The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 08:03 AM   #301
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - Part 15

Eh… I'm actually okay with a runtime discussion if it's like Darth's and Spider-Fan's above. It's civil and both are bringing up good points regarding superhero movies and length, as well as writing/story/acting.

As always, run time can be a factor, but it's not determinative of quality.

Where I get tired of runtime discussion are those fans who insist that a longer cut of a movie = successful film and everything else will make it crap. That is some tunnel vision of the highest order.

I fully admit that I was just a tiny bit sad to hear TWS won't be as long as I thought/wanted, but really it's not tarnishing my excitement or hopes for the movie. I want to see the finished product before passing any judgement on whether anything worked or not. Just keeping my fingers crossed that we get those character moments with Steve that sound like they were pretty similar to his deleted scene in The Avengers…

Though I fully well know the reason they cut that gorgeous Avengers Man out of Time scene was due to it interrupting the flow/momentum of the ensemble film. Everything I've heard about TWS indicates it's fully a Steve Rogers movie first and foremost, so I'm hopeful that means the similar scene is in.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:53 AM   #302
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Why do people always think a long movie= better? I'm watching another screening of this flick real soon. I'll see what they cut out. I think people should just wait and see before jumping to any conclusions here. I remember the excruciating arguments about run time in TDW threads. It was unbearable to say the least. I'm reserving my judgement until I see the final cut real soon. I won't be saying anymore on the matter. Just my 2 cents.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class

Last edited by TeeKay; 02-27-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #303
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Hear, hear ^

Old 02-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #304
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Why do people always think a long movie= better? I'm watching another screening of this flick real soon. I'll see what they cut out. I think people should just wait and see before jumping to any conclusions here. I remember the excruciating arguments about run time in TDW threads. It was unbearable to say the least. I'm reserving my judgement until I see the final cut real soon. I won't be saying anymore on the matter. Just my 2 cents.
I believe someone's asked you before, but I don't feel like going back and looking for it.

This movie obviously has flashbacks; are that satisfactory? Are they original, or from TFA?

Old 02-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #305
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
I believe someone's asked you before, but I don't feel like going back and looking for it.

This movie obviously has flashbacks; are that satisfactory? Are they original, or from TFA?
Yes they are, for me anyways. Guys you need to stop with the questions. This is the last one I'll answer. Wait until you see the movie for yourselves, I'm afraid that I'm might reveal something I'm not suppose to.

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class

Last edited by TeeKay; 02-27-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #306
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yeah. Man you shouldnīt have revealed you saw the movie in the first place. It seems to me itīs more trouble that itīs worth. I know I wouldnīt tell anyone if I couldnīt tell what I saw.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #307
antovolk
Side-Kick

so UK cinemas may be getting these first 10 mins of the film that screened in LA - just got classified as trailer.

http://bbfc.co.uk/releases/captain-a...filmtrailer-10

Old 02-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #308
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Yeah. Man you shouldnīt have revealed you saw the movie in the first place. It seems to me itīs more trouble that itīs worth. I know I wouldnīt tell anyone if I couldnīt tell what I saw.
You're blaming the wrong person. The people who keep asking TeeKay questions all the time are the problem here. He made it clear that he can't reveal details of the film and everyone should respect that. Most of us stopped asking questions a while back but a few are persistent. If they would quit everything would be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antovolk View Post
so UK cinemas may be getting these first 10 mins of the film that screened in LA - just got classified as trailer.

That's a great way to promote the film in markets where it might need an extra push. We might not get it in the US, though. I still have hopes that Marvel will put a five-minute sneak peek for GOTG ahead of CATWS for us, though, just like they did with Cap in front of Thor 2.

Last edited by xeno000; 02-27-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #309
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

I want clips from the movie, and I want them soon.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 02-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #310
Huddsy
Side-Kick

A quick little GOTG feature before CATWS would be perfect.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #311
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Ummmm no, not teekay's fault. Everyone here needs to stop asking him questions.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #312
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Though it was overkill in TDW boards, IMO it was very warranted there TDW was a much shorter movie and we had heard alot of rumors that there were issues behind the scenes. Here I don't see the issue 128 minutes is still pretty good.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #313
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Because I've seen SEVEN SAMURAI about a hundred and sixty-seven times, and it keeps getting better every single time I see it!!!!

And if you get the reference, I adore you.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #314
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Sorry for askin so many questions Teekay; I didn't know it bothered you. I thought you were fine with it.

Also, look up "Marvel Assembling a Universe" (I think). It's on aBC on March... 8th or 18th I think.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:15 PM   #315
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by antovolk View Post

Interesting. I wonder if that'll make it's way to Ireland...

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 02-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #316
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
You're blaming the wrong person. The people who keep asking TeeKay questions all the time are the problem here. He made it clear that he can't reveal details of the film and everyone should respect that. Most of us stopped asking questions a while back but a few are persistent. If they would quit everything would be fine.

That's a great way to promote the film in markets where it might need an extra push. We might not get it in the US, though. I still have hopes that Marvel will put a five-minute sneak peek for GOTG ahead of CATWS for us, though, just like they did with Cap in front of Thor 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Ummmm no, not teekay's fault. Everyone here needs to stop asking him questions.
Wow, such blame...Iīll give you blaim alright.

First of all, Iīm not blaming anyone directly. Iīm not directly saying itīs anyones fault but if you wanna know how it really is Iīm glad to enlighten you.

Those being the rootcause of the problem is those who asks, but they arenīt fully to blaim either. I mean even if you clearly stated once that youīve seen the movie and arenīt gonna answer any questions, do you think everyone that finds out you have seen the movie will have seen your first post about this? Stands to reason the rumor just travels.

Then there is one more to blaim, one who isnīt a rootcause but more a catalyst that starts the problem.

You donīt flash cash and bling in an area where itīs known be a lot robberies? Letīs pretend you do, is it your fault when you get robbed? Yes it is because it doesnīt take a genius to figure out someone will robb you. Sure if you take all precautions stated by common sense, but itīs not common sense to show of your expensive watch in a bad neighbourhood.

Same goes for posting the fact that you have seen a movie that everyone is superhyped about in a forum called superherohype. How do you think people are gonna react?

Last edited by Mightyally; 02-27-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #317
ctsketch
Side-Kick

cause*

Old 02-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #318
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Lol thx, I guess.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #319
Maya21
Newbie First Class

Has everyone seen the new promo?

It's silly, but I love it. It looks like a fashion spread. An amazing fashion spread.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #320
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Yikes, at that Cap pose/photochoppin^

Seriously, can I have a job doing these, I can promise Marvel I'd do a much better job for probably much cheaper

Old 02-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #321
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Because I've seen SEVEN SAMURAI about a hundred and sixty-seven times, and it keeps getting better every single time I see it!!!!

And if you get the reference, I adore you.
Looked it up. That movie is over 200 minutes long. But i don't get your referrence, does that mean you don't adore me anymore?

Old 02-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #322
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya21 View Post
Has everyone seen the new promo?

It's silly, but I love it. It looks like a fashion spread. An amazing fashion spread.
Cap looks like he's about to bust out in some disco. Put on some roller skates and play that funky music, red, white, and blue boy!

Old 02-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #323
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Looked it up. That movie is over 200 minutes long. But i don't get your referrence, does that mean you don't adore me anymore?

Old 02-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #324
BoredGuy
Killing Time

and it keeps gettin funnier, every single time I see it!

I thought that was your reference, but the Seven Samurai thing threw me off..

Old 02-27-2014, 04:31 PM   #325
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

That Cap pose is awful. Man look at that photoshop

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Closed Thread