The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 03-30-2014, 11:25 PM   #101
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?" - The Original Cast Thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post
Okay.
Not trying to bash the OT cast btw. Just that waiting that long if that's their plan does not seem like the best idea imo.

I hope they do have roles in Apocalypse or whenever required like DOFP is doing.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:32 PM   #102
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Default Re: "Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?" - The Original Cast Thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Not trying to bash the OT cast btw. Just that waiting that long if that's their plan does not seem like the best idea imo.

I hope they do have roles in Apocalypse or whenever required like DOFP is doing.
Fair enough.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:35 PM   #103
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Too many are counting their chickens before they hatch.

Apocalypse Is last film james Mcavoy,Michael fassbender,Jennifer Lawrence,and Nicholas Hoult are under contract for.Apart from Introducing Apocalypse the focus Is likely to be on Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,and Beast not on newbees. And then the 800 Million DOllor question Is are they going to try to get Huck Jackman In APocalypse. Let's remember Apocalypse Is going to be coming out In between third Cap and SUperman/Batman before it and Amazing Spider-man 4 after it.Plus It opens against Alice In wonderland 2
despite Johnny Depp's recent films alice was a blockbuster hit.
The "newbies" wouldn't be newbies at all, they'd be younger versions of characters the audience already knows. As for focus, with the reintroduction of these characters, there's also no guarantee that the focus is going to remain with those 4, and in my opinion it shouldn't.

Quote:
If
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
DOFP creates a split timeline with trilogy and wolverine films exsisting In seperate timeline than FC trilogy
that throws out
any exsisting ideas on who will make the lineup In Apocalypse.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
In split timeline they don't have to wait to have wolverine In X-Men.Cyclops,Jean,and storm expections for apocalypse need to be thrown out if split timeline happens due to fact those 3 as "first students" comes from films not comics.
Gambit and nightcrawler being considered for apocalypse lineup says they will do what they want not what some here are expcting. That has happened with both first class and Days of future Past.
Split timeline or no split timeline, SInger has said that he will introduce "familiar characters in a younger time," and that pretty much includes Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Gambit and Nightcrawler since they're the only familiar mutants alive or old enough to appear in the 80s.

Quote:
The next wolverine film coming out after Apocalypse and It could always feature rogue or kitty as a sidekick.Plus OT cast could also feature In mystery 2018 film.

Let's go this way the mystery marvel fox film of 2018 will be after completion of "FC" trilogy and coming out after Third avengers and the Amazing Spider-man 4.What's going to get more attention a sequel with ot cast members/crossover film between OT cast and FF reboot cast or film with mostly newbees without the FC big guns.
We'll see what happens in 2018 (and if Fox is smart it won't be a crossover), but I wouldn't dismiss the potential of a follow-up film to X-Men: Apocalypse, especially if the roster in that movie will look like what many of us have been speculating (based on what Singer has said and alluded to).

Old 03-30-2014, 11:43 PM   #104
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Same way people are less excited for the OT cast return in DoFP because they've seen new versions of these characters in FC. Oh wait....
NO! haha. Your not following me here at all. If I bring in major fan favorite characters (Gambit, Storm, Nightcrawler etc) into FC , and give them development... then that is gonna make the underdevleoped same characters in the future less anticipated. After DOFP is the perfect time to release on all OT film if they want one. We don't have awesome X-Men besides Beast right now in FC. So the future roster kicks the **** out of FC (where there isn't even an X-Men team). Give FC an awesome roster and villain like Apocalypse and see how much peolpe are anticipating it.

Them changing the focus 100% to the OT is also gonna matter with audiences when that hasn't been the case since 06. Again, post DOFP not post Apocalypse is the time to do that. Otherwise audiences are gonna want to follow the 80s path cause they will be introduced to newer characters who will probably be kicking more ass then the old ones did.

Last edited by def28; 03-31-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:52 PM   #105
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
That much later after introducing new actors with Jean, Scott, Ororo, Gambit and Nightcrawler in Apocalypse? No, I don't think people will care as much about the OT returning in their own film at that point. Who's gonna want to leave that line up? If Apocaylpse casts well, people will want those new actors focused and continued on. They can't start something then drop it. Won't work well for them.

If they were to continue with the OT as main players in their own film, it needs to happen before they introduce/set up new actors in those crucial fan favorite roles. Or they need to have significant roles in Apocalypse.
X-Men Apocalypse could still appear as a prequel though. Especially the new characters are just younger versions of the characters we already saw before.

And don't tell me, the mainstream viewers are gonna prefer the younger version than Famke/Halle/James in their respective roles. James/Michael were great in their roles, but still people are still excited to see Patrick/Ian coming back in the franchise. Its hard to top the original cast, since the franchise bloomed and peaked with them especially most of them already or will be appearing in their 4th X-Men film this year.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:56 PM   #106
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And don't tell me, the mainstream viewers are gonna prefer the younger version than Famke/Halle/James in their respective roles. James/Michael were great in their roles, but still people are still excited to see Patrick/Ian coming back in the franchise. Its not hard to top the original cast, since the franchise bloomed and peaked with them especially most of them already or will appearing in their 4th X-Men film.
Im not saying the casting sucked. If they come out with younger versions they are gonna be kicking more ass and be more developed. Those flicks were just old, and didn't focus on them. It's not gonna be hard to make a better version of Cyclops. Marsden is great and again, that's another reason why Im saying release an all OT before the young ones get introduced if thats the plan.

Going back and forth then dropping casts every 4 years with multiple versions of everybody in different timlines, will not pan out well for them. They have to either keep everyone relevant, choose a main path, or use accrodingly with tine travel.

Last edited by def28; 03-31-2014 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:57 PM   #107
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Will people will be more excited for an ALL OT film after DOFP? Yup. Would people be less excited for an all OT film after new fan favorites are introduced in Apocalypse in 2016? Yup.
Quote:
Same way people are less excited for the OT cast return in DoFP because they've seen new versions of these characters in FC. Oh wait....
Awesome response RikePirado!

Old 03-31-2014, 12:01 AM   #108
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
If they come out with younger versions they are gonna be kicking more ass.
Yeah as if that is guaranteed. Tell that to the younger version of Beast which appeared as an awkward teenager in the first/second half of First Class. Tell that to the younger version of Mystique whom didn't have a kick ass scene in First Class.

Maybe they'll get more development, but kicking more ass? Doubt it.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:04 AM   #109
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Maybe they'll get more development, but kicking more ass? Doubt it.
They are gonna be fighting Apocalypse who usually comes with certain horsemen. So....compared to Toad taking out two A list X-Men and a omega level telepath in seconds Im sure it will be an upgrade.
Quote:
...again we will see what happnes when that A list roster pops up in the past for Apocalypse.

It's impossible to get any point across with the bias. "X-Men OT Cast fanboy" hahaha

Last edited by def28; 03-31-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:16 AM   #110
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

You can say what you want Def28. You won't be the 1st person to use the "bias" card to a fanboy.

Quote:
Going back and forth then dropping casts every 4 years with multiple versions of everybody in different timlines, will not pan out well for them. They have to either keep everyone relevant, choose a main path, or use accrodingly with tine travel.
They could be only giving the OT cast a 4 year break to complete the contract of the FC cast and Fox could be doing another Wolverine solo film, because the only one that has to comeback is Hugh plus it must be cheaper to make compare to another OT cast film. Fox might be also thinking that the OT cast is loyal and they are gonna come back regardless the long gap between their movies.

Well if you ask me, I don't think giving the OT cast another long break is a good idea, because when Fox gave them a break several years ago, this franchise declined at domestic box-office and I think this franchise should have a steady flow, like they shouldn't be going back and forth in the past and present and they just should release a sequel every 2 to 3 years like what they did before because that is easier to follow. But Fox has so many options right now. In my opinion, after the 3rd film with the FC cast and the 3rd Wolverine film. Go back to basics with the original cast in the July 2018 release date.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-31-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:27 AM   #111
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well if you ask me, I don't think giving the OT cast another long break is a good idea, because when Fox gave them a break several years ago, this franchise declined at domestic box-office and I think this franchise should have a steady flow, like they shouldn't be going back and forth in the past and present and they just should release a sequel every 2 to 3 years like what they did before because that is easier to follow.
I agree with the bolded. But that's why I disagree with this...

Quote:
Go back to basics with the original cast in the July 2018 release date.
...and that a better move would be an all OT cast right after DOFP. Unless like I said, they have a strong role in Apocalypse.

Last edited by def28; 03-31-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:36 AM   #112
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
...and that a better move would be an all OT cast right after DOFP.
But clearly Fox doesn't think like you do or like I do. They obviously want to do another film with the FC cast, do another solo Wolverine movie. If its taking them 8 years to release the 4th film featuring the OT cast, another 4 year break is not surprising. Is it a bad move? Only time can tell as I don't see Apocalypse outgrossing Days of Future at the box-office. And like I posted before, they could be using this pattern:

First Class (First Class cast) > The Wolverine (Wolverine solo film) > Days of Future Past (cross-over with the OT cast)
Apocalypse (First Class cast) > Wolverine 3 (Wolvrine solo film) > Untitled 2018 film (cross-over with the OT cast again?)

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-31-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:40 AM   #113
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
But clearly Fox doesn't think like you do or like I do.
I don't know. Besides some of our personal fan hopes I think most of us here have predicted things pretty well on some stuff honestly, yourself included.

I don't want that crossover but that's what I personally think the 2018 date is for.

Quote:
Only time can tell as I don't see Apocalypse outgrossing Days of Future at the box-office.
Disagree with this. But like you said time will tell.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:47 AM   #114
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Disagree with this. But like you said time will tell.
I just don't see it outgrossing Days of Future Past. Maybe unless Hugh Jackman is in the movie. Apocalypse + the younger version of Cyclops, Jean and Storm appearing in the movie won't make it bigger.

Without the appearance of the original cast and without the modern-day setting, it would look like as a period piece or prequel to people and like I said before, prequel sells less tickets unless its Star Wars/The Hobbit. If you look at the box-office record of the X-Men series, that is the case.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:52 AM   #115
def28
Side-Kick

I think it will be an even bigger film with a more hyped villain and fan fav X-Men. Plus I think it will serve almost as a direct two part sequel to DOFP.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:54 AM   #116
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Quote:
NO! haha. Your not following me here at all. If I bring in major fan favorite characters (Gambit, Storm, Nightcrawler etc) into FC , and give them development... then that is gonna make the underdevleoped same characters in the future less anticipated.
I wonder what makes you so sure they'll be much different characters than their older counterparts... You know, same director, same writers...

And do you really think the audience found these characters underdeveloped? Rogue is arguably one of the most crapped character in the series, now look at people's reaction over her being cut out of DoFP.

Quote:
After DOFP is the perfect time to release on all OT film if they want one. We don't have awesome X-Men besides Beast right now in FC. So the future roster kicks the **** out of FC (where there isn't even an X-Men team). Give FC an awesome roster and villain like Apocalypse and see how much peolpe are anticipating it. .
Now that's true.

Quote:
Them changing the focus 100% to the OT is also gonna matter with audiences when that hasn't been the case since 06. Again, post DOFP not post Apocalypse is the time to do that.
I've never suggested such a thing. I just want to see them getting a decent closure and DoFP most likely won't do that.

Quote:
Otherwise audiences are gonna want to follow the 80s path cause they will be introduced to newer characters who will probably be kicking more ass then the old ones did.
There's no actual evidence that this will happen. It's pure wishful thinking so far.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:58 AM   #117
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wonder what makes you so sure they'll be much different characters than their older counterparts... You know, same director, same writers...
Different age for one, people change as do the writers. Who know they have to up the ante on these guys alot from when they first were on the screen.

Quote:
And do you really think the audience found these characters underdeveloped? Rogue is arguably one of the most crapped character in the series, now look at people's reaction over her being cut out of DoFP.
Yes. Cyclops and Storm specifically.

Quote:
I've never suggested such a thing.
But that's what I've been debating this whole time.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:58 AM   #118
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I think it will be an even bigger film with a more hyped villain and fan fav X-Men. Plus I think it will serve almost as a direct two part sequel to DOFP.
Fan fav X-Men played by actors who have yet to appear in a X-Men movie. I know its not about the actors who sell the movie but the characters. But still, there's no nostalgia factor/reunion factor in X-Men Apocalypse unlike in Days of Future Past. I just think without the OT cast, mainstream viewers would be less interested to it, just as the mainstream viewers were less interested to see Origins: Wolverine/First Class/The Wolverine in theaters compare to The Last Stand.

If Days of Future Past is the Avengers of the X-Men series. Apocalypse is the Iron Man 3 of the X-Men series. Still big, but not the biggest.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:58 AM   #119
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Awesome Re: "Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?" - The Original Cast Thre

Quote:

Old 03-31-2014, 12:59 AM   #120
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

You're amazing!

-Britney Spears

Old 03-31-2014, 01:02 AM   #121
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Fan fav X-Men played by actors who have yet to appear in a X-Men movie. I know its not about the actors who sell the movie but the characters.
Bingo
Quote:
If Days of Future Past is the Avengers of the X-Men series. Apocalypse is the Iron Man 3 of the X-Men series. Still big, but not the biggest.
If we are saying DOFP is Avengers. Then Apocalypse is Avengers 2. It will be looked at as a direct follow up.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:06 AM   #122
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
If we are saying DOFP is Avengers. Then Apocalypse is Avengers 2. It will be looked at as a direct follow up.
How can be Apocalypse be equal to Avengers 2, when only four from the cast of DOFP is coming back? With Avengers 2, they have all the heroes coming back.

Apocalypse would be the Iron Man 3 to Days of Future Past, because its only featuring a handful of characters from the last film and of course it is set after the last film.

Quote:
Bingo
Still the nostalgia/reunion factor are bigger marketing tools than Apocalypse + the younger version of Cyclops, Jean and Storm appearing in the movie.

DOFP sounds more fresh and different (2 cast coming together and featuring 2 time periods). With Apocalypse, it will be the usual "you'll see younger version of your favorite characters from the OT films and a new villain".

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-31-2014 at 01:09 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:09 AM   #123
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Quote:
Different age for one, people change as do the writers. Who know they have to up the ante on these guys alot from when they first were on the screen.
They'll be still the same characters. They were Bryan Singer's X-Men ten years ago, they're still Bryan Singer's X-Men now.

Quote:
Yes. Cyclops and Storm specifically.
And people still made an outcry about Rogue that created a bad buzz for the movie, funny huh?

I also have yet to see a GA member complain about Storm being underdeveloped, they simply dislike Halle Berry in the role.

Quote:
But that's what I've been debating this whole time.

When did I say I want the focus to be entirely in the OT cast?

Last edited by Rike; 03-31-2014 at 01:14 AM.
Rike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:12 AM   #124
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
How can be Apocalypse be equal to Avengers 2, when only four from the cast of DOFP is coming back? With Avengers 2, they have all the heroes coming back.

Apocalypse would be the Iron Man 3 to Days of Future Past, because its only featuring a handful of characters from the last film and of course it is set after the last film.
Nah, I don't see the logic in that. A direct comparison to the MCU can't even be made with the way these films are set up but Apocalypse will be just as big of a film if not larger then DOFP, pkus more then likely feature the same leads.

Quote:
Still the nostalgia/reunion factor is a bigger marketing tool than Apocalypse + the younger version of Cyclops, Jean and Storm appearing in the movie.
I don't know if it's bigger like your saying. But I do think that nostalgia card is being used on DOFP. After this it won't have as strong of an effect. Jean Grey didn't sell lots of tix cause she was advertised in The Wolverine.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:13 AM   #125
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Talking Re: "Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?" - The Original Cast Thre

Quote:
You're amazing!

-Britney Spears