The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #826
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Btw I thought QS in the comics has white hair, why do I see people saying they want him to have silver hair? It doesnt look silver in the comics to me.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 03-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #827
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderLykins View Post
I knew we wouldn't get anything of substance. But reusing the same art and trying to pass it off as new? That's lazy You can call me a troll or hater or whatever. It's just lazy.
It's concept art to show scenes and possible situations, not like its a freaking movie poster lol. What point is there to creating a totally different tony or hulk when you just need the placeholder to show the settings.

There was a "new" hulk in the hulkbuster pic because that's sometime specific, not something generic like Tony in a new lab or Hulk in a destructive scene.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #828
Kurne
Side-Kick

Doesn't Quicksilver have white hair in the comics because of Magneto? Is that the reason Marvel can't give him white hair?

Old 03-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #829
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurne View Post
Doesn't Quicksilver have white hair in the comics because of Magneto? Is that the reason Marvel can't give him white hair?
The only thing they cant use is their heritage and the mutants. Physical looks are okay to use

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

Old 03-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #830
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
You people can call me a troll all you want. Reusing the same art for a new movie and likely trying to pass it off as "new" is lazy.
I don't get why you think they're trying to pass off the old art as new. They're not reusing images that hardly anyone saw or that can be easily forgotten or weren't all over the place lol. And have you seen much concept art/pre-vis? Check your DVDs/blu-ray extras or get a making-of book to a sci-fi/fantasy/superhero film (sequel). That should stop these embarrassing assertions.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #831
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

I know we didn't get much, but man... just a few well-chosen words for Joss Whedon has my hype bubbling away nicely. Even as someone who had followed all the Marvel Studios movies, The Avengers kinda took me by surprise, as I was so hyped for The Dark Knight Rises that I didn't really follow the development of The Avengers much and it went by under my radar. But then The Avengers blew me away and was amazing, and of course it was one of the biggest films ever, so I have a feeling a lot more eyes are going to be on this sequel. I know I'm certainly following its development much more avidly.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 03-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #832
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I don't think you are whining. I completely get you here. I just think that if we don't see the hair at some point, I don't think it will be because they didn't try.
Spot on. I think for the most part, that's the main prerogative. But once they actually see it and test it, if it doesn't work for that actor or on screen, then it doesn't work.

And I'm liking their looks. Wanda looks like she belongs in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and that isn't a bad thing at all.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #833
Caboose
Side-Kick

Quote:
I knew we wouldn't get anything of substance. But reusing the same art and trying to pass it off as new? That's lazy You can call me a troll or hater or whatever. It's just lazy.
Standard practice is what it is. You seem dense.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #834
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
In Dofp quicksilver is in the 70's
In the Avengers 2 Quicksilver is in the present day
In the comics 70's QS and modern day QS look relatively the same.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 03-18-2014, 09:09 PM   #835
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Okay I must be crazy because I know I will be shot for this.
In Dofp quicksilver is in the 70's
In the Avengers 2 Quicksilver is in the present day
So their costumes are never going to be similar.
Their personalities sound different especially with the time frames, so I dont personally get why people are comparing them. I get people want comic accurate characters but as of right now neither characters are exactly copied from page to screen and that is okay for me, but what if singer brings quicksilver back for apocalypse in the 80's makes him a member of the brotherhood and gives him a costume? I am not trying to cause anything bad but I have heard why people think it on the X-Men forums so thought I should check what peoples opinions are here.

..........what?

Old 03-18-2014, 09:09 PM   #836
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Again I'm trying my best not to "troll". But isn't the point of paying the artists to create new stuff. Does it really save that much more money to reuse the same stuff. I'm trying not to piss everyone off. Why couldn't we just get something new drawn in. I'm sure it would only take these artists a day or two at the most.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #837
RickCoronel
Side-Kick

Is it possible that he gets the white hair in the final battle? Perhaps by pushing his powers to the limit?

Old 03-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #838
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
What makes you think Hulk is the "villain" in that fight....?

Could be that Hulkbuster is controlled by Ultron. Easy enough for him to hack any one (or all) of Tony's suits.

Hulkbuster might be the one on the rampage there, and Hulk is trying to stop him. (Or "it," if Tony isn't inside the suit.)
IMHO it'd be better if Ultron took over the suit with Tony still inside. Would be more dramatic if Hulk has to take the suit down without harming Tony. Otherwise he could just tear it to pieces

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 03-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #839
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Scarlet Witch costume is pretty lazy. One of the only Marvel Studio costumes (can we even call it that?) I have felt nothing for...Quicksilver however looks absolutely perfect.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #840
Brutalitops
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
IMHO it'd be better if Ultron took over the suit with Tony still inside. Would be more dramatic if Hulk has to take the suit down without harming Tony. Otherwise he could just tear it to pieces
Evangelion 01 v. Evangelion 03. Somewhat. Would be prettttty cool.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #841
Kurne
Side-Kick

Quicksilver looks BADASS nonetheless. I always pictured Pietro in his blue suit for this film. There'd be too much green with Hulk and Vision :P

Old 03-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #842
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
While I'm excited about the Hulkbuster, I'm kind of confused.

In Avengers, Banner loses control and attacks Black Widow and Thor.
Later on he says he's always angry and in control of Hulk for the final battle.
Now in Avengers 2, he loses control of Hulk.

Make up your mind Banner. Can you control it or not?
Honestly, we know nothing about the movie. Is that even Stark in the suit or controlling it? Maybe it's not really a fight, but Hulk helping Stark test a new suit.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #843
Kurne
Side-Kick

Also why does the color scheme on Ant-Man remind me of Captain Britain o_0

Old 03-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #844
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
Standard practice is what it is. You seem dense.
Why do I seem dense? I'm not into the concept art stuff so I had no idea they reused the same stuff in previous films.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #845
Caboose
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Scarlet Witch costume is pretty lazy. One of the only Marvel Studio costumes (can we even call it that?) I have felt nothing for...Quicksilver however looks absolutely perfect.
5 bucks says that's just her civilian outfit.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #846
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

wow....We didn't crash lol There was 231 people in here at one point

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #847
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
In the comics 70's QS and modern day QS look relatively the same.
In the comics most superheros look the same now as they did in the 70's without obvious costume changes haha but movies have to use real time. Also In the comics he has natural white hair :P
I just think perhaps if Fox's is just in civilian clothes and has this punky edgy personality it works. Obviously if it was present day Singer wouldnt put him in that, Everyone comments on his bland designs for the future costumes so if we saw QS in the future he would likely be in something more accurate.

I guess my point is I don't like the "this is better than that" debate when I just want to enjoy both for what they are and enjoy the performances.

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

Old 03-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #848
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
5 bucks says that's just her civilian outfit.
We can only hope.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #849
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Pietro's hair has the cut even if it doesn't have the color (and it appears to have silver tips anyway), plus his costume is a close approximation of the blue/white bodysuit even if the lightning motif isn't there (which he could still get once he becomes a full blown superhero). So I'm fine with it.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #850
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I actually like the look of Wanda. It has a kinda gypsy vibe to it, while keeping the red aesthetic. Scarlet Witch is not a character I've ever really been big into, but this piqued my interest in the portrayal for sure.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Closed Thread