris Evans portrays it very good. I loved his performance at the end of TFA while running through New York, and I if you watch the deleted scene of him at the beginning of the Avengers movie, you can see on his face how badly he misses his friends and way of life.

The idea of a WWII super-soldier thrust into a modern-day spy agency is something that will always make Cap interesting. How he deals with the modern world while still in a 1940's mindset is to intriguing.

It sucks Whedon didn't push on into all that during the Avengers, but I guess it would just have messed up the pace of the film.
I don't really thinks its Whedon's fault but yeah he once said in an interview that he would truly have loved having that scene in the movie but that the drama would have indeed broke up the pace . I'm maybe overreacting but , man , Evans is just PERFECT in tbe role ! He deserve a price for it ! I'm pretty sure that if Cap's role is written well in A:AOU , he could easily match with RDJ because in the first one , he was great but RDJ was the one which got the more attention focused on .

Old 02-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #254
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
That will be after the end credits...

Cap, Widow, Falcon, Fury and Bucky in a Thai restaurant.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 02-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #255
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksb36 View Post
This. Yes, Ruth Wilson. Such a strong actor.
Ever since I saw the first season of Luther, I've been needing Wilson for the MCU before any other franchise snatches her up. I haven't seen Lone Ranger yet, though I'm relieved that she won't be tied up with that franchise non-starter

She really needs to be a Marvel villainess. Could you imagine Sin as Joker type, with Crossbones as her muscle? Perhaps…
if Pierce isn't possessed by Red Skull, Sin could, more or less be, like an adaptation of her comic book origins as Skull's daughter

But I would love her Someone who'd taunt and flirt with Cap, while creating swaths of destruction all around her.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #256
Ksb36
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Ever since I saw the first season of Luther, I've been needing Wilson for the MCU before any other franchise snatches her up. I haven't seen Lone Ranger yet, though I'm relieved that she won't be tied up with that franchise non-starter

She really needs to be a Marvel villainess. Could you imagine Sin as Joker type, with Crossbones as her muscle? Perhaps…
if Pierce isn't possessed by Red Skull, Sin could, more or less be, like an adaptation of her comic book origins as Skull's daughter

But I would love her Someone who'd taunt and flirt with Cap, while creating swaths of destruction all around her.
Lone Ranger was spectacularly bad. I mean astoundingly, amazingly, mind-bogglingly bad. She was utterly wasted in that. Great in Luther, tho. Physically, she embodies Sin to a tee. She would be a great choice.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #257
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxie View Post
In that "Conspiracy" featurette I noticed a small change between the trailer and what appears to be the finished scene. Here's a gif:

Featurette:

And this is from the original theatrical trailer:

So I guess that's how Sam and Natasha escape that car wreck. But my goodness that does not look safe lol.

Good find! I'm kind of annoyed how a great post like this gets ignored but instead we talk about runtimes and sexualization.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #258
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynAmeIsedDie90 View Post
Good find! I'm kind of annoyed how a great post like this gets ignored but instead we talk about runtimes and sexualization.
We had stopped talking about runtimes and sexualization before (s)he posted this.

I also agree, this is a nice find. Good eye.

Why do people hate The Lone Ranger? That was a spectacular movie. By far one of the coolest movies I have ever seen.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #259
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Why did TeeKay stop posting? It's not like he's gonna see a spoiler.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #260
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxie View Post
In that "Conspiracy" featurette I noticed a small change between the trailer and what appears to be the finished scene. Here's a gif:

Featurette:

And this is from the original theatrical trailer:

So I guess that's how Sam and Natasha escape that car wreck. But my goodness that does not look safe lol.

Good catch.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #261
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Captain America is definitely my favorite Avenger. The man out of time, the World War II, his relation with Bucky, his own personality, the Winter Soldier storyline, and villains like Red Skull and Baron Zemo make him my favorite out of all them.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:29 PM   #262
Minxie
Side-Kick

Thank you y'all .

Also since I have too much time on my hands, I remembered this other scene from the first featurette:

There's the car door.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #263
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
He did it so he wouldn't slip up and accidentally post something he's not supposed to since he's under a non-disclosure agreement.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #264
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Who says I did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
He did it so he wouldn't slip up and accidentally post something he's not supposed to since he's under a non-disclosure agreement.
This. I pop in every now and again but I'll refrain from posting as much as I can till the movie comes out.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 02-26-2014, 07:54 PM   #265
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Who says I did?

This. I pop in every now and again but I'll refrain from posting as much as I can till the movie comes out.

You posted an 'Abandon Thread' gif and I guess I misunderstood.

Hey TeeKay, so you saw TFA and Avengers, and quite frankly Cap's fights are not that great. Would you say TWS fights are more memorable?

Old 02-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #266
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

^
That´s pretty obvious they are tho, come on man!

Old 02-26-2014, 08:34 PM   #267
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
^
That´s pretty obvious they are tho, come on man!
Heh, I just like to ask questions even though I know the answer. I use to log on to forums and think "what should I post today?".

Old 02-26-2014, 09:08 PM   #268
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Captain 'Murica.

But seriously, this movie needs to hurry up. It comes out on my birthday and it's gonna be my gift to myself haha .

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:23 PM   #269
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

So did your mom take this pic or what?

Old 02-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #270
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

There are people now disappointed with the runtime for this movie? Argh. People make mountains out of mole hills sometimes. 128 mins is a LOT of movie, guys. For reference:

Iron Man - 126mins
Iron Man 2 - 124mins
Iron Man 3 - 130mins
Thor - 115mins
Thor: The Dark World - 112mins
The Incredible Hulk - 112mins
Captain America: The First Avenger - 124mins
The Avengers - 143mins

So, TWS is Marvel's 3rd longest film...and we're still disappointed??? Did we honestly expect it to be longer? The movie is only 2 mins shorter than IM3!!! The range for solos has been basically around 2hrs, + or - 8mins on average. Are we getting spoiled with WB's movies being longer? Why does it always feel like this is an issue?

Old 02-26-2014, 10:48 PM   #271
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
There are people now disappointed with the runtime for this movie? Argh. People make mountains out of mole hills sometimes. 128 mins is a LOT of movie, guys. For reference:

Iron Man - 126mins
Iron Man 2 - 124mins
Iron Man 3 - 130mins
Thor - 115mins
Thor: The Dark World - 112mins
The Incredible Hulk - 112mins
Captain America: The First Avenger - 124mins
The Avengers - 143mins

So, TWS is Marvel's 3rd longest film...and we're still disappointed??? Did we honestly expect it to be longer? The movie is only 2 mins shorter than IM3!!! The range for solos has been basically around 2hrs, + or - 8mins on average. Are we getting spoiled with WB's movies being longer? Why does it always feel like this is an issue?
Unfortunately it seems people need to complain or nitpick about something haha. I hear ya man.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:53 PM   #272
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

For me, basically if I hadn't heard the 136 mins. rumor, I wouldn't be feeling the teeniest twinge of disappointment that it's shorter.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that some of the good character stuff we've heard about survived the cut. So. Yeah.

But it's not really me "kvetching" about CA:TWS or Marvel honestly. It's more like an (admittedly) crappy week is also impacting my reaction to runtimes. I will be back fangirling a whole lot more once Friday hits.

*also… have you guys seen Chris Evans with his new beard at the Vanity Fair Oscar party? Holla.*

Old 02-26-2014, 10:53 PM   #273
Spider-Fan
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Unfortunately it seems people need to complain or nitpick about something haha. I hear ya man.
It's annoying. Especially, when you look at this list, BOTH of Cap's films will have been over 2hrs. Something Thor has yet to be given ONCE. Something only Ang Lee delivered Hulk (though...yeah, think they could have shaved some time in that one, LOL!). Only Iron Man and Cap have been given 2 solo films over 2 hours. I think that is respect right there.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #274
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

While both Cap films will be over two hours in terms of runtime, that is after the massive credits. And while it is the third longest MCU films, only the Avengers is "long". And well, I have had a bit of a problem with how truncated the story has been for certain films. Thor, TDW and even TFA have felt like they were missing things for me. Thor's progression in a couple of days, the way TFA moves from rookie Cap to the end of the war in what feels like a blink.

But it means nothing until I see the movie. This isn't a TDW situation were I felt the runtime was a problem as soon as I saw it. TWS doesn't need to cover the same kind of ground.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:18 PM   #275
Spider-Fan
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
While both Cap films will be over two hours in terms of runtime, that is after the massive credits. And while it is the third longest MCU films, only the Avengers is "long". And well, I have had a bit of a problem with how truncated the story has been for certain films. Thor, TDW and even TFA have felt like they were missing things for me. Thor's progression in a couple of days, the way TFA moves from rookie Cap to the end of the war in what feels like a blink.
TFA had a ton more to cover than TWS does. I think Thor's problem wasn't the 115 mins. I just think scripting it over 2 days with little time progression made it feel short. Had they skipped time or something, without changing the run time, it would have worked better. TDW could have been a tad longer. There I agree. That said, I don't think 128 mins is a short movie.

Closed Thread