The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 01:39 AM   #226
sportjames23
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
There ya go. Just post the code after 'v='.

But we had child Zod, a BOY child.

LOL, thanks. I was wondering why mine didn't post right.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:09 AM   #227
The_Harvest
Banned User

http://screenrant.com/batman-vs-supe...-luthor-flash/

Quote:
While Michael Rosenbaum has been acting steadily for over 15 years, having played dozens of different characters, many DC fans would agree that Rosenbaumís portrayal of Superman arch-villain Lex Luthor remains his most indelible creation. Rosenbaum played the iconic character for 7 of Smallvilleís 10 seasons, spanning across both the WB and The CW networks, and even reprised the role for the long-running dramaís series finale.

To say Rosenbaum put his own stamp on the role of Luthor would be an understatement, but fans of DCís animated universe know full well that Rosenbaumís involvement with legendary comic characters didnít stop there. From 2001-2006, Rosenbaum played The Flash and his alter ego Wally West on the popular Cartoon Network animated series Justice League/Justice League Unlimited and returned to the role for 2012 direct-to-video animated feature Justice League: Doom.

That all begs the question: If Rosenbaum was offered a role in Zack Snyderís upcoming Batman vs. Superman film, which of his previous characters would he take? The actor addressed just that during a recent interview with Cinekatz while promoting his new film Back in the Day. The answer may surprise you:

ďI would lean toward The Flash kind of guy. The guy who wants to take light of the situation, when everyone is so upset and the world is dying heís like, ĎHey everythingís going to be alright! Letís go bowling!í Thatís always been me. Thatís kind of me and Iíve always had that temperance- the ability to make things better than they are. I think thatís my gift, honestly, is to entertain. Iíd have to say Iíd be closer to The Flash. I have some evil in me, but Iíd be positive for the most part.Ē

Yep, it appears that a large contingent of fansí choice for the the screenís best Lex Luthor would much rather save the world on film than take it over. Rosenbaum also had some interesting things to say about Jesse Eisenberg, who many have dubbed a controversial choice to play Luthor in Snyderís film:

ďFirst off, I think heís a really good actor. I donít think he needs any advice from me, heíll do his homework. Do it your way. Iím sure Zack [Snyder] has an idea. He cast you for reason. Jesseís a good actor. Heíll do it his own way and thatís the best way. If you can do it your way, if you succeed or fail, you succeed because you are being original. If youíre trying to emulate someone, youíll always be compared. Thatís why I didnít want to be compared during ĎSmallville.í I didnít watch any of Gene Hackman as Lex. Heíll be fantastic. Great actor, no problem with it.Ē

Jesse Eisenberg in The Social Network Batman vs. Superman: Michael Rosenbaum Talks Eisenberg as Luthor, Playing The Flash

While itís nice of Rosenbaum to extol Eisenbergís virtues, itís doubtful that the word of a former Lex will succeed in getting angry Superman fans to stop calling for the former Mark Zuckerbergís resignation. However, itís not really surprising that Rosenbaum would defend Eisenbergís casting, as Rosenbaum himself was not at all known for playing Lex Luthor-style roles prior to his casting in Smallville.

Lest we forget, Rosenbaumís most high profile live-action role prior to playing Luthor was as one of the titular characters on the short-lived WB sitcom Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane. Outside of that, Rosenbaumís only other projects of note were some supporting voice work on Batman Beyond and playing a victim in the milquetoast late í90s slasher flick Urban Legend.

While Eisenberg is certainly much more famous going into his debut as Luthor than Rosenbaum was, it doesnít change the fact that neither actor would stand out in a lineup as a natural choice to play the villain. If Rosenbaum had never played Luthor before, would fans even bring him up when discussing their dream casting for Batman vs. Superman? Itís a hypothetical scenario to be sure, but itís still one worth considering.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:44 AM   #228
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Michael Rosenbaum was a brilliant Lex.

Ya know that article really does make some great points on the Eisenberg doubters. Its true that Rosenbaum wasn't known for a Lex type role beforehand. Eisenberg deserves a chance to be seen if he can pull it off.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:00 AM   #229
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Michael Rosenbaum was a brilliant Lex.

Ya know that article really does make some great points on the Eisenberg doubters. Its true that Rosenbaum wasn't known for a Lex type role beforehand. Eisenberg deserves a chance to be seen if he can pull it off.
I'm staying optimistic about Jesse, I like everything about him but his voice. Rosenbaum didn't exactly have "the" Lex voice but it still worked well, he did the quiet type of Lex instead of the, "ALIEN this and ALIEN that".
I just can't see Jesse doing either of them, who knows though, he may introduce something else entirely..

Old 02-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #230
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Eh from what I saw Rosenbaum was the only decent part of Smallville. I really liked his Wally West on JLU but it doesn't change my opinion on Eisenberg's casting. I like him as an actor in his nerdy roles and I've accepted that he's been cast and I know that won't change now. It just means I'm a lot less excited to see Snyder's interpretation of Luthor.

I still have Gal as Wonder Woman and the Bat Suit to look forward to though. Plus all that stuff about this actually being a sequel to MoS. Also I guess as a silver lining Eisenberg has made me less hesitant to see Affleck in the role.

HERESY!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:57 AM   #231
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post

Old 02-27-2014, 10:17 AM   #232
The_Harvest
Banned User

And now it's Kevin Spacey's turn to give his opinion on Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40291

Quote:
Kevin Spacey On Jesse Eisenberg Playing Lex Luthor
When it was announced that Jesse Eisenberg will play the traditionally bald baddie Lex Luthor in 2016's Batman Vs. Superman film, some fans were in uproar. Not cinema's previous Metropolitan power-mad magnate, however, as our interview with Kevin Spacey in the new issue of Empire reveals.
"First of all, I think [Jesse Eisenberg] is a remarkable actor. He's just going to ****ing own it. I think it's a great idea and I wish him the best with it."
"But now I want to explore different terrain," Spacey adds. "I wrote Woody Allen a letter last year, saying I'd be keen to do something with him. And he wrote back, very charmingly, so I'm on the list now! I set him up with a Netflix subscription too, but I don't know if he's used it. So, yeah, it would be great if that happened. I'm going to write to Scorsese. There are a lot of directors I need to get letters out to..."
These are just teasers for the interview proper, which touches on everything from working with Richard Pryor on See No Evil, Hear No Evil to winking at Meryl Streep on the set of Heartburn in 1986. Look forward to finding out how his passion for impersonations came about and who has recently appeared on his mimicking roster.
Season 2 of House Of Cards is on Netflix right now. The issue of Empire - with Godzilla on the front - is also available right now, and for more details of what else to expect in our "megazine",

Old 02-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #233
roach
I am the night

It is time to retire some arguments:
1) The Destruction in Metropolis
2) Superman killing
3) Trunks
4) Actresses you'd rather have instead of Gal Gadot as WW
5) Movie is overcrowded
6) Actors you'd rather have as Lex
7) WB's "Plan"
8) Actors who'd make better Batmen
9) Movie title: "Vs" vs World's Finest
10) Marvel vs WB/DC

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 02-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #234
shallbecomeabat
Yes, father...

Quote:
2) Superman killing
3) Trunks
5) Movie is overcrowded
7) WB's "Plan"
10) Marvel vs WB/DC
Yes. Those ten should be like the 10 hype MoS sequel thread commandments.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:48 AM   #235
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Can we still talk about why Man Bat and Clayface would make good villains in the movie?

Old 02-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #236
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
Can we still talk about why Man Bat and Clayface would make good villains in the movie?

Old 02-27-2014, 10:57 AM   #237
Dk1201
Side-Kick

I don't see an image.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:01 AM   #238
roach
I am the night

Quote:

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 02-27-2014, 11:05 AM   #239
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
I don't see an image.
Well there is one. Whatever firewall you are behind isn't allowing it to come through.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 02-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #240
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

1) The Destruction in Metropolis - its a god damn comic book film, people need to get over this. Infact go pick up most Superman comics from the past twenty years and you'll see citys destroyed.
2) Superman killing - loved it, great twist to have, leaves stuff open for the next film
3) Trunks - they're gone, get over it peeps
4) Actresses you'd rather have instead of Gal Gadot as WW - not really a WW fan so don't have an opinion. Think she'll do a decent job tbh
5) Movie is overcrowded - we know nothing concrete this argument has no merit
6) Actors you'd rather have as Lex - Denzel Washington, Jaquin Phoenix, Matthew McConaughey etc but will give Jesse a chance
7) WB's "Plan" - MOS was the start of the DC Cinematic universe, Superman Batman is the next step, I think its better to just take each step as it comes. The universe will come together in the end.
8) Actors who'd make better Batmen - well I'm happy with Ben Affleck, but wanted either Ryan Gosling (think he'd be perfect) or Rob Kazinsky
9) Movie title: "Vs" vs World's Finest - I'd be happy with just Superman Batman, I certainly don't want Batman vs Superman. I also think Superman should get the lead in the title.
10) Marvel vs WB/DC - it doesn't exist in the movies, WBs don't just make CBMs whereas Marvel studios do. I just enjoy every CBM that I can no matter the studio.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #241
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

One thing about the trunks. I like the design for Man of Steel and New 52's Superman's suit but at the same time, it feels like it needs something else. It's just all blue from neck to boot. I feel that maybe they could add some red streaks down the line or just something. The red trunks really added color to the suit. I'm fine with the trunks gone but I just think if the trunks are gone, we need to add red somewhere, somehow in the suit.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #242
TheNextNolan22
Bork Hungry! Bork Smash!

Quote:
2) Superman killing
3) Trunks
5) Movie is overcrowded
7) WB's "Plan"
10) Marvel vs WB/DC
The Ten SuperheroHype/MOS Commandments.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:58 AM   #243
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Quote:

Clay Face and Man Bat both have super human strength and could hold their own again superman

Old 02-27-2014, 12:04 PM   #244
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Clay Face and Man Bat both have super human strength and could hold their own again superman
No they can't. Next!

Old 02-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #245
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
2) Superman killing
3) Trunks
5) Movie is overcrowded
7) WB's "Plan"
10) Marvel vs WB/DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
1) The Destruction in Metropolis - its a god damn comic book film, people need to get over this. Infact go pick up most Superman comics from the past twenty years and you'll see citys destroyed.
2) Superman killing - loved it, great twist to have, leaves stuff open for the next film
3) Trunks - they're gone, get over it peeps
4) Actresses you'd rather have instead of Gal Gadot as WW - not really a WW fan so don't have an opinion. Think she'll do a decent job tbh
5) Movie is overcrowded - we know nothing concrete this argument has no merit
6) Actors you'd rather have as Lex - Denzel Washington, Jaquin Phoenix, Matthew McConaughey etc but will give Jesse a chance
7) WB's "Plan" - MOS was the start of the DC Cinematic universe, Superman Batman is the next step, I think its better to just take each step as it comes. The universe will come together in the end.
8) Actors who'd make better Batmen - well I'm happy with Ben Affleck, but wanted either Ryan Gosling (think he'd be perfect) or Rob Kazinsky
9) Movie title: "Vs" vs World's Finest - I'd be happy with just Superman Batman, I certainly don't want Batman vs Superman. I also think Superman should get the lead in the title.
10) Marvel vs WB/DC - it doesn't exist in the movies, WBs don't just make CBMs whereas Marvel studios do. I just enjoy every CBM that I can no matter the studio.
Your plan has worked brilliantly, roach.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #246
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Your plan has worked brilliantly, roach.
it actually backfired on me

Old 02-27-2014, 12:24 PM   #247
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I was being sarcastic. Damn the Internet for not including sarcasm fonts.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #248
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

I think you're looking for this:

Old 02-27-2014, 12:29 PM   #249
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
2) Superman killing
3) Trunks
5) Movie is overcrowded
7) WB's "Plan"
10) Marvel vs WB/DC

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #250
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I think you're looking for this:

I don't like that icon, so I don't tend to use it. Looks too much like someone with rosacea screaming, "OH SNAP!" which doesn't convey much sarcasm to me.