The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #101
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - Part 15

Such an awesome picture!

And my gif was removed; come one, we're all adults here (right?)

I'm really liking the Falcon. At first I was skeptical because I figured he'd be a tag-along, sort of like how Widow was in Iron Man 2: she simply wasn't needed in my opinion (but I enjoyed her performance nonetheless, probably the best thing about that movie).

But Anthony Mackie is really digging his role, and I think he's a perfect actor for it; it's always good when the actors themselves really appreciate their character.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #102
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
How did you feel about the cam work in Bourne?

I'm glad they at least say it's not that bad because that was horrible imo. When they switch camera angle 3-4 times while Bourne is just getting on a motorcycle (the normal way) I just had to laugh.

I hope this is on the level where it just brings some shakiness to it but doesn't come across like they don't believe in the quality of what they are shooting and have to distort it.
I haven't seen the Bourne films in a while but it's somewhat closer to TWS but the shaky cam doesn't really bother me if done right. In TWS, I could tell what was going on, so it was great imo.

I would like to point out that this is Marvel's TDK. Take that as you will. That's the last thing I will say about this film. I won't say anymore in fear of violating my NDA. See you all in March...

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 02-25-2014, 11:33 AM   #103
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
The first ten minutes of the film is different than the crap that IMDB poster spewed out about the movie.
Annoyingly enough, that poster on IMDb just edited their post this morning to swap out their original 'opening' with a rundown of the information that's been provided by the reviews of the 10 minute screening.

Thank goodness for 'edited' time stamps

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 02-25-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #104
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

On the subject of Iron Man 3, I liked how it was about Stark proving that it wasn't the suit that made him. But the twist was disappointing, and the kid felt pointless in my opinion.

And with Potts on those movies, you never really get a sense of Stark's 'playboy' attribute; I had figured he'd have a lot of girlfriends, and the thing with Potts would be something that would develop over a series of movies.

What is a 'shaky cam'? If that's where the camera is moving so fast you can't see what's going on, I hate that. I want the fighting scenes to be where I can directly see the wind-up, the process, and the impact of every individual punch or kick. Cap's fight against Red Skull in TFA was not as cool as it could have been, but at least I could tell what was going on.

My favorite part of TFA was his fight against those 4 (?) HYDRA agents aboard that large ship thing right before he fought the Red Skull.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #105
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I like that there is some red in his wings. Now hopefully his next costume will have a little bit more
Mackie says that his uniform will be changing as they move forward -- this is sort of an initial get up based on his military background.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #106
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Final warning on this guys: the thread was derailed for 4 pages with non-Cap discussion (TDW and now IM3). Guys...STOP! Iron Man and Thor have forums. GO THERE! Hence forth, posts shall be deleted and I'm going to hand out punishments if this gets derailed again.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #107
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

From what I have read about Falcon, he looks a lot cooler in the poster than he did in the comics. I also like his background better in this one than what I've read about him from the comics.

I believe the comic version of the character was a pimp at one point.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 02-25-2014, 11:42 AM   #108
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

So will we see a poster with Frank Grillo on it?

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 02-25-2014, 11:42 AM   #109
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Old 02-25-2014, 11:44 AM   #110
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 02-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #111
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Fury and Falcon are bad ass.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #112
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Oh man look at WS! Nice!!
And I think that is the best helmet Cap has had yet!

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 02-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #113
speno94
Side-Kick

Quote:
From what I have read about Falcon, he looks a lot cooler in the poster than he did in the comics. I also like his background better in this one than what I've read about him from the comics.

I believe the comic version of the character was a pimp at one point.
I agree too! I like the film backstory for Falcon is better than the comics with him being ex air force and now dealing with soldiers with PTSD.

I think in the Ultimates, Falcon was a explorer I can't quite remember.

And the 616 comics, he was a pigeon trainer and was involved in gangs something like that.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #114
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Wow those posters up above are some of the worst I've seen yet.

I like it better when TWS has his mask off... of at least has that thing covering the bottom half of his face.

I like Falcon's appearance and background in this movie cause it's a lot more 'realistic' and bearable. It just wouldn't be to great if he busted out a red suit and stuff.

It's like the Russo's are 'easing' us into his red suit for sure though, or at least a variant of it.

EDIT: And have we heard anything about Falcon being in Avengers 2?

Old 02-25-2014, 11:59 AM   #115
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Nothing on Falcon being in Avengers 2.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #116
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Nothing on Falcon being in Avengers 2.
That sucks. Yet we've heard about Don Cheadle being in Avengers 2? I think Falcon will receive much more positive feedback than Warmachine. He'd be an awesome character in Avengers... but I sort of like his exclusivity to The Winter Soldier...

I have a pretty new sig!

Old 02-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #117
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Mackie wants to be in Avengers 2. We do know that he's likely to be a part of Cap 3.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:05 PM   #118
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post

winter soldier rocks

Old 02-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #119
Loki882
Side-Kick

I also think that that's the best costume that BW has had in any of the movies so far. It looks really good. Oh and WS looks badass, enough said.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #120
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Essential Captain America Elements:
-Amazing Hand-to-Hand combat; Check
-Motorcycle; Check
-M1911;
-Tactical Assessment and Execution;
-Impossibly advantageous shield throws; Check
-Righteous Hero of Justice and Freedom; Check

Anyone care to add on?

Old 02-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #121
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Shaky cam doesn't automatically equate to incomprehensible action. It depends on how well it's used. The Raid and Man of Steel used it, and I understood everything I was seeing.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 02-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #122
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
Wow those posters up above are some of the worst I've seen yet.

I like it better when TWS has his mask off... of at least has that thing covering the bottom half of his face.

I like Falcon's appearance and background in this movie cause it's a lot more 'realistic' and bearable. It just wouldn't be to great if he busted out a red suit and stuff.

It's like the Russo's are 'easing' us into his red suit for sure though, or at least a variant of it.

EDIT: And have we heard anything about Falcon being in Avengers 2?
The images freshman posted aren't strictly posters. The first three, at least, look to be tied to promotion that Skype is doing. They did similar for Thor 2: http://thortdw.skype.com/#view-artwork (not bringing up Thor 2 as a discussion topic, just pointing out the promotion similarity with Skype - don't get mad at me mods!!!! ) - it's unlikely they will be actual physical movie posters

The bottom images, given the look of them, are also likely to be used in other 'non poster' promotional materials.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 02-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #123
universeman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Final warning on this guys: the thread was derailed for 4 pages with non-Cap discussion (TDW and now IM3). Guys...STOP! Iron Man and Thor have forums. GO THERE! Hence forth, posts shall be deleted and I'm going to hand out punishments if this gets derailed again.
I know what you mean in the AOU thread some of the characters had threads but no Cap thank goodness he does now after all we can`t give Cap the cold shoulder and leave him out in the cold

Old 02-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #124
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
I know what you mean in the AOU thread some of the characters had threads but no Cap thank goodness he does now after all we can`t give Cap the cold shoulder and leave him out in the cold
He was in the cold for what, 70 years?

I'm certainly eager to see this movie, but I can't help but get more excited to see how it affects the MCU as a whole. For anyone who has seen it, does it affect the MCU a lot? That's what everyone's been saying (Marvel, Russo, Feige).

And I really hope any abilities Cap shows in TWS carries over to Avengers 2.

EDIT: Abilities as in, no need for parachute, new acrobatic fighting style, super shield-throws, and the like.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #125
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

The footage of the fighting on the tanker shown at D23 wasn't shot like a Bourne movie at all, but they could've tweaked it since September.

- CM Punk
Closed Thread