SHH! Moderator

Default Re: FOX Shared Universe

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:53 PM   #2
Green Goblin
Re-Reboot!

Default FOX Shared Universe

Seeing as after DOFP they are trying to make a universe to rival the MCU, what can and should FOX do to make it work? How could they tie in the F4 reboot?

Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Who do you guys think will be the strongest character in the X-universe and the FF-Universe? I'm hoping it's Jean, but there really upping Sue's powers. The Thing looks like it could be the strongest in terms of brute strength.

Mad Ones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:06 PM   #4
Eddie
Side-Kick

Default Re: FOX Shared Universe - Part 1

Apparently Fox is still having difficulties with upcoming Foxverse title Gambit. The word is that even more directors have turned them down, including JC Chandor and Gareth Evans. I could definitely see the title getting pushed back at this point.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Seeing as after DOFP they are trying to make a universe to rival the MCU, what can and should FOX do to make it work? How could they tie in the F4 reboot?
Congrats on your thread.... when FF and DOOM go-to the N-ZONE they can see glimpses of X-Men and Silver Surfer/Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
Who do you guys think will be the strongest character in the X-universe and the FF-Universe? I'm hoping it's Jean, but there really upping Sue's powers. The Thing looks like it could be the strongest in terms of brute strength.
Jean Grey Storm Invisible Woman Silver Surfer

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:19 PM   #6
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Apparently Fox is still having difficulties with upcoming Foxverse title Gambit. The word is that even more directors have turned them down, including JC Chandor and Gareth Evans. I could definitely see the title getting pushed back at this point.
Gambit will receive massive fan interest after he has a sensational cameo in X-Men: Apocalypse that rivals the definitive performance of Quicksilver from X-Men: DoFP.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #7
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
I'm hoping Psylocke and Invisible Woman!

Quote:
So the same conversations that happen in the horrid Fantastic Four Reborn thread are starting to spread to the X-boards now? This thread should be about how Fox movies can cross over. So if you feel compelled to see this happen you are more likely to be optimistic about Fantastic Four. But no, that conversation can't happen because being a "blind optimist" (how do you qualify such a label again?) is such a terrible thing.
I know and apparently, someone in the Fantastic Four thread linked this thread to continue that type of conversation here and people who are legit excited for the film are being insulted by labeling us as "just X-Men fans" who are also blind optimist. I couldn't even comment on the latest ad for the film in that section because of the people there constantly complaining every single thing they see or read. Then it continues here? geez.

"We could these powers to help people" - Johnny Storm - The Human Torch
"You can't fix this, nobody can" - Ben Grimm - The Thing

Last edited by psylockolussus; 05-22-2015 at 10:03 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:19 PM   #8
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

They will find someone to do gambit but probally not an a lister like tatum wants.

It's just gets ridculas.Again i say why keep posting about film you have no intrest in seeing.

Michael Jordan responding to online hate gets turned into another attack.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:20 PM   #9
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMinesMarvel View Post
Gambit will receive massive fan interest after he has a sensational cameo in X-Men: Apocalypse that rivals the definitive performance of Quicksilver from X-Men: DoFP.
A Gambit cameo in Apocalypse would seem to be the thing to do, sure, but recent events (particularly that one Channing Tatum comment) made it seem as though that was no longer in the cards.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:28 PM   #10
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Come on, directors! I really want this movie!

Old 05-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #11
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Hopefully Gambit uses his famous quote "Bang, You Dead" love when he says that to Wolverine after they fight.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #12
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Why not the Wachowskis again? They worked with Tatum on Jupiter Ascending. And they did amazing physical stunts with Matrix, which is still incredible to watch today. Making a mutant flick with that sort of aesthetic would be incredible...

Old 05-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #13
ThePhantasm
a little short for a

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Why not the Wachowskis again? They worked with Tatum on Jupiter Ascending.
And with how that turned out Tatum no doubt wants to stay as far away from their movies as possible.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | The Shadow of the Bat | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:19 AM   #14
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

God no Wachowskis please.... have you seen their track record?

Old 05-23-2015, 09:22 AM   #15
ThePhantasm
a little short for a

They made like one good movie (the Matrix) and everything else has been crap from there. They are literally one hit wonders.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | The Shadow of the Bat | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:43 AM   #16
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

They made two good films.... Reloaded was entertaining and decent.

After seeing Spy... Paul Feig can do action and he has a good track record, Spy was fun.. though I think he is currently busy writing Ghostbusters.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:12 AM   #17
Eddie
Side-Kick

I'm pretty sure the Wachowskis are in director jail after Jupiter Ascending. While I'm personally not that excited for a Channing Tatum Gambit film, I am curious who will finally say yes. A totally random, top of my head guess... I'm not sure why, but I could see Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland) doing it. I don't know why that jumped to my head. Maybe because he's been considered for a superhero film before and I think he'd be available.

Old 05-23-2015, 01:07 PM   #18
Orba
Side-Kick

Has it been said just what kind of film it will be? A straight superhero type or more of a heist caper type. With the comics Gambit's solo books tend to go back to his crime roots frequently.

Orba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #19
Lip
Side-Kick

Fox has an amazing universe in their hands.

I really want to see a huge mutant universe in the movies.

Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:53 PM   #20
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

deleted

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 05-23-2015 at 10:43 PM.
marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:04 PM   #21
Eddie
Side-Kick

Key point: if true, the Trank cut sucked so much the studio had to spend millions (and scrap the 3D) to attempt to fix it. If Vaughn fixed it, that's cool. Perhaps those Trank apologists will be more willing to acknowledge that "haters" can turn out to be spot on, though. If Vaughn really did this, the fans were right: Nosh Trank blew it.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:10 PM   #22
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

edit

Josh trank debunked it.

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 05-23-2015 at 10:43 PM.
marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:49 PM   #23
Mr. Youtube
Side-Kick

Just going to post this out as a person of colour. I am black, Muslim and Canadian. As a kid I'd always go out and get Batman and Spider-Man toys and play with them and such. I'd have gotten different superheroes but the local Zellers really only seemed to have those two... and I lost my Robin toy... The thing is, I am glad that the New 52 Wally West is black and I am glad that Michael B. Jordan is playing the Human Torch. Looking at those toys, I'd prefer to play with Spider-Man because he wore a mask but even then, I never really felt kinship with him because I knew under the mask he was white. That isn't me being racist, that is me saying I always felt that there should be a toy of somebody who looks like me. I wish Tim Burton got to make his third Batman because there would've been a black Robin.

Look at the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the lead characters in the Avengers. All of them are white except for the new guy whose violet. Now look at X-Men. It has an African Woman, a Cajun man, a paralyzed man, a Holocaust survivor and a Canadian man. Now with Fantastic Four joining this universe we'll have the Thing, a person who does not fit in, and the Storm siblings. Johnny is black and Sue is adopted, that goes so far with such little and it is going to be a testament: family cares for each other regardless of blood (just watch Supernatural). I am excited for the Fox Cinematic Universe because it is the one I will feel more comfortable with.

Mr. Youtube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:54 PM   #24
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Youtube View Post
Just going to post this out as a person of colour. I am black, Muslim and Canadian. As a kid I'd always go out and get Batman and Spider-Man toys and play with them and such. I'd have gotten different superheroes but the local Zellers really only seemed to have those two... and I lost my Robin toy... The thing is, I am glad that the New 52 Wally West is black and I am glad that Michael B. Jordan is playing the Human Torch. Looking at those toys, I'd prefer to play with Spider-Man because he wore a mask but even then, I never really felt kinship with him because I knew under the mask he was white. That isn't me being racist, that is me saying I always felt that there should be a toy of somebody who looks like me. I wish Tim Burton got to make his third Batman because there would've been a black Robin.

Look at the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the lead characters in the Avengers. All of them are white except for the new guy whose violet. Now look at X-Men. It has an African Woman, a Cajun man, a paralyzed man, a Holocaust survivor and a Canadian man. Now with Fantastic Four joining this universe we'll have the Thing, a person who does not fit in, and the Storm siblings. Johnny is black and Sue is adopted, that goes so far with such little and it is going to be a testament: family cares for each other regardless of blood (just watch Supernatural). I am excited for the Fox Cinematic Universe because it is the one I will feel more comfortable with.
Wow. Great and important post

Old 05-24-2015, 04:04 PM   #25
Eddie
Side-Kick

Age of Ultron spoilers

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The Avengers are not all white, and if we're counting Canadians as contributing to X-Men's diverse lineup we should probably count Russians as well. Black Widow is a main character.