The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 03-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

Default What if Thanos isn't the villain in Avengers 3?

It seems like we've all been assuming Thanos will be the main villain of Avengers 3, but what if that's not actually the case? Maybe Marvel will do sort of a "super-crossover" after Avengers 3 simply titled The Infinity Gauntlet. And it could be a crossover between the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and any other teams we might have by the end of Phase Three (Inhumans?).

If they could balance ALL those characters well enough in a single movie, it'd be quite the blockbusting, cinematic experience. Plus it would be less expected, and it would free up Avengers 3 for another villain or storyline that we might want to see. Assuming it's a possibility, what non-Thanos villain do you think could cap off an Avengers trilogy?

Just a thought, though perhaps an unrealistic one...

CinematicESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
Drizzle
ALL HAIL MAURICE

Default Re: What if Thanos isn't the villain in Avengers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinematicESP View Post
It seems like we've all been assuming Thanos will be the main villain of Avengers 3, but what if that's not actually the case? Maybe Marvel will do sort of a "super-crossover" after Avengers 3 simply titled The Infinity Gauntlet. And it could be a crossover between the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and any other teams we might have by the end of Phase Three (Inhumans?).

If they could balance ALL those characters well enough in a single movie, it'd be quite the blockbusting, cinematic experience. Plus it would be less expected, and it would free up Avengers 3 for another villain or storyline that we might want to see. Assuming it's a possibility, what non-Thanos villain do you think could cap off an Avengers trilogy?

I think they're going to do that anyway with Avengers 3. But Thanos has to be the big bad in 3. There's no other way around it. By that time, it will have been 6 years since his first appearance was teased. Can't keep holding him back for long.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinematicESP View Post

They'd have to get new contracts done up for basically everyone.

Evans, Hemsworth, RDJ, SLJ, especially are only signed until A3. A couple go past (Ruffalo, Sebastian Stan, GotG folks, etc.)

Huddsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #4
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

The Marvel Universe vs Thanos in 2018/19 is a lock.

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #5
The Endless
Side-Kick

It's all building to Thanos as THE big bad. They wouldn't keep on with the infinity gems sub plots if they weren't intending to use Thanos.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #6
KevanG
Brony

It's really Squirrel Girl who's the big bad of the series. Thanos is terrified of her and wants the gems just so he has a chance to beat her.

#saveWontkinsMom
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:01 AM   #7
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
I think they're going to do that anyway with Avengers 3. But Thanos has to be the big bad in 3. There's no other way around it. By that time, it will have been 6 years since his first appearance was teased. Can't keep holding him back for long.
I agree with you!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #8
Roadkill
Not a Side-Kick

If it wasn't Thanos, I'd like the villian to be Kang the Conqueror.... but it'll be Thanos.

Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:55 AM   #9
kindergregs
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post
It's really Squirrel Girl who's the big bad of the series. Thanos is terrified of her and wants the gems just so he has a chance to beat her.
This is the best comment I've ever seen.

kindergregs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #10
Sexy Magician
Side-Kick

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Thanos is gonna be the villain in Avengers 3, plus everyone's expecting it, and some people, like myself, who can't wait to see him in Avengers 3, Would be bummed out.

After A3 I wouldn't mind seeing Kang in a possible sequel, if there is any more after that who knows, Korvac, Masters of Evil, Kree, the return of an upgraded Ultron, Scarlet Witch going crazy, maybe even Civil War!

Possibilities are endless at Marvel Studios.

Sexy Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #11
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
If it wasn't Thanos, I'd like the villian to be Kang the Conqueror.... but it'll be Thanos.
I think we need 5 Avengers films...
A3: Thanos
A4: Masters of Evil
A5: Kang

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote