The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 01:00 AM   #326
Minxie
Side-Kick
 
Minxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 318
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Oh interesting, I was browsing Cap 2 stuff on youtube and randomly found out what music was used in the 4 minute trailer. I think some people were guessing it might be a sample from the movie score but it's actually a song by Immediate Music called 'Welcome to the Grid'. If anyone was interested in that there you go

Minxie is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:50 AM   #327
kosh33
MCU Fanatic
 
kosh33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Near the ocean
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

thanks Minxie!

kosh33 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #328
TJByrum
Captain America Fan
 
TJByrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 614
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Nice find Minxie.

__________________
"Not without you partner, the world needs Bucky too."
-Cap to Bucky
TJByrum is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 10:23 AM   #329
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,691
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxie View Post
Oh interesting, I was browsing Cap 2 stuff on youtube and randomly found out what music was used in the 4 minute trailer. I think some people were guessing it might be a sample from the movie score but it's actually a song by Immediate Music called 'Welcome to the Grid'. If anyone was interested in that there you go
Wow! Okay then… thanks for the link!

The score shall remain a mystery for now.

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630
Suzanne78 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #330
speno94
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 535
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Today is the press screening! I think somebody mentioned it was at 8pm CET. Can't wait for twitter reactions later.

speno94 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #331
TJByrum
Captain America Fan
 
TJByrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 614
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

@Speno94: Do you type in a specific tag into Twitter to see the reactions or something?

Also, wasn't the music used in the 4-minute clip part of the soundtrack?

__________________
"Not without you partner, the world needs Bucky too."
-Cap to Bucky
TJByrum is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #332
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Austrian Misty Mountains
Posts: 161
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

yep, 4 hours and a little to go Of course it could be there are other screenings in other European countries earlier today, but we're always pretty early, so I guess we're next.

*I'm totally not dolling up and dressing up right now because I don't know how else to survive 4 hours*

The twitter tag Marvel preferred in January for the 10 min screening was #wintersoldier. Gonna use that one today.

DarkPhoenix82 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #333
TJByrum
Captain America Fan
 
TJByrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 614
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix82 View Post
yep, 4 hours and a little to go Of course it could be there are other screenings in other European countries earlier today, but we're always pretty early, so I guess we're next.

*I'm totally not dolling up and dressing up right now because I don't know how else to survive 4 hours*

The twitter tag Marvel preferred in January for the 10 min screening was #wintersoldier. Gonna use that one today.
Thanks.

__________________
"Not without you partner, the world needs Bucky too."
-Cap to Bucky
TJByrum is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #334
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,691
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

One of the CBM peeps have posted general reactions to a screening he attended this weekend. Basically, it's awesome, second in his ranking only to Avengers, and very much stands on its own, like IM3 and T:TDW.

So…

I cannot wait for more reactions tonight. I'm so hopeful that they'll be as near-universally positive as the Avengers was.

I'm also really, really interested in Devin Faranci and ColliderFrosty (Weintraub's) reactions. Devin's especially, since I think he may surpass even this forum in how high his expectations are for this movie! And I'm near positive he screens it tonight. Devin was one of the few bloggers who was kind of down on TA when he first screened it, saying it lacked heart and he really liked TFA.

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630

Last edited by Suzanne78; 03-10-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Suzanne78 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #335
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Austrian Misty Mountains
Posts: 161
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Where did you find it on cbm? Can't find it on the main page or the news...

DarkPhoenix82 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #336
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,691
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix82 View Post
Where did you find it on cbm? Can't find it on the main page or the news...
Sorry about that! It was on Twitter:

Quote:
‏@Wakandan_King 57m
Good morning! I am proud to say that over the weekend I have seen #CaptainAmericaTheWinterSoldier !
Quote:
@Wakandan_King 53m
@TF3100 It was awesome! I can't say too much cause I've signed an embargo. It ends on the 17th. It's amazing tho!
Quote:
@Wakandan_King 48m
@Suzapalooz @TF3100 Number 2 behind Avengers!
I think after today, we're going to need a reaction spoiler thread. Maybe.

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630
Suzanne78 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #337
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

I think AoU will be the best movie, but it will be interesting to see if GotG will be better than Cap TWS.

Mightyally is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #338
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Austrian Misty Mountains
Posts: 161
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Ah, thanks for those Let's see what they'll have to say about spoilers tonight... I'll give a fair warning before I go posting into anything.

DarkPhoenix82 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #339
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,691
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix82 View Post
Ah, thanks for those Let's see what they'll have to say about spoilers tonight... I'll give a fair warning before I go posting into anything.
WK said his embargo ends on the 17th, does yours end on the 18th?

Just so long as you spoiler tag everything, it should be fine

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630
Suzanne78 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #340
TJByrum
Captain America Fan
 
TJByrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 614
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

20 Essential Movie Moments That Will Define 2014: Steve Meets Old Peggy - Captain America: The Winter Soldier

http://whatculture.com/film/20-essen...ne-2014.php/16

Nice pic of old Peggy there too!

__________________
"Not without you partner, the world needs Bucky too."
-Cap to Bucky
TJByrum is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #341
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Ms. Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S.W.O.R.D.
Posts: 2,919
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

The fact that the embargo is ending early is just increasing my expectations to ridiculous levels.

__________________
HAIL HYDRA
Ms. Marvel is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #342
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,691
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
The fact that the embargo is ending early is just increasing my expectations to ridiculous levels.
Pretty much EVERYTHING about this movie so far is not helping in the "managing my expectations" department. At all.

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630
Suzanne78 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #343
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Austrian Misty Mountains
Posts: 161
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
WK said his embargo ends on the 17th, does yours end on the 18th?

Just so long as you spoiler tag everything, it should be fine
Review embargo is until 21st here, which is basically no problem since our magazine is out on April 1st only, anyway... That's what you sign definitely when you enter the movie, it's on the invitation.

The question is how they want to handle spoilers and small teasers. We've talked about it one or two pages ago, I think, such things are always treated a bit differently. We could spoil Thor 2 all we wanted and they didn't mind teasers with Iron Man 3. I'll know tonight.

DarkPhoenix82 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #344
TJByrum
Captain America Fan
 
TJByrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 614
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

I still have 25 days to go! That is, if plans work out correctly, cause it all depends on schedules!

__________________
"Not without you partner, the world needs Bucky too."
-Cap to Bucky
TJByrum is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #345
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick
 
Ms. Marvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S.W.O.R.D.
Posts: 2,919
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Pretty much EVERYTHING about this movie so far is not helping in the "managing my expectations" department. At all.
Do Marvel generally have embargos that end this early?

__________________
HAIL HYDRA
Ms. Marvel is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #346
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 5,507
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix82 View Post
Review embargo is until 21st here, which is basically no problem since our magazine is out on April 1st only, anyway... That's what you sign definitely when you enter the movie, it's on the invitation.

The question is how they want to handle spoilers and small teasers. We've talked about it one or two pages ago, I think, such things are always treated a bit differently. We could spoil Thor 2 all we wanted and they didn't mind teasers with Iron Man 3. I'll know tonight.
may I ask which magazine you work for, just for purchasing reasons

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #347
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,691
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Do Marvel generally have embargos that end this early?
I remember Avengers embargo lifting a couple of weeks early. I forgot when the embargos for IM3 and T:TDW lifted.

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630

Last edited by Suzanne78; 03-10-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Suzanne78 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #348
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Austrian Misty Mountains
Posts: 161
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
may I ask which magazine you work for, just for purchasing reasons
German online and print magazine called Fandom Observer for once. Also best friend and me are just building up a new book/series/movies site/blog one on our own, since we both have press connections. And I'm a registered reviewer on moviepilot.de, meaning my comments show up in the official critic section.

Purchasing won't really be necessary anymore, Fandom Observer is just running out its print business and going fully online. TWS will be one of my last print reviews for now . I'll probably put it online in advance on 21st as I did it with all big blockbusters after review embargo was off.

DarkPhoenix82 is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #349
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 5,507
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix82 View Post
German online and print magazine called Fandom Observer for once. Also best friend and me are just building up a new book/series/movies site/blog one on our own, since we both have press connections. And I'm a registered reviewer on moviepilot.de, meaning my comments show up in the official critic section.

Purchasing won't really be necessary anymore, Fandom Observer is just running out its print business and going fully online. TWS will be one of my last print reviews for now
Fandom Observer? I guess I've read an issue or two. mostly because of their Perry Rhodan articles. so they are going fully online now? a pity, I'm still very in love with print magazines

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #350
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Austrian Misty Mountains
Posts: 161
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Ditto... But it's the way of most magazines I guess. Only few can survive and if it's not lucrative anymore, you let it be. Also, the team is getting a bit tired by now. You need a crew with enthusiasm for non profit organizations. Hence the new site we're building, but for all the press stuff I'm still registered with Fandom Observer because it's a name people know.

DarkPhoenix82 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.