The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #1001
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,981
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
So Question, basically you're going to ignore what everyone is saying until Fantastic Four comes out and does flop and then say "Oh could anyone ever seen that coming?!?!?"
No, that's not what I'm going to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Actually... We do know it was a factor. Main factor? That there is impossible to determine... But there were several people on here alone complaining about it being a reboot and others stating they were over spider-man after the third installment. .. You do realize even if only one person felt this way.... Its still a factor right? (which was not the case with the hype alone having multiple cases on the boards) but yes... Its still a factor. Like it ire not. That's enough information for burden of proof for it to be a factor.
I disagree. If the number of people who felt that way and didn't see Amazing Spider-Man because of Spider-Man 3 is small enough, then it's not a statistically significant factor. If twenty people commit an act of theft because they hallucinated that a green space man told them to, that's not a factor in what causes crimes to be committed in any meaningful sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Really, so if you went to a new restaurant and had a bad experience there, would you be eager to go back there any time soon? The first impression experience doesn't just relate to individuals, it can relate to other things as well.
Restaurants aren't movies. Restaurants don't open up shop for a couple of months and then close up, tear everything down, and then rebuild everything from scratch with a new staff a few years later. At least, not as a standard operating procedure. Restaurants also don't engage in the kinds of marketing campaigns that movies do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
There are plenty of bad films that have made it into the pop culture lexicon, people still talk about Manos Hands of Fate or Plan 9 From Outer Space decades after those films came out and in the information age, its easier to recall bad films, because there will be articles and video reviews of them long after they have felt the theater, not mention how every super hero movie seems to play non stop on cable. People still talk about Batman and Robin long after it debuted in theaters.

I think Batman Begins would have had a stronger box office take, if not for Batman and Robin.
1: Those movies only really make it into the nerd culture lexicon. Internet nerds, film buffs, and hipsters are all about famously bad movies, but the average person still probably has never heard of Manos or Plan 9. You're overestimating the influence nerd culture has on the wider culture.

2: The Tim Story Fantastic Four movies ain't Plan 9. They're nowhere near that infamous or interesting.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline  
Old 03-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #1002
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,019
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post



I disagree. If the number of people who felt that way and didn't see Amazing Spider-Man because of Spider-Man 3 is small enough, then it's not a statistically significant factor. If twenty people commit an act of theft because they hallucinated that a green space man told them to, that's not a factor in what causes crimes to be committed in any meaningful sense.


Sounds like an assumption to me... Im going to need facts

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 03-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #1003
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - - - Part 12

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.