The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Old 03-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #26
bullets
bang bang

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 13 "Alone" Discussion Thread

Maggie shouldn't of been the only one to think of that.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #27
Donut
Side-Kick

That dog sure did ruin things

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #28
Evelisse
Exactly

Evelisse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #29
Heretic
Side-Kick

Daryl picked a mighty fine time to act stupid.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #30
Evelisse
Exactly

it felt like someone cut their alarm system and lead those Walkers to the front door. The way they were all in full aggro mode. They surely would have set the sound rope thingy off before they could mass like that.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #31
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
Beth is becoming an avatar for the majority of Daryl's fan base.
As in: Female, barely legal age and somewhat annoying?

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #32
Donut
Side-Kick

That chick is trying 2 get Maggie killed so that she can get Bob 2 stfu

Old 03-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #33
Evelisse
Exactly

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Evelisse; 03-09-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:01 PM   #34
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

I am still digging the show but my GOD enough of these slow episodes. It's time for things to kick back into high gear. And wow 3 episodes left??????

ShadowBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #35
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Better than last week, for sure. Not hugely eventful, but at least they spread the story around to more than two episodes.

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 03-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #36
Evelisse
Exactly

The Daryl and beth snips tonight should have been part of last week. This if anything should have included Tyreese crew.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #37
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Better than last week, for sure. Not hugely eventful, but at least they spread the story around to more than two episodes.
Yea but it's time for everyone to met up at this paradise place. I mean the first half of this season was awesome and then this second half has been meh/okay. With only 3 episodes left I am worried this season will end on a whimper.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #38
Donut
Side-Kick

I guess they are slow burning until the finale

Old 03-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #39
Heretic
Side-Kick

This was definitely yet another time filler episode. Maggie, Bob and Sasha agreed to go to Terminus...then Maggie left them to go to Terminus...then Bob left Sasha to go to Terminus...then Sasha found Maggie and they decided to go to Terminus...then they found Bob and they all agreed to go to Terminus.

I remember having discussions where I said that they'd be walking to Terminus the rest of the season, and people thought I was crazy that they'd kill that much time...but that's what this show does every season. From talking on the farm in one season, to building up to the war that never happened in the next...this show is 70% filler and we all need to accept that.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #40
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Exaggerating is fun.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #41
Heretic
Side-Kick

I'm BARELY exaggerating!

The promised war in the last season took AAAAALL season...and then half of this season...to happen. Yeah, stuff goes down in the meantime...but this show is ALWAYS a sssllllooo-ooowww build to get to the point.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #42
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
This was definitely yet another time filler episode. Maggie, Bob and Sasha agreed to go to Terminus...then Maggie left them to go to Terminus...then Bob left Sasha to go to Terminus...then Sasha found Maggie and they decided to go to Terminus...then they found Bob and they all agreed to go to Terminus.

I remember having discussions where I said that they'd be walking to Terminus the rest of the season, and people thought I was crazy that they'd kill that much time...but that's what this show does every season. From talking on the farm in one season, to building up to the war that never happened in the next...this show is 70% filler and we all need to accept that.
Yea at this point it's clear they are just using these last few episodes as fillers and the finale being where everyone finally mets up again. Then we all will have to wait until October before Season 5 hits.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #43
Evelisse
Exactly

They took a shot, there were many tired of the the confined prison setting, I remember people wanting them on the road for a while. I feel if they wanted to tell an on the road story, this set up, seems like one of the better ways to do it. Surviving on the road looks a lot easier in small groups. A group of what 18ish? people including baby Judith roaming around, trying to feed everyone, setting up camp each night would have gained a lot of complaints as well I think.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #44
Heretic
Side-Kick

I'm fine with it. They use this stuff to get us into the heads of the characters. It can't be constant storyline because then we'd be left with people we know nothing about and dont care for. It could stand to be a little faster paced...but that would require less episodes in a season, and AMC isn't going to lose that cash.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #45
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

So people that read the comics. Any theories on who the group is that Daryol runs into? They are also the same group that chased Rick out of the house.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #46
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

oh my god these episodes have been so damn boring. im all for character development, but this stuff is just dull. the first half of this season wrapped up events that should of been taken care of last season...and the second half of this season is just...nothing.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #47
bullets
bang bang

I think it's been good , but even for myself there were moments were I got bored. I can definitely see where the complaints were coming from. I think they should of switched between characters more often. Also had most of them meet each along the way or gave us some cliffhanger. If last week ended with Beth getting taken it would of been better. Now there is no suspense. We know they are all gonna make it to the terminus. Of course it's going to pick up next week though.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #48
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
So people that read the comics. Any theories on who the group is that Daryol runs into? They are also the same group that chased Rick out of the house.
It's the same group but not sure who the represent from the comics. I'm guessing the hunters

Old 03-09-2014, 10:48 PM   #49
galmorzu
Demolord of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
It's the same group but not sure who the represent from the comics. I'm guessing the hunters
I'm not so sure. I think they're just supposed to represent some real nasty bad guy types that people should be afraid of. The Hunters were creepy because they were essentially such normal people. That's what made them creepy. I really think these guys on the show are just out-and-out depraved baddies.

Also, I'm enjoying the second half of the season. I get that people want more action, but I'm enjoying the character bits. This is the stuff that helps make stuff matter when the action kicks back up again.

On a side note, I love that scene of Daryl trying to run after the car, and it showing him having to stop, run a bit further, and stop again because he's so exhausted. He's not some superhero who's running all morning long after this car. He's obviously pushing himself to the extent his body can go, and he's trying to keep going but his muscles just won't allow it anymore. He's shot.

Just makes his loss more gut-wrenching because you know as he does at that point that the car is long gone and there's almost no point in still trying to run after it.

galmorzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:08 PM   #50
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Yeah I was expecting more to happen between Bob, Maggie, and Sasha. Instead of them splitting up and reuniting. Sadly not much was accomplished with that group. They found the Terminus map/trail 13 min. in and went around in circles whether or not to go there only to head in that direction the last 3 mins. Which we figured everyone would be headed by the end of this season anyway. I enjoyed the development on "awkward" Bob though. As well as Bob's flashback with Glenn and Daryl at the beginning.

And this ep actually has me concerned about Beth for once. Beth doesn't have Hershel, Carl, Maggie, Daryl, or anybody to save her. It'll be interesting to see how she'll handle herself if at all. She told Daryl in this ep. something along the lines that pretty soon she wouldn't need him. I also have a feeling whoever kidnapped Beth stayed at that funeral home. And is maybe taking her to Terminus, but that might be a little to convenient. Plus they left Daryl behind.

And I figured Jeff Kober (can't recall his character's name) and his gang would return. At one point I thought they were the ones who kidnapped Beth. I'm curious to where this is headed between Daryl and them. Since they were the same group who unintentionally ran Rick away from that house two episodes back.

I enjoyed this ep overall. And I was glad to see them make somewhat of an attempt to toughin' up Beth even though it didn't make much of a difference in the end.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote