The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 03-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #26
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: "The Price Of Freedom Is High." The Chris Evans/Captain America Thread

From what's been shown of him so far in the films, he's the walking conscience of the team, which I think is pretty much true to the comics.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #27
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: "The Price Of Freedom Is High." The Chris Evans/Captain America Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Easily the most underrated actor in The Avengers, and it shows when people claim he barely had a presence in the movie, which isnt true.
Agreed. Of the main characters in the movie, only Cap and Fury have extended contact/interaction with all the main Avengers. Iron Man comes next, but he doesn't interact with Black Widow in Avengers much at all. He did in IM2, but in Avengers...only a couple lines of dialogue. Cap had conversations/impacted everyone. He was a major player in the movie.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #28
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Agreed. Of the main characters in the movie, only Cap and Fury have extended contact/interaction with all the main Avengers. Iron Man comes next, but he doesn't interact with Black Widow in Avengers much at all. He did in IM2, but in Avengers...only a couple lines of dialogue. Cap had conversations/impacted everyone. He was a major player in the movie.
I read that originally Whedon was going to have the Avengers movie seen from Cap's POV, but it was later changed. I think Whedon did a fairly good job with his character but I want Whedon to see TWS and make changes in the sequel to make Cap even better in terms of abilities in display and leadership.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #29
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I read that originally Whedon was going to have the Avengers movie seen from Cap's POV, but it was later changed. I think Whedon did a fairly good job with his character but I want Whedon to see TWS and make changes in the sequel to make Cap even better in terms of abilities in display and leadership.
I can see why Whedon made him a bit more apprehensive in Avengers, but I do agree he should display much more efficient technique/command post-TWS. It only makes sense, given he found his role as a leader by Avengers' end.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:31 AM   #30
Destined
BOSS

Chris Evans is the bae for real! A quintessential Cap no doubt!

Destined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #31
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Chris Evans Interview Black Tree
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUJXtyMDk_Y

Chris Evans interview HitFlix
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYjiaqruxUQ

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 03-13-2014 at 04:21 PM.
The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:49 AM   #32
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Chris Evans: Captain America/"Steve Rogers" Official On Set Interview
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtlAZT98UVg

Old 03-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #33
Raiden

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-14-2014, 07:22 AM   #34
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Old 03-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #35
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

I'm sorry… what were y'all saying?

All this gorgeousness. In one picture! GAHHHHHHH!

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:15 AM   #36
universeman
Side-Kick

Is that Peggy and Cap! is it or isn't it?

Old 03-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #37
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

It is and I don't even know why you'd have to ask that.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #38
universeman
Side-Kick

I didn't know who it was at first I knew that was CE but I didn't know who it was beside him that's all.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #39
Destined
BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post

YES! I love it! I'll miss Hayley in MCU. Peggy ftw!

Destined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #40
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post

This is what will happen if they found a youth serum for Peggy and these two reunited as a couple at last.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #41
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Chris Evans "Steve Rogers" Movie Premiere Interview
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwuJXXCew5A

Old 03-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #42
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
This is what will happen if they found a youth serum for Peggy and these two reunited as a couple at last.
Man I say deux ex Tesseract Peggy and de-age her with the cube.

Then she can go fondue with Rogers allllllll night long! #GodBlessAmerica

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #43
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

World Premiere Highlight Featurette
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgl1e9cmJyY

Old 03-14-2014, 03:11 PM   #44
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Old 03-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #45
xeno000
Raining hell from above

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #46
Raiden

I love the picture of Gregg mingling with Evans and Renner. I hope he will appear in AOU.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #47
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
I love the picture of Gregg mingling with Evans and Renner. I hope he will appear in AOU.
Clark Gregg belongs in the MCU because Coulson was "born" there. There are hints that he'll be back.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
On AOS last week Coulson asked Sif not to tell Thor he's alive because he wants to break the news in person. That made me think that he'll have to see Thor and the other Avengers to have that talk. And when Kevin Feige was asked whether Coulson was coming back to the MCU he said, "That is a good question that I probably shouldn't answer for any number of reasons." That definitely leaves the possibility open.

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/the...-rated-r/15194

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:06 PM   #48
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Son of Coul better be in AoU!

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:48 PM   #49
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Last edited by herolee10; 03-17-2014 at 11:58 PM.
herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:48 AM   #50
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

All 90 year old virgin jokes aside, does anyone else find it sad (or even somewhat depressing) that Steve Rogers has yet to experience any real romantic relationships within the MCU? I mean he wasn't really in a relationship with Peggy and his time with her was unfortunately cut short before that could even get to a good place.

Tony, of all people, is enjoying a good time with Pepper, while Thor is catching up on a lot of lost time with Jane. Bruce Banner was at least happy at one point in his life with Betty before things went up in flames with his Hulk transformation.

And granted, while neither Clint or Natasha appear like the type of people to have seriously gotten involved with anyone, I would imagine that they've both (whether with each other or with someone else) have had flings or attachments to at least one person in their illustrious lives.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote