The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #976
J.Howlett

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Nice, J Howlett hijacked this thread with another "where was SHIELD during IM3 and Thor 2" discussion

That never gets old
I made one comment about it and let it go. Anyway...

Old 03-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #977
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick

Now you're losing me too, Teekay. That article you link says the same as collider: That TWS takes place after Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 (your article just didn't include the numbers, but they're saying that the continuity of release is the same as the timeline). So they're all saying the same, and recent interviews have all confirmed that. TWS takes place shortly before Avengers 2, 2 years after Avengers.

Which makes the question very justified why the heck... Nope, I'll shut up. I'll be bitter about this until the day when the film makers finally decide to remember, there's a character from the first Avengers movie that they completely forgot on the way.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #978
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Nonetheless, the explanation for Shield not being in either films is there anyways. ;-)

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 03-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #979
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
This is just me but I think Feige and Marvel gave RDJ full control over Iron Man 3 because of his experience of making Iron Man 2 on the schedule that Marvel demanded and the fact that he was pretty open about how he believes that hurt that movie big time. He wasn't pleased with that film.

I also think Marvel and Feige bent over to give control of Iron Man 3 to RDJ (hence the pick in director and tone of the film) just to secure him for Avengers 2 and 3.

By giving him full control, I personally think that hurt Iron Man 3. It feels so unlike any of the MCU films to date. It feels out of place, even more so than the Incredible Hulk. Again, this is my opinion but seeing the tone of Thor The Dark World and now what we're seeing with The Winter Solider in comparison to Iron Man 3, it is striking how Iron Man 3 doesn't really feel part of a whole to me.

Again, this is all me. Nothing more.
Wouldn't surprise me if you were correct. I liked Iron Man 3 more than The Dark World (I just can't get into the Thor films for various reasons)
but yeah the tone/movie does seem different. I did not like Iron Man 2 at all so I get why RDJ didn't like it.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #980
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
I made one comment about it and let it go. Anyway...
One comment, a pageful of comments, what's the difference, right?

Old 03-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #981
J.Howlett

Quote:
One comment, a pageful of comments, what's the difference, right?
Anyway...

Old 03-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #982
speno94
Side-Kick

Castor troy, obviously no spoilers, but what are your initial flaws with the film that stick out to you, is it the pace, dialogue, certain character development etc you don't have to give specifics, just maybe an area that needed improving on (if any)?

Old 03-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #983
Lightsplasher
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is just me but I think Feige and Marvel gave RDJ full control over Iron Man 3 because of his experience of making Iron Man 2 on the schedule that Marvel demanded and the fact that he was pretty open about how he believes that hurt that movie big time. He wasn't pleased with that film.

I also think Marvel and Feige bent over to give control of Iron Man 3 to RDJ (hence the pick in director and tone of the film) just to secure him for Avengers 2 and 3.

By giving him full control, I personally think that hurt Iron Man 3. It feels so unlike any of the MCU films to date. It feels out of place, even more so than the Incredible Hulk. Again, this is my opinion but seeing the tone of Thor The Dark World and now what we're seeing with The Winter Solider in comparison to Iron Man 3, it is striking how Iron Man 3 doesn't really feel part of a whole to me.

It felt so , but it was the final of that trilogy and they probably decided to take that risk (to give control to RDJ) for that reason . Plus Iron Man 1 was the first stone in the MCU and they made an exception for that .

Old 03-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #984
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Is anyone allowed to confirm whether or not this is 'part 1' and Cap 3 will be 'part 2'?

Old 03-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #985
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:

I disagree generally. RDJ didn't have full control (plenty input though), he's not a writer or a director. Black (& Pearce) got the lions share of control (though still not full control), and I think that's because they had a very clear vision for the film. And that also seems to be the case with TWS, Feige said the Russo Bros won the job on the strength of their pitch/vision for the film. Same with Gunn and GotG, and all 3 (well, 4) directors spoke readily about how much leeway and encouragement Marvel gave them.

Compare that with TDW where it didn't seem like the writers nor director had a strong clear vision (maybe they just needed another 6 months to develop) and Marvel being a lot more hands on in that case.

Tonally IM3 is the spiritual successor to KKBB, that's all Blacks doing, not RDJ.

I also don't see how IM3 feels more different to the Phase 1 films than TDW or TWS, which both have very individual looks, and at that, TWS more so than TDW IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
Is anyone allowed to confirm whether or not this is 'part 1' and Cap 3 will be 'part 2'?
I don't have to have seen the film to know it'll be it's own contained story. Before Phase 2 started Feige & co were talking about how each movie will be more standalone and how they don't need to cross-pollinate as much as they did in the Phase1 films.

EDIT: It's actually in that slashfilm link:
http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-america-2-ending/

"It's not a cliffhanger"

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...

Last edited by Moridin; 03-06-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #986
pyrobisson
Side-Kick

Embargo on the movie until 18th March.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #987
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
I don't have to have seen the film to know it'll be it's own contained story. Before Phase 2 started Feige & co were talking about how each movie will be more standalone and how they don't need to cross-pollinate as much as they did in the Phase1 films.
Oh...
Well I was wondering cause they keep mentioning something that will 'drastically change the MCU forever" and I keep wondering what that will be. So it makes me think that the events in CA: TWS spill over into Avengers 2, and then into Cap 3.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #988
universeman
Side-Kick

Just saw the clip it's awesome!

Old 03-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #989
speno94
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrobisson View Post
Is that for reviews?

Old 03-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #990
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick

Quote:
You've seen it too already? 18th sounds way more reasonable than our 21st date... Guess I'll be a little less strict with that deadline from 18th on, too, at least with spoiler stuff. Review can only go online after that date.

*edit* And yeah, our invitation says, reviews... I'll ask on Monday to go sure though about the spoiler policy.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #991
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Oh...
Well I was wondering cause they keep mentioning something that will 'drastically change the MCU forever" and I keep wondering what that will be. So it makes me think that the events in CA: TWS spill over into Avengers 2, and then into Cap 3.
I just edited my last post, but
http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-america-2-ending/

Quote:
"We are really excited about this, because it really is its own thing and we leave the world in a certain place, so that Avengers 2 has to acknowledge that and move on, but it’s not like any arrows are being taken out of our quiver."

His screenwriting partner Christopher Markus was quick to jump in and say “It’s not a cliff-hanger.” Later in the afternoon, Marvel Studios president of production Kevin Feige let the following slip:

"It is smack dab between Avengers and Avengers 2. It takes place after both Thor and Iron Man. So it’s sort of the continuity of the release of the film is the continuity of the film as well. Which was sort of the case with the first phase one films but it was a little trickier. But this very much, you know, the ramifications at the end of this film go directly into Avengers 2. Much more so than the other films."

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 03-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #992
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Oh...
It's probably gonna be
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
SHIELD falling apart, what with the deep corruption and all, presumably by HYDRA

We pretty much know that's where this movie is heading. And that would make the most sense as a "huge event" that affects both that SHIELD tv show and Avengers 2

Old 03-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #993
speno94
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix82 View Post
You've seen it too already? 18th sounds way more reasonable than our 21st date... Guess I'll be a little less strict with that deadline from 18th on, too, at least with spoiler stuff. Review can only go online after that date.

*edit* And yeah, our invitation says, reviews... I'll ask on Monday to go sure though about the spoiler policy.
Marvel must have a lot of faith in the film and critics must really like it because review embargoes are usually a week before the film comes out, but this is two weeks before and like Avengers the review embargo was early and set up buzz with the great reviews.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #994
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Interesting that apparently, this film takes place after Iron Man 3 and Thor the Dark World.

So much for the idea that something was wrong with SHIELD during Iron Man 3, hence their absence from the film, considering the events of that film. Anyway...
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Some people had that idea? I just assumed that they avoided the "where are Shield and the other Avengers" question because they are too lazy to address those questions. And by they I mean Marvel.

And if anyone thinks that is a dig, I don't care. I do think it's silly not to address that in your shared Universe. It didn't ruin Iron Man 3 for me and it won't ruin Captain America 2, it's just one of those things that I don't care for.
Really don't get why you two are complaining about this. Yes it's a shared universe. And so are the comics. You don't always need other people heroes or shield etc popping up in a characters solo comic. They need to face their own threats and have their own stories/story arcs. That's what the individual films do. You guys are too much really. And like Chewy said Howlett you didn't make one comment and then drop it. Pages of comments, and your only response was "anyway...." Cause you know chewy was right.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #995
pyrobisson
Side-Kick

Yes, no reviews until the 18th. Can't say a thing until then. Sorry.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #996
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, no reviews until the 18th. Can't say a thing until then. Sorry.
No harm done, we're in the same boat. Was just curious if you've already seen it and if, when and where. General press screenings seem to start next week only, so I'm always curious to hear about other people's experience.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #997
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

That early review embargo is really, really not helping to lower my expectations.

Basically I think I'm at the point that the only thing that could get me less excited for this movie is if Marvel announced they were scrapping the entire movie and hiring Paul W.S. Anderson to reinvent Cap as a were-vamp-zombie hunter.

And even then, I'd still get to stare at Chris Evans for, like, 90 mins or whatever.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:17 PM   #998
Chewy
REDACTED

Has this been posted?

http://video.disney.com/watch/awesom...4543ede4738cd1

Falcon's wings are so cool. Pretty much Marvel's greatest achievement to date

Old 03-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #999
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Has this been posted?

http://video.disney.com/watch/awesom...4543ede4738cd1

Falcon's wings are so cool. Pretty much Marvel's greatest achievement to date

Mackie is absolute, breathtaking WIN here. He has a way of delivering quips and banter really naturally, and getting the same interactions from his co-stars.

Loving the Steve-Sam bromance already. I want more scenes with ScarJo and Mackie too!!

This movie. THIS F****** MOVIE.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #1000
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick

Ugh, **** you Disney. No, I don't want to be redirected to the German site, I want to watch the ****ing video. Any youtube link for that?

Closed Thread