The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 04:44 AM   #476
The Endless
WE are Groot

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

What happens in Cap 2 to say it's not a natural evolution? If you are talking about what I assume you are...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Strucker? Who says he isn't trying to find out why they are the way they are and is trying to replicate? I really doubt he is the one who somehow gave them the powers. I have no doubt he is experimenting on them though. But I think it's him trying to use their DNA to replicate their "evolution".

I just think them being naturally evolved allows for more compelling story telling in the MCU. They are unique. It'd be a shock to the other characters who are used to people being enhanced by genetic experimentation. From Cap and Red Skull to Hulk and the Extremis soldiers. It would even be a shock to someone like Thor who is baffled as to how regular humans naturally evolve these powers.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:54 AM   #477
Levsky
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
I still think they will just be evolved humans. Mutants, just not in name for obvious reasons. They will be experimented on to figure out how they came to be, and to replicate the effect. I seriously doubt they will be enhanced by genetic experimentation etc.

Them naturally evolving these powers and being seemingly the only ones adds a layer of mystery around them. And of course makes them unique compared to the other Avengers. Plenty of story telling potential.
If that's the point (evolved humans - unnamed mutants) then they should show us even more than this simple couple since it wouldn't be logical if the twins were the only known beings of their kind. And who could they introduce apart from them? Another mutant-equivalents, some shared with Fox characters (if there are any)? This mutant substitue idea isn't something I would like to be taken up. If we're talking about such things, I would prefer them to use Wanda and Pietro as ones of Inhumans. At least Inhumans are completely possessed by Marvel Studios and they could later show us more of their kind in their own movie.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:05 AM   #478
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
What happens in Cap 2 to say it's not a natural evolution? If you are talking about what I assume you are...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Strucker? Who says he isn't trying to find out why they are the way they are and is trying to replicate? I really doubt he is the one who somehow gave them the powers. I have no doubt he is experimenting on them though. But I think it's him trying to use their DNA to replicate their "evolution".

I just think them being naturally evolved allows for more compelling story telling in the MCU. They are unique. It'd be a shock to the other characters who are used to people being enhanced by genetic experimentation. From Cap and Red Skull to Hulk and the Extremis soldiers. It would even be a shock to someone like Thor who is baffled as to how regular humans naturally evolve these powers.
You need to wait to see the end of the Winter Soldier. Also, Strucker does not have Loki's staff for no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levsky View Post
If that's the point (evolved humans - unnamed mutants) then they should show us even more than this simple couple since it wouldn't be logical if the twins were the only known beings of their kind. And who could they introduce apart from them? Another mutant-equivalents, some shared with Fox characters (if there are any)? This mutant substitue idea isn't something I would like to be taken up. If we're talking about such things, I would prefer them to use Wanda and Pietro as ones of Inhumans. At least Inhumans are completely possessed by Marvel Studios and they could later show us more of their kind in their own movie.
Well, that's a) not the point so you can put that ease regardless, and b) again, it would be dumb and a disservice to the Inhumans to shoehorn them into this movie that already has a billion other things going on especially when they have a movie planned for them soon anyway. It's the same reason they didn't want to use Kree and Skrulls in the first movie. These things are too big as concepts to just throw into a movie without taking time out to seriously dig into them, which will probably be largely irrelevant to the story they want to tell in the movie. Wanda and Pietro have a role in this movie because they fit what Joss is trying to do. That does not include being a race of subhumans hidden amongst society for eons.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 03-16-2014 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:15 AM   #479
Levsky
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Well, that's a) not the point so you can put that ease regardless, and b) again, it would be dumb and a disservice to the Inhumans to shoehorn them into this movie that already has a billion other things going on especially when they have a movie planned for them soon anyway. It's the same reason they didn't want to use Kree and Skrulls in the first movie. These things are too big as concepts to just throw into a movie without taking time out to seriously dig into them, which will probably be largely irrelevant to the story they want to tell in the movie. Wanda and Pietro have a role in this movie because they fit what Joss is trying to do. That does not include being a race of subhumans hidden amongst society for eons.
I see what you're trying to explain. I'm not saying that there is no other way of integrating them into the Avengers team than making them Inhumans but I said that I would prefer it to the idea of introducing some unnamed mutant kind since it has no sense and could be quite problematic to explore and develop in MCU.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:12 AM   #480
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

´sorry for everyone who thinks that Danvers is an interesting character or more interesting than Rambeau, but I have to disagree. Rambeau has a very unique and original origin and character depth, was the leader of the Avengers for years, while Danvers is just Hal Jordan with boobs instead of a magic ring.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 03-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #481
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
You'd think he woulda had him say it in the first Avengers, considering it was the movie fanboys had been waiting their whole lives for
It was the origin story story though, I'm not sure where that line would fit considering it was the first time they were assembling.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 03-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #482
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
´sorry for everyone who thinks that Danvers is an interesting character or more interesting than Rambeau, but I have to disagree. Rambeau has a very unique and original origin and character depth, was the leader of the Avengers for years, while Danvers is just Hal Jordan with boobs instead of a magic ring.
I accept your apology.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #483
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
I far prefer Monica, too. Her history with the Avengers has been overlooked lately but she was an integral part of the team for years. Monica's powers and origin are unique, not dependent upon getting them from a greater hero and not duplicates of other characters' abilities. She would be far more intriguing visually and her powers would have many interesting possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I accept your apology.
He said that he feels sorry for you, not to you. There is a distinct difference. (I feel sorry for you, too. )

Old 03-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #484
Levsky
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
It was the origin story story though, I'm not sure where that line would fit considering it was the first time they were assembling.
Yep, I said it too. I don't know what would be the purpose of using this line by whoever since their awareness of creating the team and bonds of cooperation were being built throughout whole movie. But I would certainly see it coming in the next one.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #485
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Well if they ARE going to introduce Dr. Strange sometime in the future they need to have magic at some point, why not start with Wanda?
Again, the problem isn't magic. The problem is "magic from genetics experiments".

Old 03-16-2014, 10:57 AM   #486
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Again, the problem isn't magic. The problem is "magic from genetics experiments".
How about adding a sprinkling of your always present admiration of the occult by the Nazi/Hydra agents doing the experiments. The only question now would be why Quicksilver doesnt have that aspect in his powers. Unless his experiment was interrupted or something.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 03-16-2014, 10:59 AM   #487
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
How about adding a sprinkling of your always present admiration of the occult by the Nazi/Hydra agents doing the experiments. The only question now would be why Quicksilver doesnt have that aspect in his powers. Unless his experiment was interrupted or something.
Its *possible*, sure. You can have a borderline supernatural origin meets crazy Nazi mad science. Its more that, if the net result is "genetics experiments = spellcasting" for Wanda, I see it being very hard to sell to the audience. Even if her powers are, technically, magic, they need to be magic *powers*, rather than spellcasting.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #488
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
You'll see it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I accept your apology.
He ought to apologize for the juvenile "my favorite character is way cooler than yours" nonsense. They can be compared and discussed without actively trying to antagonize those who feel differently. Some people can, anyway.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #489
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Danvers, Rambeau or even Kamala Khan, whatever, just give me Ms Marvel asap, thx.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:15 AM   #490
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

As I have stated, if Monica ever shows up in the MCU, she'll be played by Keke Palmer and it will be long after the current crop of MCU actors are no longer playing their respective roles.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 03-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #491
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levsky View Post
Somebody isn't watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

We actually did get a character that was implied to have powers naturally (he even shared a codename with multiple mutants from the comics, Scorch). S.H.I.E.L.D. is also tracking "Unregistered Gifted" in the first episode, implying that more than a few people are running around with secret powers. Iron Man 3 also introduced that whole unused part of the brain that's capable of superpowers.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:41 AM   #492
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Danvers, Rambeau or even Kamala Khan, whatever, just give me Ms Marvel asap, thx.
If the rumors are true, we'll see Danvers in Age of Ultron in a cameo role similar to Agent 13 in Cap 2.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 03-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #493
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
If the rumors are true, we'll see Danvers in Age of Ultron in a cameo role similar to Agent 13 in Cap 2.
Yep, fine with me. She'll be needed as a full team members by Avengers 3. Up front with Hulk!

Old 03-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #494
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Carol, Widow, Hill, Agent 13, Scarlet Witch and possibly Wasp if Evangeline Lilly is playing her.

Those will probably the only females in Avengers 3, because at this point I don't see Sif or Gamora in the film.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #495
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Carol, Widow, Hill, Agent 13, Scarlet Witch and possibly Wasp if Evangeline Lilly is playing her.

Those will probably the only females in Avengers 3, because at this point I don't see Sif or Gamora in the film.
If Thanos is involved, Gamora isn't that unlikely. Heck, maybe we'd even get Moondragon in Guardians 2, with a bit part in Avengers 3.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #496
Lord
All Mighty

The Avengers 2 does seem to have a lot of concepts, i wonder what will bring the team together in the begining of the film

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 03-16-2014, 11:57 AM   #497
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:

Not too bad a showing, especially compared to the 1st film and what a likely 1st JL film would have.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #498
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
The Avengers 2 does seem to have a lot of concepts, i wonder what will bring the team together in the begining of the film
I assume Strucker causing trouble will have the in house Avengers come in like Black Widow, Cap & Hawkeye. As the battle goes on I see Iron Man joining pretty quickly after getting the call and maybe/maybe not Hulk at the climax for dramatic effect if he's anywhere close. And then start explaining away.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #499
Lord
All Mighty

This plot does sound very comic booky, evil Strucker is causing havoc with his power twins, gets caught and the team takes care of the twins, Ultron goes on to cause trouble himself.

If it goes on that way, it does sound like its structure will be very similar to the first film's

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 03-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #500
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
This plot does sound very comic booky, evil Strucker is causing havoc with his power twins, gets caught and the team takes care of the twins, Ultron goes on to cause trouble himself.

If it goes on that way, it does sound like its structure will be very similar to the first film's
Good

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Closed Thread