The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 05-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #1
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Default Alpha Flight

With this whole idea of the X-Men Universe expanding, to me it makes a lot of sense to go with an Alpha FLight movie.

First, I'm not even sure who owns the rights to this one. If it is Marvel, then it might be a little more difficult since this team is very closely related to the X-Men.

But that doesn't mean it can't be done.

I mean, do you really need Wolverine to make a good Aplha Flight movie? Although it can't hurt, the answer should be no.

So, which charactrs should make it into an Alpha Flight movie?

Well, let's break down each one:

Guardian/Weapon Alpha or Vindicator

Makes sense to me. He's the leader and the exosuit idea can work.

Sasquatch

I always loved this guy, and every team needs muscle.

Snowbird

She's a neat concept for a character and has an interesting ability that would play well on screen.

Northstar and Aurora

They kind of go hand in hand (see what I did there) and Northstar's personality, and Aurora's flirtation with Sasquatch, would make for interesting storylines.

Shaman

Maybe. Looks cool and is always the level-headed one. Also his relationship with Snowbird and how he found her and protects her could play into things.

Puck

I think Puck is a must. Likely the most popular Alpha Flight character. I am just pissed that Marvel wasted Peter Dinklage in a stupid roll instead of saving him for Puck!!!!!

Now the big question is who would be the best villain?

This one may be the most difficult to come up with and again I guess it largely comes down to what villains whomever owns Alpha Flight owns.

For example, would Wendigo be possible?

This would make a lot of sense since the Wendigo is normally found in Northern Canada.

The Master (of the World) seems like a specific Aplha Flight villain, but very unknown. Plus it would require the story to get into the whole Plodex story. Maybe not a good option.

Tanaraq could work, but likely too close to Wendigo.

Maybe all of the Great Beasts (including Tanaraq) could work? This story would play into the Snowbird character's story.

In the end, I feel there is enough substance here, and some really good characters, to make this happen.

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Default Re: Alpha Flight

IMO, Alpha Flight works better on TV and it's still the riskiest X-Men property. I'm also not sure if Wendigo is part of the X-Men rights since he's also a Hulk villain but maybe he's kind of like Quicksilver or Viper where the rights are shared.

I'd also replace Snowbird with Vindicator (Heather Hudson), Box (Madison Jeffries) and Windshear (Colin Hume), then introduce Marrina before Snowbird. Snowbird would be more of a recurring character who's a deity to Shaman's tribe who eventually joins the team herself come season 2.

Wolverine and Deadpool would just be guest stars in one episode each in Season 1.

I'd also do New Mutants and X-Factor on TV first before touching Alpha Flight.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #3
Sexy Magician
Side-Kick

Never really cared for Alpha Flight, would want to see an X-Force movie first, would also like to see an X-Factor Investigations movie to, Multiple Man has grown to be a really great character in the comics, I think Layla Miller would go down well with movie goers, who wouldn't want to see Strong Guy in live action, throw in Wolfsbane, Siryn and Longshot and you got a movie I would want to see

Sexy Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:48 AM   #4
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Not interested in them too. Though visually, they could look cool in live-action.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:01 PM   #5
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Just feeling that if they are going to expand the universe, which means in addition to things like X-Force and X-Factor, then this would be a good way to go...

Old 05-30-2014, 02:01 AM   #6
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Films like X-Force, X-Factor, Alpha Flight would surely expand the X-movieverse, but I'm afraid it will also lead to saturation and audience fatigue.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #7
Super Jim
Side-Kick

But that doesn't seem to be happening with Avengers.

We've had what, 10 different Avengers or Avengers character movies and people have been very happy. Now we're getting Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man and people are talking about Black Panther, Vision, abd Doctor Strange. Have I missed any?

And there is buzz on all of this.

I think this is all being looked at as a positive because of how it's been done, so as long as they do it right, expanding the X-Men universe with things like X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur and Alpha Flight just makes a lot of sense.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:42 PM   #8
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Avengers is different. Most people didn't knew about Avengers when Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America. It was basically 4 franchises coming together and it was the appeal of it.

With X-Men, its either the original cast and the spin-offs. And judging from box-office record, people tuned less for the spin-offs. They are all under the X-Men category. Unlike Iron Man/Captain America/Black Panther who could be seen as their own thing and not as a spin-off of the Avengers.