The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #101
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
Are people going to hate me if I say I liked Darcy?
Yes

Old 03-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #102
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
BW's "Love is for children" line and delivery is one of my favorite moments from Avengers. It's perfect.
That line and everything she says to Hawkeye when he comes to gives me chills.

Quote:
I *like* Darcy and didn't have the issues others have with her. My friend really loves her too! We can just go stand in our corner and wave our "Darcy Fan Club" signs by ourselves.
So, there are at least three Darcy fans LOL!

Old 03-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #103
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Okay, it's nitpicking. I must actually enjoy ScarJo as Black Widow, I just don't realize it yet.
That'll learn ya!

Old 03-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #104
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
I *like* Darcy and didn't have the issues others have with her. My friend really loves her too! We can just go stand in our corner and wave our "Darcy Fan Club" signs by ourselves.
*raises hand* Four

Side note and back on topic, I don't think I can count the times I've watched that four min. clip + trailer *lol*

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 03-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #105
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

I don't mind Darcy the issue was where they placed her in TDW imo I mean it annoys me to no end how in the middle of the pretty darn good final fight, it just cuts too her goofballing around with the intern lol.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #106
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
*raises hand* Four

Side note and back on topic, I don't think I can count the times I've watched that four min. clip + trailer *lol*
That's how I time everything now.

"Hm, if they're twenty minutes away, I can watch the new Captain America clip five times and they'll be home."

"This download is ten minutes? Better watch the Cap clip three times."

Old 03-07-2014, 09:16 AM   #107
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
*raises hand* Four

I just rewatched it. Will probably watch it at least three… maybe 10 times… okay, 30 times today.

And the third TV spot.

And the second trailer

And the first trailer.

It's kind of amazing that, for everything that's been released so far, NONE of the promo footage from trailers or TV spots have shown who Winter Soldier is to Steve. Basically, they've been focusing on Steve vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. and they've tied WS to that, but they haven't even shown what I hope will be the really emotional core of the movie -- Steve with Peggy, Steve as a Man out of Time, Steve vs. WS post-reveal.

So while it feels like we're being spoiled right now, there's still so much more to be seen.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:16 AM   #108
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

From what I've seen I don't agree that it looks like a T.V movie. Looks like an expensive blockbuster film to me. As for Black Widow, I know they keep trying to shove the character down my throat but I don't care for her or Hawkeye. I thought they were a inoffensive but kinda a snooze in Avengers. I want a comicbook film starring a woman but I care so little about Black Widow that I wouldn't see a film based around her character.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #109
samsnee
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
I don't hate her. As others said, I think she was overused just a bit in the last one.

Back on topic, I wonder what the second post credit scene is. We know one of them ties to AoU, but could we be getting another GotG tease?

Old 03-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #110
coluanprime
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's okay, I like her too (and I love Jane, which for some reason seems to be an uncommon opinion)
Was anyone else reminded of Arrow when watching the boat clip? (Not a knock, I thought that the arrow scene looked like it was from a movie, except for a couple moments of CGI)

Old 03-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #111
Lightsplasher
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just rewatched it. Will probably watch it at least three… maybe 10 times… okay, 30 times today.

And the third TV spot.

And the second trailer

And the first trailer.

It's kind of amazing that, for everything that's been released so far, NONE of the promo footage from trailers or TV spots have shown who Winter Soldier is to Steve. Basically, they've been focusing on Steve vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. and they've tied WS to that, but they haven't even shown what I hope will be the really emotional core of the movie -- Steve with Peggy, Steve as a Man out of Time, Steve vs. WS post-reveal.

So while it feels like we're being spoiled right now, there's still so much more to be seen.
So glad to see I'm not the only one doing that !
And I agree , through , like the others said , I think the voice in the "4 min clip-trailer" was probably Peggy explaining him about the modern world .

It's a bit like for Avengers when we had a lot of new footage then in the Trailers , TV Spots and Clips but didn't really spoil that much . I guess it will be the same for TWS

Old 03-07-2014, 09:53 AM   #112
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
From what I've seen I don't agree that it looks like a T.V movie. Looks like an expensive blockbuster film to me. As for Black Widow, I know they keep trying to shove the character down my throat but I don't care for her or Hawkeye. I thought they were a inoffensive but kinda a snooze in Avengers. I want a comicbook film starring a woman but I care so little about Black Widow that I wouldn't see a film based around her character.
It's just one of those meaningless things people say on these boards now, particularly when it comes to these Marvel movies. I saw someone say that the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer looked like a TV show and I literally laughed out loud. People can say what they want about the humor not being for them, but that thing looks expensive and big. As does this

Old 03-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #113
Loki882
Side-Kick

I didn't mind Darcy in the first movie (she was fairly amusing). My problem with her in the second movie was that a. I didn't find a lot of her "jokes" to be all that funny, and b. it annoyed me that SHE got more screentime while actual interesting characters like Lady Sif and the Warriors 3 got LESS.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #114
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
It's just one of those meaningless things people say on these boards now, particularly when it comes to these Marvel movies. I saw someone say that the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer looked like a TV show and I literally laughed out loud. People can say what they want about the humor not being for them, but that thing looks expensive and big. As does this
Right! I mean, I do try to give the benefit of the doubt to people and assume they are being legit in their opinions about these movies looking like TV shows… maybe it's got something to do with the subject matter of TWS. It does have a very militarish, 24/G.I. JOE-but-in-a-good-way vibe. I thought that it really looks like the MGS movie I've been dying to see, to be honest.

But, at the same time, even on a small video player, when you look at the DLs of CA:TWS and GOTG in super gorgeous HD, you can see all sorts of lovely details with the sets and costumes and makeup. The photography work, especially on CA:TWS really does harken back to Elysium and District 9 and both of those movies had incredibly epic looks to them. Which makes sense, as Trent Opaloch is the cinematographer for all three movies.

Not to mention… REAL PHYSICAL SET PIECES!! I mean, the car chase/destruction of DC looks phenomenal and big-scale. It really does remind me of all those rough-and-tumble action movies I grew up with, before the age of digital VFX and greenscreens took over.

I mean, I guess I can see how someone could come to an opinion, re. "Marvel movies = TV movies" but I can't buy into it. Because that is absolutely the opposite of what I see with Cap 2.

*I really hope that makes sense… I think I need another cup of coffee and I'm getting sick!*

Last edited by Suzanne78; 03-07-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #115
Ksb36
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like Darcy, too. She's funny and pretty and I like her attitude.

People, STOP hating on Darcy. I mean it.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #116
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
I love Darcy. I want a Darcy movie.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-07-2014, 10:19 AM   #117
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

She never bothered me, they 2nd film they kinda used her a bit more than needed but I did enjoy this part.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #118
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Guys… let's get this focused back on Cap, okay?

So, runtimes? How lame is Widow? Chris Evans too skinny?? It totally looks like a TV movie??? Why no mention the other Avengers???

We can ONLY discuss the above.

Pick a topic.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:26 AM   #119
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
I didn't mind Darcy in the first film because she wasn't overused and it fit the tone of the movie. However, even then I thought that she was one scene away from being annoying. In TDW the writers took that character way past the point where she stopped being funny and became grating. By the time the film ended I had had more than enough of Darcy, her intern and their childish brand of humor. That was the only instance where the humor in a Marvel film detracted from the story, IMO.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:28 AM   #120
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Whats the music that plays in the trailer section of the clip? Please say official score *prays*

Old 03-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #121
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:

So, runtimes? How lame is Widow? Chris Evans too skinny?? It totally looks like a TV movie??? Why no mention the other Avengers???

Pick a topic.
Why is this movie a comediez!?

Old 03-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #122
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Runtimez!!!!

Old 03-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #123
Ksb36
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I didn't mind Darcy in the first film because she wasn't overused and it fit the tone of the movie. However, even then I thought that she was one scene away from being annoying. In TDW the writers took that character way past the point where she stopped being funny and became grating. By the time the film ended I had had more than enough of Darcy, her intern and their childish brand of humor. That was the only instance where the humor in a Marvel film detracted from the story, IMO.
You mean when Pepper Potts fell 200 feet into a blazing inferno and Tony Stark cracked a joke--that didn't bother you? LOL.

How often do we see female friendships in these films? NEVER!! You see females catfighting over men and you see females who are effectively men in drag (in other words, they think like men and act like men) but women who have REAL friendship? Again, this is the ONLY instance I can think of.

Darcy isn't just Jane's intern. She's her friend. She's not perfect, any more than Jane is. But she can be counted on in a crisis. And I like her and want to see more of characters like her.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #124
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Why is this movie a comediez!?

TOO MANY COMEDY MAKE SUZANNE ANGRY!! YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY!!

Old 03-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #125
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:

Pick a topic.
How will ScarJo's pregnancy affect this movie's publicity tour??? I think that's a valid topic, too

Closed Thread