The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #451
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix82 View Post
*dying whale noises* yeah I mean ... NO THIS IS NOT OKAY
LMAO!!

I will give you all the money I have in my accounts if your review consists of only, "*dying whale noises*".

That's just awesome. Really awesome!

Basically I expect to have the same reaction you are having.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #452
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

DP, I guess if you can just answer general impressions:

How was the acting? Especially Chris Evans. I always like hearing about him

How was the overall tone and balance of humor/drama? Also, how was the directing? You would be fine with the Russos returning for Cap 3, then?

No specifics or anything.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #453
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Someone mentioned the scepter being in that post credit scene. Then someone else said it would explain how QS and SW were used/manipulated. I´m not sure about that, but if they were you should look for the crystal blue stuff Hawkeye had in his eyes. I get the feelin Hydra has been experimenting on people, like TWS, QS and SW which means they have other, older, means to controll their subjects. I also heard someone say they are Strucker´s children way back? Does the scepter need to be involved with how Hydra uses them? It could, it could also be used for other Hydra projects!

Some of what you mention was pure fan speculation that turned out to be wrong, thankfully.

The assumption that Wanda & Pietro were going to be Strucker's twin son and daughter was just something cooked up here on the forum. Obviously the post credit scene proves that to be untrue. He wouldn't have them in cells if they were his own children. Presumably Strucker will use Loki's scepter to control the Twins, the way Loki controlled Hawkeye and Selvig in TA. Perhaps that will cause Clint to bond with Wanda and develop feelings for her, as he did in the comic book version. One can only hope.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:53 PM   #454
Minxie
Side-Kick

Just curious, DarkPhoenix - did the audience in your theater audibly react a lot to what was happening throughout the movie? I mean I'm guessing a press screening wouldn't have as many excitable fans freaking out like there are in a regular audience... But were there loud gasps/laughing/oohing/ahhing, anything like that at all? ^__^

Old 03-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #455
Lightsplasher
Side-Kick

Quote:
****ing mindblown. Excuse me while I go dying.
THIS is a good sign !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
DP, I guess if you can just answer general impressions:

How was the overall tone and balance of humor/drama? Also, how was the directing? You would be fine with the Russos returning for Cap 3, then?

What about the score , do you think Jackman nailed it ? And also are there any surprises , twists or particularly well done sequences ? (Without revealing if possible) Where do you rank it ?

Old 03-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #456
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick

Cs Funny Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

So, now I'm back in the hotel, doll armor is off, and I can actually take a breath. Or maybe I shouldn't, or these whale noise comes back...

Many Marvel fans in the room I guess, nearly everyone stayed to the last scene, and that rarely happens in a press screening. It's always professional in a press screening, but this one was really, really quiet and no one left early. A few laughs, mostly at the jokes that already were in the trailers, but also at
Stan Lee's
cameo, and Steve's and Nat's constant banter got a few laughs.

Quote:

Chris is doing very well... I'm biased, I say this from the start, since I'm really a huge Renner fangirl, and personally I'd like just a _tad_ more expression from Evans. Sometimes his face for me is a little stiff. But as I said: completely subjective. And hey, Steve's so done with everything, I guess after a while you got that look frozen on your face.

Scarlett's doing brilliant this time. I always love her acting, but this time she gets the full playground for Nat, and it's perfect. If you've seen the trailers, you know the scene where
she stands with Steve at that glass
, so that's no spoiler...
Half of the scene is only shown in their reflections, especially hers, and I wanted to break down in tears...

Cobie will never be my favorite actor, I guess... I don't know, she doesn't quite do it for me, then again, I'm not such a Hill fan. I liked Vancamp, and Sam's doing intense and great as always. Sebastian nails it in the range somewhere between Scarlett and Chris.

Less humor, as that review posted today said, most of it is in the trailers. But there's plenty banter between Steve and Nat left.
It's definitely the darkest Marvel movie we've seen so far, and it doesn't need
many deaths, though we do get to see a well known character die
. It punches you in the gut and leaves you gasping for air.

The Russos did a great job, and I'd welcome them back gladly.

Quote:
What about the score , do you think Jackman nailed it ? And also are there any surprises , twists or particularly well done sequences ? (Without revealing if possible) Where do you rank it ?
The music served. I have yet to hear another MCU soundtrack that leaves me as enchanted as Thor 1 and Avengers. It's great in several places, but mostly - for me - it's just there. It's not disturbing, and that's the most I expect of a soundtrack these days. Not everything can be a LOTR soundtrack that leaves me in tears with every single song, I guess.

A few great twists and surprises left that personally I don't recommend to let anyone spoil you. It does have impact on the whole MCU, not only the future but the past.

I have yet to meet the MCU movie that tops Avengers for me, but Cap2 has earned his second place well.

As for my ranting point that a few of you will remember , still not 100 % happy with that, but we see
that arrow necklace practically everytime Nat's on camera and not wearing work clothes, so I'm really happy with that. It will do.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #457
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

I'm not sure if I like the news of the lack of humor.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 03-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #458
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
So, now I'm back in the hotel, doll armor is off, and I can actually take a breath. Or maybe I shouldn't, or these whale noise comes back...

Many Marvel fans in the room I guess, nearly everyone stayed to the last scene, and that rarely happens in a press screening. It's always professional in a press screening, but this one was really, really quiet and no one left early. A few laughs, mostly at the jokes that already were in the trailers, but also at
Stan Lee's
cameo, and Steve's and Nat's constant banter got a few laughs.

Chris is doing very well... I'm biased, I say this from the start, since I'm really a huge Renner fangirl, and personally I'd like just a _tad_ more expression from Evans. Sometimes his face for me is a little stiff. But as I said: completely subjective. And hey, Steve's so done with everything, I guess after a while you got that look frozen on your face.

Scarlett's doing brilliant this time. I always love her acting, but this time she gets the full playground for Nat, and it's perfect. If you've seen the trailers, you know the scene where
she stands with Steve at that glass
, so that's no spoiler...
Half of the scene is only shown in their reflections, especially hers, and I wanted to break down in tears...

Cobie will never be my favorite actor, I guess... I don't know, she doesn't quite do it for me, then again, I'm not such a Hill fan. I liked Vancamp, and Sam's doing intense and great as always. Sebastian nails it in the range somewhere between Scarlett and Chris.

Less humor, as that review posted today said, most of it is in the trailers. But there's plenty banter between Steve and Nat left.
It's definitely the darkest Marvel movie we've seen so far, and it doesn't need
many deaths, though we do get to see a well known character die
. It punches you in the gut and leaves you gasping for air.

The Russos did a great job, and I'd welcome them back gladly.

The music served. I have yet to hear another MCU soundtrack that leaves me as enchanted as Thor 1 and Avengers. It's great in several places, but mostly - for me - it's just there. It's not disturbing, and that's the most I expect of a soundtrack these days. Not everything can be a LOTR soundtrack that leaves me in tears with every single song, I guess.

A few great twists and surprises left that personally I don't recommend to let anyone spoil you. It does have impact on the whole MCU, not only the future but the past.

I have yet to meet the MCU movie that tops Avengers for me, but Cap2 has earned his second place well.

As for my ranting point that a few of you will remember , still not 100 % happy with that, but we see
that arrow necklace practically everytime Nat's on camera and not wearing work clothes, so I'm really happy with that. It will do.
I only clicked on one of your spoiler things, the one that you said wasn't exactly a spoiler.

The stuff I read of your post, the non-spoilery stuff, all of it sounds good! I'll take your point about being a Renner fangirl and the stuff you said about Evans. I'm really, REALLY glad ScarJo is great, ditto Stan. I really love all three.

And, of course, Mackie. He's actually made me legit care about Falcon already, just from the footage in the trailers and TV Spots!!

Old 03-10-2014, 05:30 PM   #459
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
I'm not sure if I like the news of the lack of humor.
Well, TeeKay said the movie was very funny. It could be more a subjective things depending on the audience. So…

I'm just hoping the banter is good, heh.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #460
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Speaking of Renner, I hope they explain the reason he's not in the film.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 03-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #461
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Well, TeeKay said the movie was very funny. It could be more a subjective things depending on the audience. So…

I'm just hoping the banter is good, heh.
I sure hope so. After all this is the MCU we are talking about. People expect funny stuff in these movies now, that's ahuge part of their success. And if the 'multitasking' remark was the funniest quote of the film, then I'm really pissed.

ZWERG/ELF

Old 03-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #462
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
I sure hope so. After all this is the MCU we are talking about. People expect funny stuff in these movies now, that's ahuge part of their success. And if the 'multitasking' remark was the funniest quote of the film, then I'm really pissed.
Judging from what was shown about the nature of Sam and Steve's bro thing they have going on, plus the banter with Natasha and Steve, likely a lot of the humor will be of that nature. Dialogue and banter.

(And you're like the only person I've seen that mentions they want more humor, LOL!)

Old 03-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #463
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Was that the vice president in TV spot 3? If so, then this must take place either at the same time as or before IM3.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #464
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Speaking of Renner, I hope they explain the reason he's not in the film.
No such luck. As I said, that's my 2 % "Really, Marvel? REALLY?" But as I've said, there's this arrow necklace Nat's wearing, and it's not like it's a trivia fashion detail. She's got it on her neck every single time she's out of uniform, and that's a lot in the movie. They flashlight that thing enough to know, they wanted at least to have the Hawkeye fans a little something. Still grumpy there's no cameo but that very much replaces a namedrop for me.

Also (and I've really got no bad conscience confirming spoilers others dropped):

Strucker DOES have the scepter in that post credit scene.If they want to make this a subject, we'll have that big role Joss promised for Clint, and personally I can live with that. I also find it very possible they have him on Agents of SHIELD before. Now that the scepter is back, they do have a reason to come up with the subject again.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #465
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm sure Winter Soldier will have tons of humor, I'm guessing less humor means not quite as much humor as Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 3.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #466
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:

(And you're like the only person I've seen that mentions they want more humor, LOL!)
I CAN'T believe that.
I guess it's a generational thing, me, growing up with movies like Raiders Of The Lost Arc know that humor is essential with telling good, fun movies. A lot of people here associate humor in movies with the Scary Movie series, I think and therefore never developed any sense of humor at all.

ZWERG/ELF

Old 03-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #467
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Was that the vice president in TV spot 3? If so, then this must take place either at the same time as or before IM3.
I don't recall seeing Miguel Ferrer in any of the tv spots. I think Nestor Serrano is in this and he sometimes gets mistaken for Miguel

Pretty sure it was confirmed in the set visit reports as taking place after Iron Man 3 & Thor: The Dark World. Scarlett has said that this movie is pretty much real time and that it's been a couple years since Avengers. I think, for the most part, Phase 2 is going to be fairly linear with each movie taking place after the previous one and we won't have the overlap that we had with some of Phase 1.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 03-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #468
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
I don't recall seeing Miguel Ferrer in any of the tv spots. I think Nestor Serrano is in this and he sometimes gets mistaken for Miguel

Pretty sure it was confirmed in the set visit reports as taking place after Iron Man 3 & Thor: The Dark World. Scarlett has said that this movie is pretty much real time and that it's been a couple years since Avengers. I think, for the most part, Phase 2 is going to be fairly linear with each movie taking place after the previous one and we won't have the overlap that we had with some of Phase 1.
Oh, my bad.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #469
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I'd like to know more about the
Arnim Zola appearance.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #470
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Guys, I just wanna say thanks for keeping my reaction to this flick a secret. Saw TASM2 today and posted a reaction at the forums and it spread like wildfire, on twitterm facebook and youtube. I signed an NDA and I'm afraid Sony might contact me very soon:/

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 03-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #471
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Guys, I just wanna say thanks for keeping my reaction to this flick a secret. Saw TASM2 today and posted a reaction at the forums and it spread like wildfire, on twitterm facebook and youtube. I signed an NDA and I'm afraid Sony might contact me very soon:/
Maybe you should stop talking about these films at all until you are allowed? Just a thought.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #472
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:
No such luck. As I said, that's my 2 % "Really, Marvel? REALLY?" But as I've said, there's this arrow necklace Nat's wearing, and it's not like it's a trivia fashion detail. She's got it on her neck every single time she's out of uniform, and that's a lot in the movie. They flashlight that thing enough to know, they wanted at least to have the Hawkeye fans a little something. Still grumpy there's no cameo but that very much replaces a namedrop for me.

Also (and I've really got no bad conscience confirming spoilers others dropped):

Strucker DOES have the scepter in that post credit scene.If they want to make this a subject, we'll have that big role Joss promised for Clint, and personally I can live with that. I also find it very possible they have him on Agents of SHIELD before. Now that the scepter is back, they do have a reason to come up with the subject again.
Sounds awesome.

I have one question re: the after credits scene

Can you please describe the looks/hair/outfits that the twins wear? IE does Petro have his silver/white hair? Is Wanda wearing red? Etc.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #473
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Maybe you should stop talking about these films at all until you are allowed? Just a thought.
Duly noted, I just wanted to share with my fellow friends here. I get to see these things pretty early on, just thought it'd be nice to tell others as much as I can if need be.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 03-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #474
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Some of what you mention was pure fan speculation that turned out to be wrong, thankfully.

The assumption that Wanda & Pietro were going to be Strucker's twin son and daughter was just something cooked up here on the forum. Obviously the post credit scene proves that to be untrue. He wouldn't have them in cells if they were his own children. Presumably Strucker will use Loki's scepter to control the Twins, the way Loki controlled Hawkeye and Selvig in TA. Perhaps that will cause Clint to bond with Wanda and develop feelings for her, as he did in the comic book version. One can only hope.
Yeah agreed

Quote:
I absolutely love the humor itself in all MCU movies, but in TDW it was at the expense of what´s realistic, from time to time anyways. That was a big minus for me. For instance, I loved when Selvig was running around like that, when Thor hung his hammer on the coat hook, when they fell on that glass roof, when they both threatened Loki etc but about 15% (the train scene, bird scene and 1 scene with Darcy + a couple more) didn´t appeal to me at all.

One of my favourites is when the police asks Cap during the battle in N.Y why he should take orders/listen to him, brilliant scene.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #475
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Duly noted, I just wanted to share with my fellow friends here. I get to see these things pretty early on, just thought it'd be nice to tell others as much as I can if need be.
We really appreciate reading your thoughts about these films but we don't want you to get in trouble.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Closed Thread